Read 1941 times

Re: Smoke a joint, in debt? JAIL! Kill your kids, relax,no problem.
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2022, 10:02:11 am »
Hey man, if I lose my apartment in Korea can I come over and sleep in
front of your front door and use your stairs and elevator as a toilet? You
seem to think this behavior is OK.

You guys are the ones who spent the last 50 years arguing in favor of gutting any kind of social safety net to prevent homelessness, and now you want to round up the homeless with truncheons and make them disappear somehow. If you lose your house and have to beg for a porch to sleep on, it's your own fault.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2022, 10:50:00 am »
Not me.

Give a homeless person a dollar and a plot. Seriously, one buck and some dirt. And say it is THEIRS!

I swear they will be both stunned and transformed.
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2022, 01:47:51 am »
Not me.

Give a homeless person a dollar and a plot. Seriously, one buck and some dirt. And say it is THEIRS!

I swear they will be both stunned and transformed.
Is that a US dollar or a Canadian dollar?

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2022, 11:06:39 pm »
Who am i kidding: zoning laws would fine the use of tents as living quarters, plus property taxes, would see the land confiscated by the gov't. The homeless are f'd.

Idea #2: Faciliate jobs by subsidizing the difference between 33% of their wage and average rents for the area employed. There is only futility in the outrageous rents that take up 70% of millions of Americans pay.
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.