Read 16374 times

• laislinns
  • Waygookin

• April 13, 2010, 08:17:04 pm
    • Cheongju
Drawing and personality test
« on: June 24, 2010, 08:02:02 am »
Hi all

I did this lesson for my second-grade after school class and it went pretty well. The kids seemed to enjoy it.

I just started off by giving them instructions on how to draw a simple flower (though you could give instructions about how to draw anything that is easily drawn).
Then everyone drew their own simple drawings, got into pairs and instructed their partners how to draw it. They all seemed to enjoy being able to give instructions in English.
Then afterwards I read them a simple story that I wrote about the personality test and instructed them to draw things for it, and when I was done I told them what their drawings meant about them, and they really seemed to enjoy that.
The next part was going to be getting them to talk about what their drawings meant, if the meanings were true for them or not, etc. But I didn't have time, so I think it will make a good way to revise what happened last week in their next lesson.

I got the personality test from http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/cgi-bin/personality2.pl
It's the last one on the page and I slightly edited the meanings, while keeping their meaning, and I left out the snake bit because I thought it would be inappropriate.

• Ashlea
  • Adventurer

• December 07, 2009, 12:58:12 pm
    • Wonju, South Korea
Re: Drawing and personality test
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 01:10:18 pm »
I am definitely trying this today with my afterschool class! thanks so much for sharing, it was VERY descriptive, which I really appreciated because I could read exactly how the lesson worked for you. I will just make sure to review shapes with the students by drawing them on the board and prepositions so they can give good directions. my class is a middle school grade 1 class but they are pretty good :) thanks so much for the wonderful idea!!!

• Ashlea
  • Adventurer

• December 07, 2009, 12:58:12 pm
    • Wonju, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:42:30 am »
this lesson = success for my after school classes. My students loved this...I definitely going over shapes and prepositions was the best and I had them in groups make a drawing and try to explain it to me on the white board, it was great because it had them saying things like "make a small circle inside the big circle", they also really loved the personality test with the picture :) thanks for sharing this again!!!

• laislinns
  • Waygookin

• April 13, 2010, 08:17:04 pm
    • Cheongju
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:09:09 pm »
Thanks  :D Glad that the lesson worked out well for you!

• pinklemonade
  • Adventurer

• April 29, 2010, 03:17:58 pm
    • Goheung, Jeollanam-do
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 04:56:48 pm »
yep this lesson works well, used it last night at the genius center and the kids and co teacher like it. definitely an engaging lesson :)

• min1178
  • Waygookin

• August 23, 2010, 08:12:23 am
    • Osan Korea
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:10:46 pm »
my unmotivated middle 3rd graders first were doubtful what i was doing but later they were eager to find out what each picture they drew meant. thanks for this...

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 02:20:25 pm »
The personality tests are interesting but they look too advanced for my absolutely apathetic students who have completely shut down after their final exams and refuse to learn anything whether it's within or beyond their intellectual ability. I still want to use it, any suggestions?

• omarples
  • Waygookin

• May 26, 2010, 03:00:16 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 03:13:22 pm »
Great lesson thank you so much for the post

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 03:23:21 pm »
this personality test worked well with some of my classes and i find it very interesting personally! thanks for sharing! i made a ppt to go with it and hope you guys will find it useful!

• korr
  • Expert Waygook

• July 16, 2009, 12:35:46 pm
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 01:51:53 pm »
I did this with my advanced elementary kids and they loved it. :)

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:08:35 am »
Thanks for the amazing idea!  I used it last year, and then again this year.  But this year I made a ppt. to go along with it.  I hope it's helpful for anyone who uses it.

Also, if you have time to kill you can discuss what the different objects mean (the house represents the student's virtues, the tree represents the mother, the sun represents the father, the water represents the emotions of the student, and the flowers represent their friends).

• raskal
  • Veteran

• November 29, 2010, 02:24:17 pm
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »
Here is a ppt i made since my lower levels do not understand anything I say.