Read 259117 times

• gj148
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Re: Story PPT s
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2018, 03:35:34 pm »
Credit to the owner of the original creator of the "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" story ppt. I have edited it so that it now includes some Korean translations as to what the mouse is saying. For example, if in the story it says that the mouse wanted a straw, the korean bubble says "Give me a straw!". The translations were found and modified from an online blog that posted the Korean version of this book. Wouldn't hurt to double check them though with your korean coteacher since I'm not fluent! I'm also including my intro ppt and the worksheet I used. I had the students cut out the squares and paste them onto the worksheet as we read the story. I have no Korean ct for this after school club and the students actually understood the storyline :D 

*Sequence worksheet idea was found online and modified to fit my students' needs.*

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Nt_DKjTKu8PWi-aGbjqGYI6j-v6OBhX
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:21:29 pm by gj148 »

Where's the green sheep
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2018, 02:54:31 pm »
I reworked a lesson that was already uploaded hopefully someone will like this.

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2018, 11:07:25 am »
good

« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:22 am »
I want see PPT BUT can't open.
please help me!!

• gj148
  • Veteran

« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2018, 03:12:35 pm »
I took The Mixed-up Chameleon PPT off from here (so credit to that original creator). I added some Korean translations that one of my Korean CTs helped me write as well as an introduction to some vocabulary words and the answers to the  worksheets that I decided to do with this book. As we read the book, I had them do two things: the Chameleon's wish list worksheet and building the Chameleon together. I found a pdf online (credit to the creator) that had the different parts of the chameleon so I printed page 3 on regular paper and pages 4 and 5 on special sticker paper. After cutting out the shapes, I assigned every student an animal (my class is small...if you have a bigger class you can probably have multiple students work on one animal). As the animals came out in the story, I had students come up and put the sticker on the chameleon. They had a good laugh with this as it got more and more body parts. Lastly, I did a reading game with the pop up pirate game (got it off gmarket for roughly $4-5). I put them into teams and had them take turns reading one rectangle. I then revealed how many swords were behind each rectangle. If there was one sword, their team had to put in 1 sword into the barrel. If there were two, they put in two, etc. This worked well with my 10 student class, but it may not work as well with a bigger class.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fA3G3jfrbNHSs1UGzztyfKsRJYPLZRNR
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:14:21 pm by gj148 »

« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2018, 08:38:21 am »
i want to see PPT.
i can't see

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2018, 10:26:57 am »
i want to see PPT.
i can't see
Did you pay for a subscription? That will allow you to access the materials.

• gj148
  • Veteran

« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2018, 03:24:45 pm »
2 More Story PPTS plus activities

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly

- story ppt with vocab and intro

- worksheet - second page I cut out the animals and gave one to each student. Then I made an "old lady puppet" out of a ziploc bag (refer to this picture on page 3). As we read the story students placed the animals int he bag to keep track of what she ate. If you have more than 6 or 7, I'd suggest having teams make their own puppets each to put the animals in.

- kakao bomb game testing events in story and vocab (credit to the kakao game template creator)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HjADK9N3B8kz7OLhAAM7i8scP4ol8L3Y

My Dad

- story ppt with translations (wouldn't hurt to double check my korean!) Note:My ct and I couldn't find an appropriate translation for daft so we kept it as "pabo". Credit to the original creator of the "My Dad" story ppt. I only added translations, vocab, and my worksheets.

- Worksheet (made from clipart online. Link to the clipart site is on first slide. Really helpful with making other activities for this book too!).

- Ajumma Attack Reading game (credit to the creator of the original game template).

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1R20nL1nhPbj-fQmlxG2Wkhly7pN8UD8s

• Alec777
  • Newgookin

• June 02, 2014, 11:05:21 am
    • South Korea
Re: Hansel and Gretel for role play - ppt story and script
« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2018, 05:25:34 pm »
Hi

I'm having trouble with the uploader so I'm sorry if this has already appeared!

The ppt is the story, and the open office doc is the script. I'm waiting for my co-teacher to translate it for the kids, but I'll be waiting a long time so if you have co-teachers who are less busy perhaps you can use this for a few after school lessons or something.

Enjoy!

« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:07 am »
Key expression is: "I like to".
I found a ton of small books with simple terms in them. I'm going to be using these for after-school for 3rd and 4th. I'm not sure if the Korean is correct. Most likely it isn't, I haven't had a chance to ask a co-teacher to check it for me. The ppt has the storybook and a a break down of the terms in it as well as a worksheet, some card templates, a dice cutout and a very simple board game layout.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2018, 02:15:05 pm »
Walking through the jungle.  Just scanned and put together.  You may have to fix the ppt.  (Please add activities if you can think of any.)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:06:10 pm by hangook77 »

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #291 on: December 13, 2018, 02:05:01 pm »
Better video and some activities my co teacher just found on the teacher's website.

« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:05 am »
Quick as a Cricket

Learning comparatives: I'm as _______ as a __________.
Learning opposites.
Learning animal names.

*Story PPT
*Worksheet
*Audio PPT
*Rap Beat: I like to rap this book with my kids
*PPT Quiz
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:37:42 pm by HopscothEarth »
*Some original material and some borrowed. Thank you to the original creators!

« Reply #293 on: April 02, 2019, 01:53:09 pm »
Let's Go For a Drive PPT and Vocabulary

Low level-to medium level learners

Key Expressions:
Get...
Do you have....
I have...
We need...

« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2019, 01:32:06 pm »
The Gruffalo Story Book

The Gruffalo is a story about a mouse who outsmarts all his predators on a stroll through the woods. Fake it till you make it.  ;D

The role play for this book is quite high level. All the students enjoyed the challenge and had fun with the acting, but my 5th grade struggled with it. I would skip the role play if your students are low level.

5th-6th Grade: Higher Level

I spent 4 class periods on this book.

-First Period: review the past tense with the worksheet, learn the new book vocab, read the book to the students

-Second Period: Read the book with the students, story order worksheet and body parts with the word search and crossword

Third Period: Role Play. The students have half the class to practice their roles. Half the class did part 1 and the other did part 2. Part 1 is more difficult than part 2. The mouse and narrator needs to be high level students.

Fourth Period: Watch the Gruffalo film approx 25 mins. (You'll have to download it) and do the rhyme worksheet.

• gj148
  • Veteran

« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:25 am »
Dark Dark Tale Materials

I got the PPT off the web and just added the vocabulary slides, worksheets, and text boxes. Folder includes:

- Story PPT with Vocab
- Worksheet (Vocab Match, Korean Translation [double check these if you can], Sequencing Activity)
- Ice Cream Reading Game (It's a cross between bomb reading and Baskin Robbins)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R0NTigsmrX9ZLh6mAP9NlHqbu20BBC5a

« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2019, 06:25:55 am »
The Very Hungry Caterpillar ppt is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!  ;D

« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2019, 12:53:50 pm »
Mortimer
introduction, hidden picture game and crossword puzzle (Korean translations from Papago). You can find read along videos on YouTube if needed.

« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2019, 03:25:02 pm »
My Crayons Talk