Read 13398 times

This lesson worked really well for my teachers class...even the quiet ones got involved. The video is excellent...thank you for exposing me to the the wonderful world of Everynone!

• wreaves
  • Waygookin

• August 28, 2012, 10:26:25 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
This looks awesome -- looking forward to working with this media in my class with the English department this week!

• caesar9171
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2010, 09:09:26 pm
    • ROK
    more
Here's a matching activity to go with the video. I made it a couple years ago.
www.u-english.com | Free daily English challenges!

• nnugent
  • Newgookin

• September 08, 2012, 07:24:22 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
This is amazing!  Thanks for sharing.

Words is a great video. My site has that one plus many others for class lessons.

Here's a link to two good ones:
http://www.eslwriting.org/6731/learn-english-esl-speakin-and-writing-exercise-story-analysis/

Or this one
http://www.eslwriting.org/5399/esl-video-lesson-english-discussion-activity-seconds-of-beauty/

Enjoy

• sijafr
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2012, 02:32:50 pm
    • Anyang
This is a great lesson, thanks so much! I'm definitely gonna use this for my teacher's class today. But can I just say that 'lite' is not the opposite of 'heavy'. 'Light' is. Popular culture is ingrained too far into our brains haha.

Anyway, I'm going to do the .ppt and then get the teachers to brainstorm different uses of each word (as I'm sure everyone would have done) on top of the ones in the video. I've got some extras that I prepared just in case the teachers come up dry. I thought I'd share them, in case anyone is interested.

to play someone (to lie to or deceive someone)
to play with fire (idiom to mean someone is doing something dangerous)
blow (a street word for cocaine) I'll let you decide whether to use this one or not, only you know how your teachers will react to this!
blow all of one’s money (spend all of one's money)
break one’s heart (to hurt someone who loves you very much)
break (British [and American??] word for a television advert “see you after the break”)
splitting hairs (idiom to mean that you're making small, unnecessary distinctions in something)
to split (to leave somewhere, often quickly)
run out of (when you have nothing left of something because you used it all)
run into (an old friend etc.,)
fly on the wall (oh, I do wish I was a fly on the wall for that conversation!)
flew somewhere (to arrive somewhere very quickly “The roads were dead! We flew here!”)
fall into (come upon a situation very easily “A: how did you become a film director?” B: “Oh, it was very natural, I just kinda fell into it.”)
fall (her face fell as she thought about the arguments she had had with George)
to make light of a bad situation (to think positively about a negative situation)
lite (used to describe a low-fat or low-sugar food or drink)
to go out like a light (fall asleep very quickly)
to need space (because of a clingy or dependent person)
spaced out (become distracted or disoriented especially from taking drugs)

I hope these are useful to somebody  :)

• miriamb3
  • Waygookin

• November 02, 2011, 03:07:24 pm
    • Gwangyang
This is an awesome lesson. Kudos to you.

Who ever knew that I would find such a gem on here today. Thanks for these great lessons  8)

• nakdong
  • Adventurer

• November 16, 2009, 11:54:43 am
    • Korea
Just a worksheet to accompany the ppt's in the post. Thank you to the creators, this has made for a good class.

Thanks for just introducing WORDS to me. It's amazing on its own.

• temari_uta
  • Waygookin

• August 08, 2012, 12:22:44 pm
    • Boryeong, S. Korea
I chanced across the Everynone Words clip many years ago and it's a great tool/ aid to utilize in the classroom whether you have younger or older students. Once they are able to grasp the collocations it makes for an interesting lesson.