• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
Baby-making Strike!
« on: August 26, 2022, 06:49:23 am »
Looks like the macho, self-entitled Korean male will soon become
extinct. No loss there. I think this country will have to open the doors
wider to immigration. (My god! The bloodline!) In the long run this will
be a good thing. More babies, less racism and restaurants that are
not 90% haejangguk! Get some Mexicans over here, Tacos!

As one woman put it to me: "we are on a baby-making strike".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62670717

There are laws designed to prevent women being discriminated against
for getting pregnant, or for just being of an age where that's a possibility
- but in practice, unions say, they're not enforced.

When I put it to her that if she and her contemporaries don't have children her
country's culture will die, she tells me that it's time for the male-dominated
culture to go.
[/color]

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-45201725
Blocked: JonVoightCar

Re: Baby-making Strike!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 10:11:56 am »

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 11:06:04 am »
If there's one thing this post screams, its not racist, nor self-entitled.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:11:28 am by JonVoightCar »

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 12:09:37 pm »
If there's one thing this post screams, its not racist, nor self-entitled.

What else do you expect from the boards biggest sexpat #campsex

• D.L.Orean
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 12:54:12 pm »
What else do you expect from the boards biggest sexpat #campsex

Only interested if the chicks are waaaaaay haaaaaawt

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 12:55:40 pm »
Still in utter awe at the lack of self-awareness in this...
Get some Mexicans over here, Tacos!

• Bakeacake
  • Expert Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 01:34:17 pm »
lol (this is going to make some people mad, but it's relevant here):

https://www.boredpanda.com/number-of-lonely-single-men-rise-psychologist-greg-matos/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

that site requires you to turn off adblocker.  can't forgive a site that forces that.  any way you can copy and paste the text of the article?

• D.L.Orean
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 01:39:49 pm »
that site requires you to turn off adblocker.  can't forgive a site that forces that.  any way you can copy and paste the text of the article?

If we could peek into American homes right now, it wouldn’t take long for us to find someone who lives alone. And according to a recent article on Psychology Today, there’s a high chance that someone is a heterosexual male. As a couple and family psychologist Greg Matos explained in the column, the number of “lonely, single men” is on the rise due to women having higher standards.

In fact, the modern dating arena has left younger and middle-aged men more likely than women to be unpartnered, which wasn’t the case 30 years ago. And things may get worse. Matos addressed three trends that contribute to this difficulty to find a partner: the rising use of dating apps, increased dating standards, and men lacking key relationship skills. In short, some men need to find a way to step up, or they will continue gliding through their lives being single.

The article quickly sparked discussions online and caused a stir across social media channels. Some internet users applauded Matos’ findings and found them validating, while others jumped at the opportunity to share their outrage. Scroll down to read the article in full, as well as how people online reacted, and be sure to share your thoughts on the matter in the comments section below.

American psychologist Greg Matos recently wrote an article stating heterosexual men are lonelier than ever as they struggle to meet healthier relationship expectations.

Women weren’t as surprised as men by Matos’ findings. Many reacted by saying the article was validating what they have been expressing about the dating scene for years. After all, there’s a running trend that shows women would rather stay single than waste time on people who don’t deserve it. And it’s hardly surprising, especially considering research that has found that men tend to benefit more from heterosexual relationships than women. Married men tend to lead happier, healthier, and longer lives compared to bachelors. On the flip side, women are more likely to link the benefits of marriage to marital quality.

Recent studies also suggest that females can definitely live and even thrive without men. For example, unmarried and childfree women are the happiest subgroup in the UK. “We do have some good longitudinal data following the same people over time, but I am going to do a massive disservice to that academic science and just say: if you are a man, you should probably get married; if you are a woman, don’t bother,” Paul Dolan, a professor of behavioral science at the London School of Economics told the Independent.

So if men really want to make women’s time worthwhile, they need to address a “skills deficit” as women who are looking for partners to create a healthy relationship seek people who are “emotionally available, good communicators, and share similar values”, as Matos explained.

The chances for men to find a match are low to begin with (considering that they make up a majority of all dating app users). Since women are raising standards and sticking to their boundaries more than they did before, there are way fewer opportunities for men to secure romantic connections.

Matos pointed out that one reason for men’s relationship skills gap is because society fails to teach young boys the importance of communication. This has resulted in growing numbers of unintentionally single men, as “emotional connection is the lifeblood of healthy, long-term love”. So unless straight men start changing their approach to dating and women, the issue will only get worse.

It is in reference to this article:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-state-our-unions/202208/the-rise-lonely-single-men

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 01:42:16 pm by D.L.Orean »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 02:02:51 pm »
What A
that site requires you to turn off adblocker.

What ad blocker are you using? I’m on an iPhone with AdGuard (free version) and can see it fine (with no ads).

• Bakeacake
  • Expert Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 02:02:51 pm »

It is in reference to this article:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-state-our-unions/202208/the-rise-lonely-single-men

thanks!

thats an interesting take.
its hard to decide what the key points are. Married men live longer than single men. Thats for certain. But they keep mentioning lonely single men, and that married men tend to live happier lives.  I don't know if that would be mostly true or not. Theres a lot of different perspectives to take into account there. Im reminded of a dumb internet picture I saw once, which went something along the lines of... "A man asked a woman to marry him, she declined. The man went on to ride motorcycles, and play golf, and eat pizza, and listen to loud music, and travel and sleep in, ..."  blah blah blah   something like that.  Im sure theres two sides of this coin.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 02:05:55 pm »
^^^ The above, but the boredpanda site also gives screenshots and vids of others giving their takes.

It's all a big paraphrase about a global trend in general. But then you have countries like SK and Japan, and there's that big oof.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 02:11:51 pm by Chinguetti »

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 02:19:11 pm »
thanks!

thats an interesting take.
its hard to decide what the key points are. Married men live longer than single men. Thats for certain. But they keep mentioning lonely single men, and that married men tend to live happier lives.  I don't know if that would be mostly true or not. Theres a lot of different perspectives to take into account there. Im reminded of a dumb internet picture I saw once, which went something along the lines of... "A man asked a woman to marry him, she declined. The man went on to ride motorcycles, and play golf, and eat pizza, and listen to loud music, and travel and sleep in, ..."  blah blah blah   something like that.  Im sure theres two sides of this coin.

Key point was more men are remaining single, even when they don't want to be, because they don't have the emotional and social skills necessary to maintain a healthy relationship. Women have a lot more options now and aren't settling for men who don't put in the labor. Article goes on to say that the lack of relationship skills in men is society's fault because we continue to raise boys to ignore their own emotional developments and mental healths.

Most of everything else is meant to justify why people should or would care about all of the above.

Obviously there are exceptions, it does kind of describe groups as a matter of generality, but it was more remarking on the pattern or trend that we are seeing at increased quantity and frequency.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:03:34 am by Chinguetti »

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 02:48:25 pm »

Get some Mexicans over here, Tacos!

I don't see the problem with this.

Lots of immigrants often open restaurants featuring their
national cuisine:

-Chinese
-Indian
-Thai
-English

I don't get it. Extreme woke?

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 03:41:20 pm »
I don't see the problem with this.

Lots of immigrants often open restaurants featuring their
national cuisine:

-Chinese
-Indian
-Thai
-English

I don't get it. Extreme woke?
You call people out for being racist, then reduce immigrants to nothing more than "People who make ethnic food". Like, not Mexican engineers, nurses, doctors, teachers, accountants, etc.

None of that, just them opening restaurants and making tacos. Like, your brain when it thinks of Mexicans thinks of tacos. Not even people, a food. It shows what you think of them as people.

Then there's the part where you go after "self-entitled" as you bark out to "Get some Mexicans over here" so they can bring you tacos. Like the reason Mexican immigrants to Korea would exist would be to open restaurants for you to eat in. On top of the reason for Korea existing being to seemingly fulfill your desires. 

If you're going to call out other people for being self-entitled and racist, don't post stuff like that.

Also, that isn't extreme woke, that's basic human respect.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 03:43:23 pm by JonVoightCar »

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 04:18:57 pm »
let's not forget burritos and fajitas , after all.
But back on topic what about getting in some of those those grassy toed bared footers ah? They'll raise your fertility rates like buggery.

• Renma
  • Super Waygook

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 05:35:51 pm »
Raise the fertility rate via buggery? Will you be giving magical prostate massages out to all the local men you encounter?

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 06:33:17 pm »
Raise the fertility rate via buggery? Will you be giving magical prostate massages out to all the local men you encounter?

Not so much 'via' as 'like'. Nonetheless, your understanding of metaphor and antipodean vernacular is at issue here. 

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 07:35:21 pm »
Not so much 'via' as 'like'. Nonetheless, your understanding of metaphor and antipodean vernacular is at issue here. 

If you get too much into the buggery you'll be on prescription
for antipodean.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 08:37:37 pm »
I'll take your word for it.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 08:39:24 pm by Adel »

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2022, 03:15:25 pm »

As one woman put it to me: "we are on a baby-making strike".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62670717

There are laws designed to prevent women being discriminated against
for getting pregnant, or for just being of an age where that's a possibility
- but in practice, unions say, they're not enforced.

When I put it to her that if she and her contemporaries don't have children her
country's culture will die, she tells me that it's time for the male-dominated
culture to go.
[/color]

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-45201725

You've been here longer than me.  I've seen many Korean guys go from being macho dicks you wanted to smack to many being much softer and more feminine.   As for women, many things have changed from allowed pregnancy leaves, to being allowed to leave early for feeding times, to no longer seeing ajossis make sex jokes in the school or office.  An old western dude who was here in the epace core in the late 70s then married a Korean and worked in Ulsan for a few years in the 80s told me some pretty surprising things.  He came back in 2009 to work in a friend's hakwon when he was 60 or so  because he wanted to see his wife's hometown again.  (Of course with her.)  Anyways, he told me in the early 80's working for this company in Ulsan, they laid off women staff once they hit 28.  They no longer had business working and had to go get married and make babies.  That was their job and not to be working.  (Their attitudes, not mine.)  He said this one woman had to take care of a sick dying father and so the company reluctatnly let her stay a bit longer.  But once her dad died maybe she was 29, they fired her.  Told her to go get married and have babies for the nation.  Her job was to be a mother now.  If that don't stir up rage, I don't know what would. 

Changes have needed to happen in Korea.  Western femininism has gone too far.  But in Korea, not so yet.  Some changes are necessary.  Even in the 2000's decade, older Korean men thought it was their right to harass Korean women dating western men.  Apparently, they belonged to them and were their women and had no business betraying the Korean master race.  Their jobs as women were to produce babies for the nation and preserve Korea's pure bloodedness.  They were sexist and racist.  It made dating tough though not impossible.  (A couple of women I dated at the time said Korea was like a Muslim Country.  Meaning strict.  Nothing against moderate Islam here and many fine Muslims I have met.  But the women felt trapped and controlled in their own words to me then.)   Women could also get raped and either have it ignored by the police or the women had to hide it in order to get married as a virgin.  Though this last bit might have been 90's?  Anyways, lots has changed in the past decade.  Many things for the better and a few things for the worst. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.