Read 22015 times

• afheil89
  • Veteran

• August 23, 2014, 12:41:16 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Wall-e movie summer camp
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:25 am »
Did you guys show walle with korean subs since it doesn't have a lot of language? I'm thinking of using it for 5th graders as part of a space camp. I'm just wondering if the subtitles would be necessary. Thanks!
I teach, eat, and travel through Korea and write about it. http://www.ashleyheil.com

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 10:32:35 am »
I didn't use Korean subtitles. I actually had a DVD which had English and Korean subtitles. I went with English and my students seemed to keep up.

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 01:10:17 pm »
I took the worksheets that mtnbk13 posted, and made 3 power points that walk low-level elementary students through them with Korean translations (kindly provided by my co-teacher) and pictures. My students don't have big vocabularies, but they are willing to mime stuff to me. As I teach this lesson, I will add more vocabulary slides for the words that they generate with me via miming. I also made slides of the provided vocabulary words, and there is a vocabulary review in each ppt. There are six worksheets, each power point addresses 2.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 01:40:39 pm »
ack, those weren't the final versions. Sorry. Humidity has poached my brains. These are basically what I just posted, but with screen shots of the worksheets and arrows that point out each bit. Possibly not necessary for your needs, but I thought it would help my low level elementary kids. 

• Ben1981
  • Veteran

• June 06, 2010, 06:04:09 pm
    • Pohang
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »
I mashed the hell out of the op's worksheets to create new versions that elementary schoolers can handle. I put them all into one document, but you can use the approximate timings suggested by the op as stopping points. Lower level students still require guidance but the majority of my students could at least give it a shot. It took me 5 periods of 40 minutes each to finish the movie and all the worksheets. Enjoy.

• Helenkgj
  • Newgookin

• March 31, 2019, 03:10:42 pm
    • Yeongju South korea
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 12:59:59 pm »
This is amazing guys! I have an unruly bunch for 6th grade, so in order to motivate them to work and pay attention, I promised them a movie at the end of the year (it is now November). I think this movie is perfect for them since the textbook actually uses pictures of wall-e and eve for their last chapter called "We should save the earth". The worksheets you posted are a life saver. (I never said they could just watch the movie and veg out lol)