Read 40591 times

• elle*
  • Veteran

• April 12, 2011, 10:17:18 am
    • Nonsan Korea
How do you like Gmarket?
« on: June 08, 2011, 06:30:50 pm »
And also what items have you bought which you were unhappy with.

In my personal experience:

I bought a bikini..they didnt give any sizes but I was really desparate...The bottom part was too small and the top was too big.
I bought oats, wella flat iron spray and a beach hat and was very happy with what I got.

• gookie
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2010, 12:03:12 pm
    • Daegu
i've bought a 700,000won camera, a sofa bed, and some clothing. I'm generally quite happy with what I buy but if there is a few clothing items that were a little less satisfactory. The general rule of "what you pay is what you get" certainly applies for G-market. Just make sure you take a look at the bar charts at the bottom of every seller. This gives you a good idea of the quality of the goods. Just yesterday, I ordered Yonex badminton rackets for 40,000, 8 Sanyo Eneloops AA batteries (5,800won for 4), a bag and shorts. i haven't received them yet so I can't comment on them. Although I've had bad experiences of buying pants online, I'll see how the shorts turn out.

• mavsfan5
  • Adventurer

• March 07, 2011, 07:32:38 am
    • Tongyeong, South Korea
I bought a small rice cooker for ~20,000, an oven (over-sized toaster oven) for ~80,000, and a shelf for both of the before mentioned items for ~20,000. I love all of them! They arrived just 2 days after ordering and they were just what I wanted!

I was just browsing for a new camera but unfortunately, they didn't have quite exactly what I wanted. But they did have lots of 'service' items that made me really want to buy their products!

I love GMarket and always look there when I am thinking about buying something!

• ThulsaDoom
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• December 08, 2009, 09:03:06 pm
    • Busan
Books
Printer
Food (Thai curry, Indian curry, and other spice mixes)
Computer parts
Headphones
MP3 Player

I love Gmarket.  I've never had a problem with anything except for one time I didn't realize I ordered a product that shipped from the States.  I am a genius.

• kiwigirl
  • Veteran

• May 22, 2011, 02:16:38 am
    • Ilsan, South Korea
I love Gmarket - have bought a few things from there so far and have been happy with most of it.  The services is usually pretty good and sometimes you even get it the next day.

I've bought a floor chair, coffee table, and mirror which were all nice came really quick and were packaged well so no damage.

I bought a spring jacket but its a bit too big - its not as nice as it looked in the pictures but I know that its hard to tell with clothes so had prepared myself for the worst.  It was 70,000 so hopfully I get around to wearing it at some stage.

I've bought some little kitchen and home stuff from Ikea on Gmarket just things like towels and coasters. 

Last week I got one of those office organizers a plastic case with drawers to put your papers in.  Its a really nice bright color which all of my stuff is.  I had taken it out of the box but just put it on a shelf as I had not got around to using it yet and noticed before work today that the top corner is a bit smashed  - that sucks as I have already posted my comments and did not see it in time to mention.  I might look at sending it back as its nice but the damage is right at the front where you can see it.  Not sure how I missed it when I unpacked it.

I will probably buy a microwave and rice cooker off there in the next few months.  I have been checking them out to see which ones are good.

• brxkim01
  • Newgookin

• December 22, 2010, 10:31:59 am
    • South Korea
I bought some clothes and CDs and was very happy.

I bought a sewing machine, some oatmeal and a few books. 
No problems there, but the sewing machine turned out to be shipped from America, so I had to go back on G-market and order an adaptor so I can use it here, which is taking ages to arrive.

• oskinny1
  • Expert Waygook

• November 01, 2010, 10:31:37 am
    • Busan
I buy my chicken breasts on there. Amazing.

• no1really
  • Adventurer

• September 14, 2010, 02:37:15 pm
    • Korea
I buy my chicken breasts on there. Amazing.
How do they stay cold?

I bought a trampoline (arrived moldy and needed washed), and a george foreman grill (first, they sent a space heater). Was happy with both items despite a few errors.

• Borababe1
  • Waygookin

• April 01, 2011, 11:13:34 am
    • Bora-dong, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si
a simulated leather couch w/ottoman...awesome and a steal for the price!

• dizzl
  • Veteran

• September 14, 2010, 01:20:32 am
    • Jeju
I know this is not strictly related, but how do you get them to accept a UK credit card? I don't want to have my co-teacher pay each time I want to buy something... am I missing a secret button or anything?
Though to be fair that may result in me spending far more than I should  :P

• young0706
  • Explorer

• April 07, 2010, 12:36:06 pm
    • Kyungnam, Korea
 I have never bought a satisfying items on G-market. All the time I tried to buy things but when I got those things I got a refund. It is totally different from my expectation.

I use G-Market for everything I want to buy that's either too heavy, too expensive, or not available to get from local stores. I've spent thousands of dollars there on everything from flats of Canada Dry ginger ale to a ton of spare bobbins for a sewing machine to a high-end laptop. The "worst" experience I've had was when some cat litter took about a week to arrive (it usually comes in a day or two). Of course, I haven't had to deal with trying to return any items yet, either, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I just use bank transfers to pay for my purchases. (I have online banking with KEB, so transferring the funds is as easy as opening up another browser window.)

I know this is not strictly related, but how do you get them to accept a UK credit card? I don't want to have my co-teacher pay each time I want to buy something... am I missing a secret button or anything?

I had the same problem with my Visa, but you can generate an online bank account through the gmarket account management page for just about any bank in Korea. All you have to do is order and then visit an ATM and wire the money.

I've ordered a sofa bed, crib, and free weights. I'm happy with it all and I got everything the day after I paid for it.
If you teach a class that has all special needs kids with only the physical ability to move their hands up and down, then you'll be fired because they all gave you checks instead of circles.

• taegurax
  • Waygookin

• February 24, 2011, 10:04:06 pm
    • taegu, south korea
I bought a camera not to long ago. It came in 3 days, works great and I haven't had any problems with it. Once you figure out all the navigational issues it's not a problem. The only thing I can't deal with are the flashing pictures. What's that ABOUT?

ceramic space heater
computer parts
blenders

one of the blenders i ordered came wihtout some very important parts, had to get a co-worker to call and ask for them to ship the parts, which they did within a few days.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good toaster oven brand on G-Market? I'm thinking about investing in one, but I want to make sure it's a decent quality piece of machinery.

• tyl6r
  • Adventurer

• March 04, 2011, 09:34:53 am
    • Daegu
i bought a super cheap guitar (~80k) just so i could have something to twang on.  it's nothing special, but it works.  it came the next day (!) and had all sorts of extras that came along with it.  i found the whole payment system really confusing, so did my coteacher.  she just ended up paying for me on her credit card and i gave her the cash.  all in all, very pleased

• QTEE
  • Adventurer

• September 06, 2010, 12:07:01 pm
    • yongin
I bought a convection oven and shelves recently
but I too have ordered heaps through gmarket
my latest purchase was 120 litre plastic storage boxes with wheels (only because I am having to shift for another job and they will be better than using cardboard boxes)
2 for the price of one (I bought 3) for 108,000 won should have been 200,000 won
great bargain but alas one has a wheel missing and has been used but no big deal
I have also purchased prizes etc for winter and summer camps for the kids

You are missing a "secret" button. There is an option to pay witha  "Foreign Card." It will direct to the secure payment, but make sure your pop-up blocker allows pop-up windows from that site (just allow it), or you won't be able to finalize the transaction.

I've purchased almost my entire camping kit (for two) on G-Market + has only come to ~100,000won. You can't even geta  decent tent anywhere for that price, let alone everything else on top of that!