Read 8752 times

• boll
  • Veteran

• March 15, 2011, 11:24:49 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
Coupang
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:11:31 pm »
Anyone registered with coupang?

Entering the name thing is a problem... (no space, in korean, matches to ARC number)

However, I got a confirmation number via my phone, but I'm not even sure where to enter that now... AHHHH!

Help...

• kimjoohui
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2010, 09:22:43 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Coupang
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »
I'm going to revive this old thread, and hopefully someone will be able to answer my questions...

When you buy the coupons, does it automatically take the cash from your bank account? Also, can you get the coupon sent to your phone in a text, or do you have to print it out? Lastly, has anyone used coupang to get their hair done? If so, did you have to call in advance to set up an appointment or did you just walk in? The one (I think) I've bought is this one: http://www.coupang.com/deal.pang?coupang=14536645. In general, if anyone's used coupang before, I'd like to hear about your experience...

Sorry my questions may appear to be rather dumb; I've never used groupon or social living before in the US so I'm new to these group coupon websites, and my Korean still isn't good enough yet. Google translate helps, but isn't perfect. (One of the phrases on coupang's website got translated to "American blindness society." lol!)

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:32:50 pm »
I use Coupang and similar sites quite often. Not only do I save money, but reading the sites often helps my Korean reading comprehension!  ;D

If you buy the coupons using bank transfer, it takes the money from your bank account (sometimes waiting until the deal has ended before collecting). You can also pay with a credit card (not bank/debit card) if you have one.

After buying a coupon, you can always have the receipt sent to your phone/e-mail. As for the coupon itself, though, it really depends on which deal you're buying. Some (most) coupons you must print out, and some insist on texting you a confirmation number or link to a website (having a smartphone really helps with those types of coupons. For one deal I bought off Ticketmonster, the company actually called me so I could make a reservation, then sent me my coupons in the regular mail. Make sure you keep your address, e-mail address, and phone number up to date.

As for the reservation, most deals require one. If you're not sure, I highly recommend making a reservation just in case. By the way, the word for "reservation" or "appointment" in Korean is 예약 (yay-yahk).

Hope this helps!

• kimjoohui
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2010, 09:22:43 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »
Thanks, that does help! :) I took a closer look at the advert and it appears I have to make a reservation one day in advance if it's a weekday or one week in advance if it's a weekend. Going to try calling and hopefully they'll be able to understand my terrible Korean. lol.

• hwana
  • Expert Waygook

• September 29, 2010, 09:19:04 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »
Bit of an old thread to be bumping, but I've been enjoying some mad Coupang discounts recently and thought I'd share the love. You'll need some Korean reading skills to sign up and navigate the site, but it's worth the effort.

http://www.coupang.com

Had BBQ beef in a Gangnam restaurant last night with a mean 50% off coupang voucher.. best meal I've had in the last month, hands down. That particular offer's expired now, but you can see what's available in your area by browsing the 지역 section on the site. Be aware that a lot of the restaurant vouchers will require you to make a booking beforehand, so check the discount details.

There's a smartphone app, too. To use the coupon, the cashier just needed the last 4 digits of my phone number.

(If a mod sees this, it should probably be in the Life in Korea section)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:17:11 pm by hwana »

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 08:52:52 am »
Read a day or two ago that they were fined for false advertising amongst other things. Guess one has to be careful with anything online these days.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!