Read 3419 times

Re: Have you ever been assaulted here?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2022, 01:06:06 pm »
This. Racism is ALIVE and WELL in Korea and cops are fantastically racist.
You know, if you're someone who has to limit themselves to 14 units, needs something to "take the edge off", and gets frustrated and angry over a simple internet sign-up procedure, the problem might be with your emotional control, impulsive behavior and anger management and perhaps isn't racism. I mean, that profile doesn't exactly scream "reliable narrator",

I mean, if this was true, we'd hear stories like "So my totally calm friend who doesn't drink was sitting in a coffee shop at 2PM, when some Koreans just attacked him out of the blue while he was working on his laptop. The cops came and blamed him for it and now he has to pay blood money. Similar to what happened to him last year when he was shopping in Shinsegae. And my other friends who were in a Kyobo book store."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:07:46 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2022, 01:19:54 pm »
The utility of learning multiple martial arts for one situation vs. other areas that could help you out throughout life is dubious at best. The good thing about BJJ/Judo/etc. is you can get a baseline of semi-decent competency and muscle memory and natural instinct reasonably quickly and easily. It also doesn't require you to be in top physical condition or a physical specimen to be able to use it to buy some time. Muay Thai requires a lot more and also requires good physical condition.

It would likely be much more useful to just play soccer and stay in shape and make friends than spend on Muay Thai if all you're looking for is a kick to the groin. This doesn't just apply to women, but people in general. The vast majority of people don't need to take anything except a basic grappling/self-defense class.

This is the same mentality as doomsday preppers. You're overfocusing on one extreme situation and solutions to that vs. much more likely situations and more efficient solutions.

I specifically meant more about Jiu Jitsu.  But some academies in Korea have both Jiu Jitsui and Muay Thai.  So, focus more on Jiu Jitsu but do a little bit of Muay Thai.  Obviously never use these for offence.  But you must get to a high level to get good with these.  Even then remember no rules on the street.  Avoid as much as possible but if no other way out, then use just enough to get away. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are losers who are blocked.  Good riddance to them. They will still be in Korea 10 years from now unless they are retired.  Either way, they will be poor since all they know how to do is troll rather than work for something more

• Augustiner
  • Expert Waygook

• December 06, 2021, 01:18:06 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2022, 01:47:00 pm »
It was near your house, actually. Just SW of the station near STATION NAME학교.

That's what happens when they pave over somewhere like the Baduk Park.  Those crazies get disbursed into the neighbourhood.  Although, if this happened a year ago it was still functioning then. It's the bad side of the tracks in that neck of the woods.  I know.  Most of my middle school students came from STATION NAME elementary school.

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2022, 02:27:29 pm »
That's what happens when they pave over somewhere like the Baduk Park.  Those crazies get disbursed into the neighbourhood.  Although, if this happened a year ago it was still functioning then. It's the bad side of the tracks in that neck of the woods.  I know.  Most of my middle school students came from STATION NAME elementary school.

Wrong side is right. hahaha That little square between the station and the nice apartments adjacent the market is such a throwback. No doubt it'll be gone in 20 years........

And yeah, just went on NaverMap Streetview!! What did they do to the baduk park?? What's going in there to replace it?

• Augustiner
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2022, 02:32:26 pm »
Wrong side is right. hahaha That little square between the station and the nice apartments adjacent the market is such a throwback. No doubt it'll be gone in 20 years........

And yeah, just went on NaverMap Streetview!! What did they do to the baduk park?? What's going in there to replace it?

Looks like a parking lot, but it won't make much difference. 

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2022, 01:50:46 am »
I'll f**k a guy. So what? I'll F**K EM ALL.

Oh, it's "other" btw. Or other's.

Let's see. In one day you've said
"hussle"
"10 hours a week AND 2 hours a day"
"others"

Ladies and Gentlemen, this man is teaching your child English. 
Maybe French is his first language. He is from Canada.

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Vancouver Island
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2022, 03:28:38 am »
Yes.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: Assaulted in 2021
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2022, 08:26:14 am »
In other news, I assaulted some air fried chips last night.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2022, 08:29:27 am »
I hope it was the "a salt and batter" kind.  :smiley:

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2022, 09:11:11 am »

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 09:27:56 am »

Just a bit of a touch up really but folks tend to exaggerate these days.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2022, 11:39:17 am »
It's definitely possible to stay cool.

Just today, I was driving along the south coast when I dipped into a small town to grab some kimbap. Taking a shortcut through a residential area, I came across two Korean men who looked to be in their 50s or 60s. They were smoking and spitting and making that "아씨" sound repeatedly. Suddenly, they started saying something about a foreigner neighbour, "waygookin" this and "waygookin" that. They didn't sound happy. They got increasingly animated until one of them decided to run a long gash down the side of a pristine-looking Korando with the metal part of his lighter. I wanted to go up and confront them or at least get a photo to turn over to the police, but I remembered seeing Van's comment when I woke up this morning and decided it was better not to get involved. I sure would be pissed if that were my car!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2022, 03:25:38 pm »
1.MODS are not on this site all the time.
2. PM one of the moderators if there is something needing moderating, for example,
calling an individual poster a peodophile on social media is unacceptable and a ban-worthy offense, especially if repeated to being harassment.
3. If you have a problem with moderating, state so via PM.
4. Try to stick to the topic and not derail a discussion. There is a Ramblings thread designed for whatever.
5. A lot of detailed topic-focussed discussion has been on this thread since yesterday. Keep it up.
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• Renma
  • Super Waygook

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2022, 03:30:01 pm »
5. A lot of detailed topic-focussed discussion has been on this thread since yesterday. Keep it up.

Thanks Ref  :rolleyes:

• Augustiner
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2022, 03:35:02 pm »
1.MODS are not on this site all the time.

They stuck you with the weekend, mornings, late night and afternoon shifts, eh? 

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2022, 04:13:25 pm »
It's thankless task. A bit of respect for the mods guys. Some of us ain't easy  to moderate.
No need to go all Karen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 04:16:01 pm by Adel »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2022, 09:14:37 am »
Dude, it's just shit talk on a forum designed to get a response from you. I very much doubt anyone took it seriously.  Surely you'd be aware of this wouldn't you?
Moderating and the deleting the comments with a warning should suffice.
That said, I can understand your sensitivity given your tendency to divulge so much private info about yourself. Perhaps that's an issue to consider more carefully for yourself moving forward when provoking guys like him.

This is called victim-blaming and is beneath you.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2022, 11:26:34 am »
This is called victim-blaming and is beneath you.
I'm sorry Mr C but didn't I also suggest the errant poster in question be moderated? That said, if one is intolerant of heat, one might avoid kitchens or at least be a little cautious when attempting to flambé.

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2022, 11:09:47 am »
Level 3 moderator wow. Does that mean you are 3 times stricter than BanIslander? 3 times more rambling perhaps? I'm excited you have returned with such insights for us!

Based on his/her/they/them/its response, I'm guessing three times more stoopid than Davey.

Or three times more of a cucky wucky than Taeyeon.

• Renma
  • Super Waygook

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2022, 11:50:58 am »
All these dead mods showing their faces recently. Did someone send out an email asking for help against the meany mosquitoes and muppets?