• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 03:08:04 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Exploring Our World Camp
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2017, 04:19:39 pm »
Attached is:
Summer Camp 2016 - Part 3

****EDIT I will be removing all of my materials as waygook.org wants to now charge you for something they did not create. If you would like a COPY FOR FREE, please inbox me and I would be more than happy to send you the materials. I would recommend all other users with  uploaded materials to do the same.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:23:58 pm by Schellib39 »

• ZouZou
  • Explorer

• April 28, 2015, 01:12:16 pm
    • JeJu
« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2017, 01:58:35 pm »
Puerto Rico

These are my materials but a friend gave me the ideas for this lesson when she did the same topic for a different camp. Both camps were around the world camps. I am missing some materials because of a lost USB stick. Hopefully the materials can still be of use to someone.

• rsides3
  • Newgookin

• January 13, 2017, 04:45:38 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2017, 03:17:37 pm »
Day 2 - INDIA
Continuing from Day 1, we fly to India today and read a storybook about a boy named Kailash. Kailash is a pen pal with Elliot in the USA (the country we learn about in Day 1). So, in the afternoon, we are pen pals with one another. The catch? We use invisible ink that we cooked up together in the classroom using lemon juice and water! I hope you enjoy the materials below!

1. Four Corners Game about India - the students must guess which picture is of India
2. Same, Same, but Different by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw - I like to read the story twice. First, I read. Then the students read. I ask them questions to make sure they're following the story.
3. Pen Pal Sheet and Science Experiment - we made the invisible ink and wrote the notes in the morning. After the letters dried, we exchanged the notes (they picked each other's names out of a bowl to get partnered up) and used an iron to heat the letters to reveal the invisible notes underneath. I recommend having 3-5 irons available to speed things up a bit.
4. Kokku Para Para - a traditional Indian game you can play if you have time. It's easily adaptable to other vocabulary (i.e. Teacher says, "Nigeria, Country, Country" and the students all shake their hands because Nigeria is a country, but "Africa, Country, Country" and no one moves because Africa is not a country. When the students understand the game, advanced students can take the place of the teacher.) http://www.traditionalgames.in/home/indoor-games/kokku-para-para-kokku-para-para

• teacherji
  • Newgookin

• September 03, 2018, 02:09:33 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2019, 01:27:12 pm »
combined a few ppts here to better suit my afterschool class
also added in a decoder aspect using wingdings font to add a bit of engagement

and i included my supplementary materials which are the stamps i will paste into the kids passport books and the color by numbers pictures i went with.

« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2019, 12:31:08 pm »
Thank you!  ;D