Read 6042 times

Re: Who do you hang out with at school?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 02:35:43 pm »
I hang out with my friends on facebook chat. Any down time, I'm talking to other English teachers in Korea or friends back home. During lunch I go get my lunch and then sit at my computer talking to my friends. The first couple months I tried making friends at my school, and I am friends with one of the gym teachers, but besides that there's nobody at my school I like. I'm fine with it, I have plenty of friends...I dont need to force it. If the Koreans are offended by that, meh.

PS: Hello moderator baby sitter!

Re: Who do you hang out with at school?
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 08:13:12 am »
Breaking into those lunchtime cliques is hard. They are obviously there. Groups of teachers sit together.

Sometimes my co teachers who I sit next to will signal that they are going for lunch, sort of an invitation to me I guess. Other times though, they wont wait for me. In that case, if I see them in the cafeteria I will make a point not to sit with them.

It's disheartening to see all the teachers already there in their groups, while I go in last and sit alone.

Similarly it can be disheartening when I am already there, with plenty of space for someone to join me but some teachers choose to walk past me and sit somewhere else.

Just the way it is.

I consider it very rude but hey, people can be nasty.

Usually I go to the cafeteria alone and sit anywhere. I try to avoid the cliques, truth be told, cos I think it's pretty immature and 'high' school like.