Read 4235 times

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Thanks to the Supreme Court
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:10:00 am »
the US moves further back into its past, in this case the autocratic theocracy of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

One wonders how long minority rule in the US can last: "About 71% of Americans - including majorities of Democrats and Republicans - say decisions about terminating a pregnancy should be left to a woman and her doctor, rather than regulated by the government."

As for gun safety, I'll let the dead speak:

Hand guns are made for killin',
They ain't no good for nothin' else.
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself.
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here,
Wanna shoot either you or me.
It's the Saturday night special
Got a barrel that's blue and cold
Ain't good for nothin
But put a man six feet in a hole
It's the saturday night special
And I'd like to tell you what you could do with it too
And that's the end of the song

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
Re: Thanks to the Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 02:38:23 am »
Joe Biden痴 legacy!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 04:17:35 am »

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 06:56:08 am »
America is just a shit-show of a democracy. I wish the extreme Christian States would just secede already and call themselves the Republic of Jesustown.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 07:08:00 am by Savant »

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 07:30:01 am »
How so?

Give it up Biden won the election!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 07:37:09 am »
A thread about this topic already exists. Mods should merge it with the other one.

Joe Biden痴 legacy!

Probably the dumbest comment ever made on this site. A high bar to clear.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 08:47:24 am by makebudlightgreatagain »
Who let the dogs out?

- Mitt Romney

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 08:05:52 am »

Probably the dumbest comment ever made on this site. A high bar to cross.
How so?

Followed by this one. Obviously a Trump supporter with less than a rudimentary level of education. Being an idiot is what they think of as being clever and owning the Libs.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 08:55:23 am by Adel »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 08:34:29 am »
At least you got that right.

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 09:07:29 am »
America ain't that bad. It's got more of everything:

-more guns than people
-more covid deaths
-more expensive healthcare (except it's ranked 18th in the world)
-more homeless (and these are not bible belt states)
-more obesity
-more life expectancy (except for the 53 countries with more)
-more opioids

AND MORE FREEDOM!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 09:34:52 am »
America ain't that bad. It's got more of everything:

-more guns than people
-more covid deaths
-more expensive healthcare (except it's ranked 18th in the world)
-more homeless (and these are not bible belt states)
-more obesity
-more life expectancy (except for the 53 countries with more)
-more opioids

AND MORE FREEDOM!
And by freedom you mean more predatory pricing, more corporate bailouts by gov't, more fracking without environmental costs resulting in fines, more incarcerations than China (America is #1 in locking them up!), etc.

Still, millions would give their left nut to live in California, Hawaii, New York or several other places in the U.S. not named North Dakota.
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 11:00:51 am »
Brit:

more homeless

The truth:
--------------------------
Homeless per 10k
UK: 54.4
Australia: 49.1
South Africa: 36
USA: 17.6
Ireland: 16
New Zealand: 12
Canada: 10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homeless_population

"Hey everybody, the US sucks! So much homelessness there!"
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

For every one homeless person in the US there are forty four millionaires. The odds of being an American millionaire are much higher than the odds of being an American homeless person.

Have you ever heard on the news about the enormous number of American millionaires? Bet you haven't. Millions of millionaires. More than any other country. By far.

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 11:21:35 am »

Have you ever heard on the news about the enormous number of American millionaires? Bet you haven't. Millions of millionaires. More than any other country. By far.

Have you ever heard that there are more important things than money?

Probably not. Ears permanently closed and successfully brainwashed by corporations.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 11:36:12 am »
Brit:

The truth:
--------------------------
Homeless per 10k
UK: 54.4
Australia: 49.1
South Africa: 36
USA: 17.6
Ireland: 16
New Zealand: 12
Canada: 10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homeless_population

"Hey everybody, the US sucks! So much homelessness there!"
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

For every one homeless person in the US there are forty four millionaires. The odds of being an American millionaire are much higher than the odds of being an American homeless person.

I absolutely love this thread in two respects:

1. I am STAGGERED by the numbers of homeless in Australia and South Africa compared to America. (It's hard to be homeless in my home country Canada, outside the Vancouver area - purposely West Coast vague);

2. 44-to-1 American millionaires to homeless people? 44 rich people to every person who can't pay rent (f gas; rent is key). Something is seriously wrong with that picture.
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 11:40:56 am »
People on the streets in America aren稚 there because they can稚 afford rent. They池e there because they can稚 follow rules.

Free government housing has rules such as no selling meth and crack to other residents. No attacking other residents. Shelters have rules such as no alcohol. Some people say f these restrictions and leave. Or are kicked out.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 12:07:10 pm »
People on the streets in America aren稚 there because they can稚 afford rent. They池e there because they can稚 follow rules.
Wow.

If only the mother could clean more toilets to feed and house her young kids; if only that old guy could sell more marble flooring.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 12:18:58 pm »
It is astonishing to me that the SCOTUS has reversed Roe v Wade.

First, because it's just dumb. No one has the right to tell a woman what she can do with her body.

Second, because, how can the Supreme Court justices say a woman's right to an abortion is constitutionally protected and then 50 years later say oops, no it's not.

Where does the law come in? I really don't understand how something can be YES and then new judges say NO.

The USA is a complete shitshow. While Russia is murdering innocent civilians in an illegal war and openly threatening nuclear war, and China is making clear and obvious threats against Taiwan while celebrating the opening of a military base in Cambodia and quietly building one in Laos, all while claiming the entirety of the South China Sea as protected Chinese territorial waters, and a better than one-a -day mass murder thing going on within the lower 48 states, Americans are hyper focused on abortion and seemingly everything else but what is globally important.

If you are a 20 something person these days, you will live to see the USA supplanted as the world's sole super power.

Ni hao brothers and sisters. Here comes China. FYI, their new aircraft carrier is awesome.   

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 12:26:33 pm »
What is SCROTUM?

• Augustiner
  • Expert Waygook

• December 06, 2021, 01:18:06 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 12:36:39 pm »
I absolutely love this thread in two respects:

(It's hard to be homeless in my home country Canada, outside the Vancouver area - purposely West Coast vague);

I am almost speechless at the ignorance in that statement.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2022, 12:44:31 pm »
Wow.

If only the mother could clean more toilets to feed and house her young kids; if only that old guy could sell more marble flooring.

Americans on the street aren't mothers cleaning toilets to feed and house their kids. They aren't old guys selling marble flooring. They're drug addicts and/or insane people who've burned all bridges. Why don't they live with friends or family? Because they've stolen so much to support their drug habit, no one trusts them anymore. Why don't they live in a shelter, which takes in those down on their luck? If they're a danger to others living there, they'll be expelled for the benefit and safety of the other residents. There are tons of government and private programs in America to help those in need.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2022, 01:07:21 pm »
It is astonishing to me that the SCOTUS has reversed Roe v Wade.

First, because it's just dumb. No one has the right to tell a woman what she can do with her body.

Second, because, how can the Supreme Court justices say a woman's right to an abortion is constitutionally protected and then 50 years later say oops, no it's not.

Where does the law come in? I really don't understand how something can be YES and then new judges say NO.

Cause the conservative Justices on the Supreme Court believe that "moral code" trumps "precedent" and "settled" law.

Justices Kavanaugh and Barrett absolutely bullshitted their way through their confirmation hearings, knowing full well that they intended to overturn Roe vs Wade, when calling it a "precedent" and "settled".

The Supreme Court is a laughing joke and makes a mockery out of democracy and as an independent branch of government.

The Republicans, knew all too well, that stacking the court with extreme beliefs would lead to this day.