Read 4234 times

Re: Thanks to the Supreme Court
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2022, 12:42:34 pm »
Salon posted a couple of articles trying to normalize and create sympathy for pedophiles.  I don't think I need to consider anything those dirtbags have to say. 
Then switch out Salon for a different Left-wing source like HuffPo or AlterNet or DemocracyNow!

And I'm sure some lefty is looking at whatever right-wing sources YOU rely on, finding one awful article/author and using that as an excuse to not have their ideas challenged and just get the easy dopamine rush of having their views agreed with.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2022, 01:00:27 pm »
Then switch out Salon for a different Left-wing source like HuffPo or AlterNet or DemocracyNow!

And I'm sure some lefty is looking at whatever right-wing sources YOU rely on, finding one awful article/author and using that as an excuse to not have their ideas challenged and just get the easy dopamine rush of having their views agreed with.

I already know the BS they are spinning like the Russian collusion hoax, the fake Jan 6th outrage, etc.  Liz Cheney is done.  Her warmongering deep state RINO family can face the consequences. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2022, 01:10:51 pm »
There are always (at least) 2 sides to every conflict. If you read coverage from only 1 side, you're guaranteed to get only half the story. Any rational human being knows that you need to read from a wide variety of sources to get something even approaching an unbiased understanding of anything even remotely political.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2022, 01:17:52 pm »
There are always (at least) 2 sides to every conflict. If you read coverage from only 1 side, you're guaranteed to get only half the story. Any rational human being knows that you need to read from a wide variety of sources to get something even approaching an unbiased understanding of anything even remotely political.

One-sided coverage of political issues is not one of hangook's problems. If anything, he's too balanced. We need to know what he really thinks.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 01:19:38 pm by D.L.Orean »

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2022, 02:45:34 pm »
I already know the BS they are spinning like the Russian collusion hoax, the fake Jan 6th outrage, etc.
You know there are some on the left who also agree the Russia stuff is just Military-Industrial Complex BS and Jan 6 is being used as a Reichstag Fire or just establishment theater, just as there are those on the right who aren't cheering Roe or think some new gun laws are a good thing or that Trump is/isn't all that.

You might also see some stuff that might make you really wince about Trump on Jan. 6/Russia and acknowledge that even if he wasn't doing everything the left was claiming, he sure was being an idiot for doing some of the stuff he did knowing they were targeting him....

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2022, 09:30:43 pm »
In any case, of course you're right in that people shouldn't live in fear of mass shootings, as they're pretty rare (even in the States  :wink: ). But I guess humans are just wired to give precedence to more sensational dangers.

I mean, the most deadly animal in the world -- the one that kills more humans than any other by several orders of magnitude -- is also an animal that very few people ever think to be afraid of.  :undecided:

Heck, mosquitos apparently kill more people than people do!  :shocked:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/448169/deadliest-creatures-in-the-world-by-number-of-human-deaths/

I'm getting bitten to hell these days. How are mosquitoes getting in my house? There are so many nearby each time I leave or enter some can fly in. Noticed street drains nearby with mosquitoes coming out. Was thinking of catching small fish to put in the water. But could they survive the fall of being dumped in there, and could they survive in that dirty water? Saw this product; looks interesting: https://www.amazon.com/SUMMIT-BY-WHITE-MOUNTAIN-Mosquito/dp/B01LYCI7E3/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=3G9PVYCBH7CBO&keywords=mosquito+dunks&qid=1560356345&s=gateway&sprefix=mosquito+,aps,341&sr=8-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=thrivingyard-20&linkId=46f370d2e8952d5994d9f8a671575099&language=en_US Something like this in Korea?
覧覧覧覧覧-
It壇 be good if governments helped reduce mosquito populations. Let痴 petition for action on that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 08:42:22 am by L I »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2022, 01:48:14 am »
Check this out: https://bestlifeonline.com/avoid-mosquito-bites/

The US Chamber of Commerce, I mean Supreme Court has also just made it tougher to fight climate change. Hopefully, Santa leaves them some coal in their stockings, since they support it so strongly.

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2022, 09:48:04 am »
I'm getting bitten to hell these days. How are mosquitoes getting in my house? There are so many nearby each time I leave or enter some can fly in. Noticed street drains nearby with mosquitoes coming out. Was thinking of catching small fish to put in the water. But could they survive the fall of being dumped in there, and could they survive in that dirty water? Saw this product; looks interesting: https://www.amazon.com/SUMMIT-BY-WHITE-MOUNTAIN-Mosquito/dp/B01LYCI7E3/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=3G9PVYCBH7CBO&keywords=mosquito+dunks&qid=1560356345&s=gateway&sprefix=mosquito+,aps,341&sr=8-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=thrivingyard-20&linkId=46f370d2e8952d5994d9f8a671575099&language=en_US Something like this in Korea?
覧覧覧覧覧-
It壇 be good if governments helped reduce mosquito populations. Let痴 petition for action on that.

Govt is already planning to fumigate and block the sewers. But it's gonna take time to upgrade the manhole covers and such.

I suggest pouring drain cleaner down your drains and blocking them.

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2022, 01:07:03 am »
I'm not sure why some in the GOP are so focused on this issue. They can clearly beat the Dems on other issues (such as the lunacy of open borders and defunding the police) but abortion is not a winning issue for them.

The Supreme Court ruled that the federal government doesn't have the constitutional authority to interfere in the abortion issue. That goes both ways: They can't force the states to allow it and they can't ban it. But apparently Senator Lindsey Graham does not understand this or does not care.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2022, 10:11:26 pm »
I'm not sure why some in the GOP are so focused on this issue. They can clearly beat the Dems on other issues (such as the lunacy of open borders and defunding the police) but abortion is not a winning issue for them.

The Supreme Court ruled that the federal government doesn't have the constitutional authority to interfere in the abortion issue. That goes both ways: They can't force the states to allow it and they can't ban it. But apparently Senator Lindsey Graham does not understand this or does not care.
It's untrue that Democrats are defunding the police.

Republicans no longer run for anything. They run against because what unites their base is fear, greed and crocodile tears for the "unborn."

As for immigration, the governors of Texas and Florida seem to be doing the Venezuelan immigrants a great favor. One of those shipped to Washington, D.C. found a shelter to sleep in, quickly found a job and is already sending money back home to his son, whose life has been greatly improved. Win-win!

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2022, 08:17:15 am »
They run against because what unites their base is fear, greed and crocodile tears for the "unborn."

now that they nuked roe they cant really run on that anymore tho lol