Read 1976 times

• pez
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• May 28, 2010, 01:25:59 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea

Hey! So, I have no idea if I am "where I'm supposed to be" in the Elementary national textbook.

For example,  I see posts for people who are already on Lesson 9, and I am just beginning Lesson 8.

I have asked my school this question several times, but have never gotten an answer. While I realize that each school has schedules that are a little different, is there some sort of  "in-a-perfect-world-you-should-be-on-this-lesson-on-this-day" schedule or calendar?

I sort of have the power to speed things up or slow things down, and last year I didn't finish the book... I'd like to try and finish the whole thing this year, but I don't even know if I am moving fast/slow/or just right.  I know you're supposed to do 1 lesson a day, but things happen and classes get cancelled/interrupted/etc.

Thanks

• shofny
  • Explorer

• December 16, 2009, 03:38:40 am
I think the general rule is 8 lessons in semester 1 and then 8 in semester 2. So if your on lesson 8 that's about right. You start lesson 9 after summer. But every school is different!

:)

• Gillod
  • Veteran

• December 01, 2009, 07:29:17 pm
8 & 8 is right, even the lesson plan names indicate that. That said, my 2nd semester was a bit shorter and saw more classes canceled, so. A head start couldn't hurt :)

• panda
  • Adventurer

• November 30, 2009, 04:52:46 pm
The basic guidelines are the tests. Find out when they are and which units they will cover. Having said that, you should be doing/done with lesson 8 by now. The second semester you teach 9-15. 16 is for graduation week hence the 'Did you have a nice vacation?' for 5th grade. Having said that you probably won't have time to teach it then so you can get it done before.