Read 1545 times

• Bump
  • Veteran

• April 26, 2011, 12:07:27 pm
    • Seoul
So ive been on an overnight field trip and surprisingly have done mostly nothing but sit in my room and watch movies. My students have been taken care of by the resort staff so the teachers have basically been relegated to sitting around.  It's the second day and we are leaving later today but I am just wondering if this is odd for an overnight field trip...

• gookie
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2010, 12:03:12 pm
    • Daegu
Re: Is it unusual to not do anything on overnight field trips?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:05:36 am »
The activities were meant for the students and not the teachers so I think its perfectly normal. Maybe you can supervise the students but thats pretty much it. But I guess you are lucky enough that they let you tag along.

• DWeber
  • Explorer

• March 11, 2011, 03:23:03 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:09:25 am »
When I went on my class trip we had drinking time with the teachers at ten every night. We drank maekju, soju and somaek and had an assortment of things to eat.

• mlcarn
  • Adventurer

• September 15, 2010, 03:06:06 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:49:10 am »
I went on an overnight field trip with two other teachers in my school and one homeroom class, and myself and the other teachers just sat in a pension room watching TV while the students' mothers did all the work. Their mothers even made us dinner and insisted we drink some beer. Very strange! I kept thinking "This would never happen in the US."

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:56:59 am »
Hot hot were the moms?