Read 10780 times

Kpop concerts
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »
I have 7 weeks left in Korea. I'm slowly making my way through my bucketlist, however I have one item that I'm struggling with. How do I get to a kpop concert? Where can I find tickets or information about concerts coming up in Seoul? Do tickets sell up really fast, are they really expensive? I really don't care who I see, I just thought it would be something fun to do before I leave.

Thanks ahead if you can give me any info!

• b of nc
  • Veteran

• September 09, 2010, 12:02:53 pm
    • Mom's basement
Re: Kpop concerts
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:13:44 am »
There is a big concert coming up August 13th in Incheon.

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/FU/FU_EN_15.jsp?cid=1331382

I went to one last year in Gwangju and it was easy to find info on it but I'm having a much harder time of finding a website or even facebook page for this one :(
-Tea Master-in-chief

• Lever
  • Adventurer

• December 02, 2010, 09:14:40 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:09 pm »
You might want to give interpark a try.  I used them this past winter to book tickets to the Nutcracker.  Just be careful...once you purchase your ticket, you might not be able to get a refund should your plans change. 
http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/index.asp

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:33 pm »
Here is more info on the Incheon concert mentioned by b of nc.

http://www.koreanwavefestival.com/page/foreigner.php

Just call, give your name, phone number, and ARC number and you get a ticket!

• lasoro70
  • Veteran

• November 24, 2010, 12:14:01 pm
    • Western USA
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:00:51 am »
Yeah, I called last week and got my ticket. Unfortunately, they only give you one. I asked if I could have a +1 to bring a friend and they said they couldn't do that. If you don't have an ARC number, you can't go as a foreigner. But, like the OP, I'm going just to scratch it off my "Korean Bucket List" so I don't mind going solo. Plus, I've always wanted to see SNSD lip sync "Hoot" in person.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:58:13 am »
kpop concerts are the best!! i've been to several myself (all of them involving my namesake in some form  :P).
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 09:45:13 am »
This year I have been to 3 kpop concerts and last year i went to about 50 total....for the simple ones like hallyu in gyeongju or korean wave in incheon it's super beyond
simple to register for tickets with your arc.....if you have a fav kpop artist and you want a real concert where you get to experience it with the crazy fangirls and boys
then you're in for a lot more work.  Unless you don't care about sitting in the back more then you have to buy tickets within the first 5 minutes they go on sale and also
depending on who you want to see ticket prices vary a lot.  auction, yes24, gmarket and interpark are the most common places to find tickets but almost everytime you
wont find them on the english pages because they aren't considered events for international interest. 

• ajs233
  • Explorer

• August 20, 2011, 11:53:32 pm
    • Cheongju
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 12:04:02 am »
Try http://www.koreagigguide.com/concert-calendar/ and see if you can find something that you like :)

• lexy
  • Explorer

• October 11, 2010, 12:16:15 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 02:50:16 pm »
K-pop concerts are so ridiculously fun! My friends and I are going to the 2NE1 concert tomorrow...it's gonna be the best! Hope you bought your tickets! ^^

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 02:49:42 pm »
It feels like tickets sell faster depending on the group. Last year I went to one, but then again I was only in Korea for 5 weeks. They're definitely a lot of fun and worth it! I'm probably going to try and go to see 2pm again next month.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 07:29:32 am »
This might seem silly but is K-pop a band or a type of singing?

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 07:33:08 am »
K-pop is short for 'Korean pop.' So basically, it's just Korean pop music.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 03:37:23 pm »
Interpark global. It's in english. and the last time I bought k-pop tickets I bought them there. The regular site was moving slow but no one was on the international site. So it was a piece of cake to buy them.
It does sell out fast, last time I bought. The concert sold out in 8 minutes.

• clmowl
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2011, 09:11:57 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 10:09:25 am »
OMG 2PM beginning of Sept. I'm so there!

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 10:11:01 am »
Do you look out of place as a foreigner at these events, or is it okay?

In Korea, you always look out of place, save for Itaewon/Hongdae.

It doesn't matter.  I've had a few (Korean) folks get a kick out of the fact that I'm there.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 10:24:24 am »
OMG 2PM beginning of Sept. I'm so there!

Haha maybe I'll see you there? If I go, I plan on going to the Saturday concert as it's just easier to get to Seoul during the weekend than on a Friday for me.

• nickster13
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2011, 01:54:12 pm
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 02:17:30 pm »
Does anyone know of a website that shows all the current groups on tour, etc? I listen to some kpop and would be interested to know when certain groups are where and what time, so if someone could let me know that would be great, thanks!!!

• EmJaye
  • Explorer

• December 03, 2011, 10:23:22 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »
Are there any tricks for buying on Gmarket? I've used Interpark several times, and it's really simple on their Global/international site, but I can't figure out other sites...

• cdwyer
  • Veteran

• December 17, 2010, 01:39:21 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »
It's easy to buy on G-market.  You have to go to the Korean site now (it is no longer available in English) to buy concert tickets.   On the right side of the menu there will be something that says "티겟".  Scroll over that and then the fourth option down, you will see "티겟" again.  Click on that. Once you book your ticket you just follow the same order process you would for the English site, but it's all in Korean.   At this point, if you can't read Korean, open a new tab and "order" something from the English site.  My friend and I "order" stickers when we get to this point.  Once you get to the payment page in English, do a side by side comparison as to which payment option to click on the Korean page.    Just remember.. don't order what you "ordered" unless you really want that....

I think it is better than interpark.  At interpark you have to use your card from back home, but sometimes you don't want to spend that money. 

Oh and by the way, when you are booking your ticket and then asked to proceed, confirm, or cancel in Korean ("which button do I choose again??"), just quickly translate what Gmarket is asking you with your phone.  That's what I always do, just to make sure. 

• EmJaye
  • Explorer

• December 03, 2011, 10:23:22 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 09:15:38 pm »
I think it is better than interpark.  At interpark you have to use your card from back home, but sometimes you don't want to spend that money.
I haven't had any trouble using my Woori bank card to buy tickets on Interpark - do you have an ARC?

Anyway, thanks for the help on using Gmarket tickets!!