Read 15974 times

• mellow-d
  • Adventurer

• September 09, 2010, 02:46:32 pm
    • Seoul
how to get money back from gmarket refund
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:01:47 pm »
Hey, so I returned the dress I bought off gmarket. The money should be refunded to my gmarket account. Does anyone know how to get this money back into my bank account? Or is it such a pain I should just buy something else?  :(

• bryn22
  • Adventurer

• April 25, 2011, 11:44:32 am
    • ROK
Re: how to get money back from gmarket refund
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »
Hey! I could be mistaken, but I think the vendor will automatically return the money to the account you paid with. This is what happened with me, although the situation was a bit different. Everything I ordered was out of stock several times in a row. The vendors did not tell me until after the money was removed from my American bank account. The order would be canceled and I would then try to buy another item. My bank shut down my international debit card because it appeared as if I had bought five 65 liter backpacks. Eventually, all the vendors returned my money without me having to do anything! It was a nail-biting few days waiting for that to happen, though, so I feel your pain, OP!

G-Market returns and exchanges
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:29:38 am »
I did a quick search of the site and couldn't find anything on this topic, so...

I recently bought a pair of shoes off G-Market that are just shy of fitting that I intend on returning. Which begs the question, how do I return things on G-Market?

I read up on it and the site says someone will come and pick up the item in two days time, but what if I'm not home? Most couriers leave packages near the parking lot guard shack, should I just leave my package with the guard? Also, in regards to the return fee, will they subtract it from my refunded money or do I need to pay this seperately?

Thanks!

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
Re: G-Market returns and exchanges
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:10 am »
Returning can be a bitch. For some things it's easy but for others you may need a Korean friend's help to communicate directly with the seller telling them to pick up the package with the guard.

The return fee should just be deducted from your refunded money, usually, which then shows up in your Gaccount Balance which you can use right away to buy anything else you want.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• kiwigirl
  • Veteran

• May 22, 2011, 02:16:38 am
    • Ilsan, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 01:38:47 am »
I had to do this a little while ago, I bought a kids top that smelt really funny when I opened it so I wanted to return it.  I did it all through the site which is pretty easy there is a button that you can select to return and then write what the problem was.

I had the same issue however that I was not home when the courier came to pick it up, eventually courier called me and I happenend to be at work on break with my Korean manager sitting right next to me.  I thought the call might be about the package so I gave the phone to my manager and she sorted out that he needed to pick it up and and arranged for me to leave it with the security guard in my building.  She also wrote a note in Korean for me to put on the package for when I gave it to the guard.  It had my name and that someone was picking it up later that day.  All worked out well and the money was refunded into my Gmarket account within a couple of days.   

Because it took a bit longer due to the courier arrangment I did also get a call from Gmarket, she actually spoke English.  She wanted to know what was happening. I explained that the package was getting picked up and I also let her know the issue so she could pass it onto the seller. 

• elsnoop
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2012, 08:24:43 am
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:12:48 am »
I ordered a cable tidy a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't received it.

I'm wondering how I should proceed.

Should I ask for a refund, a replacement or just ask them to find out what happened to the first delivery and try to fix that problem.

Has anyone had this problem before?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• kiwigirl
  • Veteran

• May 22, 2011, 02:16:38 am
    • Ilsan, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 01:58:11 am »
You can check on the tracking to see if it should have been delivered yet. 

I had a few things recently that were never delivered, they were just little stationary items so I was not really worried but eventually they emailed me (all in Korean that went to my junk mail and I never saw) it basically says that its taking a long time to source and if they don't hear from you they will just go ahead and cancel the order and refund you money into your gmarket account.  You then get a cancellation email (this one I got and was really surprised as I had not cancelled anything, however finally figured out the ones in my spam box were about the same thing).

You could then email the seller and see what they have to say first there might just be a delay, if you know someone that can email in Korean for you that would be easiest if you don't know Korean. Otherwise use google translate - not a perfect way but usually they get the gist.

• jazzychica
  • Adventurer

• December 26, 2010, 12:24:12 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
Hey, mello-d, it doesn't look like you've gotten an answer to your question yet  ;)

If the return money has already been deposited into your g-account, you can (hypothetically) get the money to go back to your bank account. This should be a simple online transaction. The problem is that, for foreigners, our back accounts have names with spaces in them, while gmarket only accepts names without spaces. This means that our gmarket names don't match our bank account names (and gmarket won't authorize that).

I looked this up a while ago and found out that gmarket can deposit the money back into your bank account, but they have to verify that the g-account & bank account belong to the same person.

tl;dr: just spend it on something else on gmarket  :D

Edit: I found the gmarket info... if the money's in your gmarket cash balance you can click withdrawal, but the automated form won't work (name problems, as I mentioned above). Maybe you could click "Overseas bank account" then give your Korean bank info in the message. Anyway, this is the help info I found:

Withdrawal from and transfer to banks in Korea:
Available only for the funds deposited from banks in Korea.
Free of charge. 7~10 business days. (If the name or other required information
on bankbook including spaces, if any, is different from the information you
send us, withdrawal may be delayed or you may be required to submit
copy of your bankbook.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:09:59 pm by jazzychica »

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 09:52:25 am »
G-Market is an online retailer center.  It isn't a 'online store' per se.

The listings you see are people who pay to advertise their products on a popular site (like newegg.com or tigerdirect.com).

Asking for a refund from them is asking the wrong person.  You need to contact the seller and ask them (the company you bought whatever you did from).

THIS is where seller ratings are really important.  Some companies put exchanges in fine print and refuse refunds.  One electric shaver I bought was imported from the states and had the US plug with it.  WHERE your products come from is also a grey area.

SENDING YOUR BANK BOOK DETAILS IS A BAD IDEA!  Don't do that.  You may not fully understand why, but it's a BAD idea.  The company can refund the same account you payed with.

If they refuse to refund you, save yourself the time and stress and move onwards as a life lesson learned.

MC

• nermal
  • Veteran

• September 26, 2012, 08:07:32 am
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 10:13:23 am »
Old thread but asking for new information.
I bought some electronics on gmarket that the seller ended up not having in stock. The money is refunded as a cash balance in my Gaccount. I now want to withdrawal that money and put it into my bank account so I can go use it at a store. It's asking for my normal bank information, but they also want a copy of my ID and bankbook. It says I can black out 5 digits of my account numbers for security reasons, but I'm still not 100% comfortable doing it. Do I have any reason to worry? Or am I just being paranoid?

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:44:09 am »
Old thread but asking for new information.
I bought some electronics on gmarket that the seller ended up not having in stock. The money is refunded as a cash balance in my Gaccount. I now want to withdrawal that money and put it into my bank account so I can go use it at a store. It's asking for my normal bank information, but they also want a copy of my ID and bankbook. It says I can black out 5 digits of my account numbers for security reasons, but I'm still not 100% comfortable doing it. Do I have any reason to worry? Or am I just being paranoid?

I understand your paranoia, but it's standard procedure. I had to do a similar thing before when I signed up for paypal transactions (though now I just use bank wires, no fees and super easy). You'll be A-OK.

• z80
  • Expert Waygook

• August 24, 2014, 07:34:50 pm
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »
I had a problem with a vendor not giving me the sofa I ordered. One month latter it hadn't arrived so I did that gmarket live chat thing on the English version and then pressed "send a message" then told them what happened. The returned the money to my gmarket account the next day, and then when you go to view your balance, it has something about bank account, Pressed that and it returned my money to my regular bank account.