Read 126 times

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2022, 03:43:11 pm
    • A side street near Cheongju
Uploading photos
« on: August 04, 2022, 01:10:17 pm »
I had a look, but can't seem to find any info on how to upload a photo from my laptop to here. Would someone please help me out. I have no idea what to do, or how to do it...I'm totally useless with this kind of stuff.

Please remember, I'm a man of dubious character and unprofessional in every respect, so please explain it to me like I'm a wayward dunce  ;D

Appreciate your time.

Edit: I also promise not to spam this place with anything more than the occasional loaf of bread or pie  :undecided:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:18:29 pm by Rye »

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: Uploading photos
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 02:08:16 pm »
check the images below

1st hit preview button by clicking on it.

then add the file by dragging to the attach location

Wait till it uploads

then hit post

After that wait for criticism and trolling from all and sundry while having a lovely day!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:19:15 pm by Adel »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 02:13:17 pm »
Well, you have two choices.

The easy way is just to click on the "attachments and other options" button below the message body.  And then upload the photo desired.  That will show up as a thumbnail at the bottom of your post. (like Adel has done)

The other way requires that the photo/image in question already be hosted on the internet.  You have to capture and copy its URL.  Back in the post dialogue (you have to be in full reply (not the "quick reply" box), find the "Insert image" icon (directly below the B for bold).

This will insert open img/close image tags wherever you had your blinky cursor.  Now you have to paste the URL for the picture that you previously copied between the img tags.

Supposing the image you want to upload is not already online, just in your computer (like you're asking), you first need to upload it to say an image hosting service like flickr, imgur or photobucket (blecch!).  Then copy the URL of the image--it needs to end with .jpg, or .png or other image format extension.

If you don't already have a hosting service, you will need one before you can upload pics from your laptop into the body of a msg.  There are a number of free ones.

And that's it.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2022, 03:43:11 pm
    • A side street near Cheongju
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 02:50:15 pm »
Thanks to both of you. Your examples and explanations are simple and perfect for me to understand...I think I've got it. I'll have a go in the next day or two.
I'm currently preparing some chicken wings to nourish me at the end of 'Happy Hour (s)'... 5-8 pm today, so I'll be slightly glowy and unable to attempt it today  :P