Read 2485 times

Fashion Show
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:52:51 pm »
For summer and winter camp, I came up with the idea of doing a fashion show.  First, I would go over basic clothes, and then I start teaching new words like "vest, argyle, sweater, checkered shirt."  They will be taught how to describe each clothes. 

Afterwards, I will make a mini-runway in my classroom.  I will pick a student to volunteer, and he/she will walk up and down the runway, and I must describe what that student is wearing (4-5 sentences). 

I recommend groups of 4.  Two students will get to speak, while the other will get to be fashion models.  They must describe in 5 sentences what each person is wearing. 

• KatieP
  • Explorer

• August 30, 2011, 12:42:01 pm
    • Korea
Re: Fashion Show
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:59 pm »
How did this work out for you??? I think this could be a really funny class. You could have the teachers be the judges and pick a winning team based on best description (adjectives) of the outfit, voice clarity, runway walk, etc.

• PurpleMonkey
  • Waygookin

• December 08, 2011, 09:08:04 am
    • Ulsan, South Korea
Re: Fashion Show
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:56:47 am »
I did this with my class back home.  They loved it.  There was a huge hype around the fashion show and it really went down well.  They got to pick music to go with their show too.  I got my judges to say what they thought about the 'models' to get them speaking and describing the clothes.