Read 4087 times

Dramacrazy blocked?!
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »
Ok Folks, this one is for the K-drama watchers out there: since last night Dramacrazy.net has been down. To be more precise, I get the message 504 Gateway Time-out nginx.

Doesn't this normally refer to website that are blocked? Is the Korean government blocking a fansubbing link site? Seriously?!

I'll be so sad if that's the case. I love my kdrama! And Dramacrazy is better than the other sites out there... :(

• jaspar
  • Veteran

• March 04, 2011, 08:33:43 pm
    • Gumi, South Korea
Re: Dramacrazy blocked?!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:05:07 pm »
I don't know anything about this site, but normally government blockage is totally obvious. You'll get a scary warming page in Korean. Not a gateway timeout.

Anyway, I went ahead and searched the twitters for you and it looks like the site is down everywhere. Probably technical problems.

• jaspar
  • Veteran

• March 04, 2011, 08:33:43 pm
    • Gumi, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08:47 pm »
In case you're curious, you can see what the warning message looks like at http://warning.or.kr/

• notinKS
  • Super Waygook

• November 29, 2010, 02:59:38 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32:00 pm »
Weird, mine's working fine.

• weirdgirlinkorea
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:07 am »
Ok Folks, this one is for the K-drama watchers out there: since last night Dramacrazy.net has been down. To be more precise, I get the message 504 Gateway Time-out nginx.

Doesn't this normally refer to website that are blocked? Is the Korean government blocking a fansubbing link site? Seriously?!

I'll be so sad if that's the case. I love my kdrama! And Dramacrazy is better than the other sites out there... :(

no problem here.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• infogoddess
  • Featured Contributor

• March 03, 2010, 10:18:59 am
    • Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:47:39 am »
try clearing your cache and rebooting - sometimes that does the trick
"The Bhagavad Gita - that ancient Indian Yogic text - says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection. So now I have started living my own life." Elizabeth Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:33 am »
Oh my gosh!!  I am SOOO happy this was not just me... actually I was convinced that the world was out to punish me for my new Kdrama addiction! 

Maybe you can understand this... I just recently started watching Secret Garden (I know I am a bit late) and have been completely antisocial and loving every second of it.  Some nights I just couldn't go to sleep thinking about it!  Then Tuesday night, I got on and attempted to watch episode 20 (THE LAST EPISODE!) and it wouldn't work.  I was convinced the website purposely never had the last episode and just had it listed there to tease me.  I have tried numerous times a day, since Tuesday with no positive outcome. 

Needless to say, I am glad it is not just me, and it is not just that episode.  All my questions will be answered (hopefully) soon! 

• rowdes
  • Veteran

• June 23, 2010, 02:37:28 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 07:59:42 am »
you could always watch them on mysoju.com if you're having problems with dramacrazy :)

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 08:03:13 am »
use this website next time~~~

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ;D

use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• notinKS
  • Super Waygook

• November 29, 2010, 02:59:38 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:14:45 am »
A LOT of dramas with subtitles can be downloaded from YouTube. Use www.keepvid.com and watch them on the subway or on your computer. That's how I was able to watch pretty much all of Secret Garden. It takes a bit of work, but goes so much faster when you're actually watching it.