Read 31335 times

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
1. Lotte World is the biggest indoor amusement park in the world.

2. Everland has the world's steepest WOODEN roller coaster. Beside Everland is Carribean Bay, a water park.

3. DMZ.

4. Booking night club.

5. Paragliding - not unique, but relatively cheap ($100). I went to the one in Yang pyung (양평).

6. Somebody mentioned the Penis Park; there's also a Sex Park in Jeju-do.

7. Obstacle/zip-lining course in Daegu (Herb Hillz). Again, not really unique, but relatively cheap (paid around $20--I suggest you go on a weekday if possible).

8. Nanta and/or Jump. Popular non-verbal plays among foreigners.

9. Watch a 4D Movie.

10. Scuba dive with sharks in Busan.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:09:59 pm by Davey »
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

Stay in a traditional earth house with wood-fired ondols. Definitely a unique experience.

Go urban exploring in a neighborhood slated for destruction. Haunting and kind of sad. (feign ignorance if caught by security).

Get the hell out of Seoul and into the country for a few nights' stay.

Go to either Jeonju or Busan Int'l Film Festivals.

• anichion
  • Veteran

• March 12, 2010, 10:29:38 am
    • Naju
your bucket list should include things that you can't/aren't likely to do/see anywhere else in the world.
So, you could...
  • Dance with the cheerleaders at the baseball game.
  • Find one of the many yet difficult to locate "Hitler Bars" http://brycesharpers.blogspot.com/2010/11/hitler-themed-bars-and-restaurants-in.html
  • Go to Dongmyo flea market in Seoul and try to buy leather jackets for 3 dollars and pants for 5 dollars and Sega Genesis for 50.
  • Go salt fishing on the West sea coastline. I swear it will be one of the strangest fishing experiences you'll ever have.

• wgensel
  • Adventurer

• June 24, 2011, 07:38:21 am
    • Gumi, South Korea
Go to mudfest, but go on a weekday to avoid all the crowds.  Lines are non-existent and it's really nice.
Try to sample all the different soju's from each province and rank them.
Watch the sunrise on the east coast and set on the west coast in the same day.
Go to a valley (place where koreans go to swim) and have a cookout.

• annekat
  • Veteran

• April 26, 2011, 07:56:08 am
    • Osan, Gyeonggi-do
go to emart and buy all the different types of medicinal/herbal alcohol they have (in little 990won bottles) and test taste them. (i tried the ginseng one, very strong flavour)

get some cheap fireworks and have your own show along the Han river.

go to a makoli bar and eat kimchi pancakes and homemade makoli with old men.
__You can't make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt__
and who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time???

• cooljuny
  • Explorer

• May 21, 2011, 11:36:03 am
    • South Korea
Find a Korean Friend whose relatives live in countrysides.
Ask him to take you to the Korean traditional Ceramony for Special days
like Choseok, or New year's day.
It'll provide you a lot of fun.

• JABU NXAU
  • Veteran

• June 03, 2011, 06:20:35 pm
    • KOREA
    more
go to a jimjilbang- korean bath house!
do your best always!

• annalim7
  • Explorer

• March 13, 2011, 01:49:59 pm
    • Korea
A temple stay would be a very unique experience in Korea. You can find info on the net.

• andydee01
  • Explorer

• September 28, 2010, 01:55:00 pm
    • Korea
Catch salmon with your bare hands?

• bollemakiesie
  • Waygookin

• December 17, 2010, 12:14:52 pm
    • INCHEON, GANSEOGOGEORI
Bucket list
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 01:55:53 pm »
Leaving in 2months and want to make sure I covered all the amazing places in Korea. Any thoughts on what to put on my bucketlist... Food, travel, activities?

• amc45
  • Waygookin

• November 16, 2011, 01:38:23 am
    • Oxford, England
Re: Must Do Things in Korea
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 12:56:51 am »
Hopeful to be arriving in Korea in the new year and it's great to read all the things there are to do, even if some of them are a definite no-no!

• lasoro70
  • Veteran

• November 24, 2010, 12:14:01 pm
    • Western USA
Re: Bucket list
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:49 am »
Leaving in 2months and want to make sure I covered all the amazing places in Korea. Any thoughts on what to put on my bucketlist... Food, travel, activities?

After two years in Korea, I will also be leaving in two months. I've been slowly, but surely crossing off many things off my personal bucket list. Here are three of the more interesting things that I've recently been able to do.

Take a day tour of Gyeongju. This was a "must do" on my bucket list and I'm happy that I was able to finally go a few weekends ago. With the help of a Korean friend, I was able to book one on KTXtours.com from Seoul for only about 85,000 won.
http://www.raskb.com/node/202

Walk the entire 5km perimeter of the Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon. I just did this last weekend with an Australian friend and we agreed that it was one of the best things we've seen in Korea:
http://discoveringkorea.com/2009/01/19/hwaseong-fortress/

Walk along one of the Olle Trails on Jeju Island. I walked along trail 6 on the southern part of the island:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelblogs/732/88402/Hiking+in+Korea%3A+Jeju+Olle+Trail?destId=357351

The last thing on my bucket list is to visit "Lands End" (땅끝) on the far southern tip of Korea. I hope to make it down there in the next month or so. A friend is willing to drive me down there since his hometown is in the vicinity.

I've had a great 2 years in Korea. I've visited around 15 different cities and all the provinces except Jeollanam-do.

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 02:05:42 pm »

Go to either Jeonju or Busan Int'l Film Festivals.

Yes!  They both have very great vibes and both cities great for food (seafood in Busan and jeonju bibimbap and heuok dwaedgi moksal.)

• ainihoi
  • Explorer

• November 28, 2011, 10:57:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 11:30:28 am »
I recommend you to visit Busan, which is the 2nd biggest city in Korea.
There are lots of food to eat and places to visit there.
It is famous for seafood there.  :D

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2011, 11:43:35 am »
Seokguram Grotto near Gyeongju is very popular and was one of my favorite sites in Korea. 

Hiking can be good, too (though getting chilly this time of year).  Go early in the morning; be on the mountain at 7am to avoid the crowds.  Even Bukhansan, the most visited national park in Korea, is very quiet and serene early in the morning.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• skjosh
  • Adventurer

• January 19, 2012, 02:24:08 pm
    • usa
The top 10 Must sees in South Korea
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2012, 05:18:00 am »
Hello guys! I am wondering what are the top ten places to visit in Korea based on your guy's experience. I kind of want to make a list and plan out some outings. I know I can google this question pretty easily, but I'd rather hear from people first hand :) So, what have been your favorite experiences?