Read 1993 times

Hi- is anyone else doing/has done this lesson? It's from the middle school text book for grade 1 that has the green cover. I don't have to do the actual lesson, but at least something to do with the theme, which seems to be mainly about english expressions but also a little about performance. I am sleep-deprived after Chuseok and need some inspiration! Thanks.

Re: Middle School Grade 1, lesson 8 - "Break a leg" Any tips/ideas? Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 12:25:45 pm »
Hey I was kind of excited to see someone using the same material!

What helped me was using some celebrities, for example:

Noh Hong Cheol has a big mouth, Joker has a heart of stone, like that.

I played a supplemental "Heroes" game with this one.  For example, have 2 people sit in front of the class, facing the class.  These 2 people can't see the secret name.  The class must give hints to these people.

After, ask them questions like "Who is always on cloud 9?"  [Spongebob!!], "Who's a busy bee?" [Obama!!]

You get what you give :)

• ingangwon
  • Explorer

• March 10, 2010, 09:44:24 pm
    • Gangwon-do
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 02:55:21 pm »
I quickly put something together for a lesson on this unit just today. One grammar point in this lesson is using expressions like "isn't it?" and "isn't she" etc. For example, "Your favorite food is bulgogi, isn't it? Or, "Jo Kwon is your favorite Kpop star, isn't he?

Here is the lesson:

1) Warm-up: Give hints about a couple mystery celebrities (1 man, 1 woman) and students can guess the identity. Explain how they can use the grammar form to guess. Then, have them guess about a thing, to practice "isn't it?" (see PPT)

2) Students fill out 1st side of worksheet.

3) Play a Celebrity Guessing Game (see PPT). I have a small class so I made two teams. The first team to write the answer on a whiteboard and guess the correct celebrity using the grammar form got a point.

4) Survey Activity (see document) - Students fill in a survey, choosing their favorites between the 2 options on each subject. Afterwards, students play with a partner and each tries to guess the other's answers. The person who guesses the most correctly wins. If there is time, each student can find a second partner.

Hopefully that helps. My students enjoyed it :)

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:16:02 pm »
That's great! Thanks ingangwon and robyoung 3484- lifesavers.