Read 2180 times

Ice Hockey?
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:00:17 pm »
Does anyone know if there is any time of organized hockey in the province?  Is there any pick up or heck, even any road hockey!? Let me know.

• Samuel
  • Veteran

• September 27, 2006, 10:21:05 am
    • Mokpo
    more
Re: Ice Hockey?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:46:18 pm »
Never heard of someone playing pick up here. I think it must be impossible to get any ice time. Road hockey would be cool, if I had a stick...
Man erkennt einen Philosophen daran, daß er drei glänzenden und lauten Dingen aus dem Wege geht: dem Ruhme, den Fürsten und den Frauen - womit nicht gesagt ist, daß sie nicht zu ihm kämen.

Nietzsche

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:40:53 am »
Hey there,

I've hadn't heard of any ice hockey, possibly Seoul, if any.  Check out Seoul Scene website.  However, there is a ball hockey "league" or group in Busan.  I think they play every Sunday at 11am next to Sajek Stadium (Home of Busan's baseball team, the Lotte Giants).  As far as I know anyone can drop in and they even rent sticks across the street.  There may even be two games each Sunday, one on roller blades and one on foot.  Both Koreans and foreigners play.  Check out the website pusanweb.com and look under the sports link.  Goodluck and let me know how it goes if you make it there.

Cheers
Chris

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:40:33 pm »
There's a few of us in Mokpo who've talked about playing road hockey for quite a while.  We even have some goalie pads and a blocker made out of duct tape and cardboard.  Now it's just a matter of enough sticks and actually saying "We'll play on ___day"

Dunno if that helps you.  Good luck, lemme know if you hear of anything in or near in Mokpo.