• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2022, 03:43:11 pm
    • A side street near Cheongju

I think obviously ice cream is high in calories, but I don't see why
quality ice cream would be that bad for you. Natural ingredients
like milk, cream, sugar and flavours.

So, dig in laddie.

Yeah, it is the calories and so the potential for more weight, and then this leading to being type 2 diabetic. Geez, even my wife who's about 56 kg has been warned about it...type 2 that is. Never heard about it when growing up. Yet another new age disease.

But anyway, cheers SPQR. I'll up my intake. And when my SO gives me the evil, I'll just says "Hey, talk to SPQR about it,"  :smiley:

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
The Waygook discussion boards.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

Lol... :azn:

Good one Savant!

Nope, that's a pint. Same as Baskin Robbins...now about 9000 won (went up recently). And yes, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. If I could, I would..eat copius amounts of good ice cream.

Ah Ok, I just found out there's a difference between US and UK pints. All this time when Americans mentioned pints of ice cream I thought they were talking about 568 ml, which is a British one. So not as greedy as I'd thought.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
I think obviously ice cream is high in calories, but I don't see why
quality ice cream would be that bad for you. Natural ingredients
like milk, cream, sugar and flavours.

So, dig in laddie.

name of the poster who used to always go on about sugar slipped my mind, but anyways, there ya have it.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
name of the poster who used to always go on about sugar slipped my mind, but anyways, there ya have it.

Sugar is, literally, poison
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul

#basedcowboy, wasn't it?

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
ah, yes, basedcowboyshirt. i only got to experience his posts for a short time before he departed for wherever (maybe Big Sugar finally got to him)

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

Yeah sugar...it's a killer for real. I try to avoid it, but I'm a baker. I don't use it in bread and reduce it by up to 50% in cakes and cookies.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
I recall in uni reading about a ship of pirates (yes, in the Caribbean, this story published pre-1994, so nothing about the movies) that landed on a small island with only a ton (who knows how many tons) of sugar destined for America, and plenty of Carribean-distilled barrels of rum. After about a week of ONLY eating sugar and drinking rum, over half the crew had died. Science shows us that a water-only fast is survivable for over a month! (Now, maybe they had no water to drink, and heat stroke is dangerous; in any event, the white sugar and rum appear to have contributed to if not outright caused their deaths).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:09:37 am by VanIslander »
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.