Read 944587 times

Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #3800 on: July 04, 2022, 12:59:19 pm »
locos bbq in the shinsegae department store in Busan
D.L. beat me to it.

There's a Locos BBQ in BBQ. There's also WhatThePork in Daejeon (never had it).

That being said, out of all of them- Linus/Manimal/Broiler's/The late Rusty's/Locos, Locos is well, not at the top of my list. It's not bad, but I'd rate some of the others above it.

Still it beats the alternative- Going to TGIF and ordering some ribs to go, then sitting at home with an America hat on and glumly waving a flag and feeling all depressed.

Alternatively you could just spend the day reading the Declaration of Independence to your British coworkers and friends, sneaking into their house to throw a bunch of tea in their sink, and blasting Toby Keith everywhere.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #3801 on: July 04, 2022, 01:01:52 pm »
D.L. beat me to it.

There's a Locos BBQ in BBQ. There's also WhatThePork in Daejeon (never had it).

That being said, out of all of them- Linus/Manimal/Broiler's/The late Rusty's/Locos, Locos is well, not at the top of my list. It's not bad, but I'd rate some of the others above it.

Still it beats the alternative- Going to TGIF and ordering some ribs to go, then sitting at home with an America hat on and glumly waving a flag and feeling all depressed.

Alternatively you could just spend the day reading the Declaration of Independence to your British coworkers and friends, sneaking into their house to throw a bunch of tea in their sink, and blasting Toby Keith everywhere.

Top of the list should be Sweet Oak in Wonju
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2022, 03:43:11 pm
    • A side street near Cheongju
« Reply #3802 on: July 18, 2022, 12:49:40 pm »
From next week, and for the following weeks until my vacation I, with a bit of ingenious planning and combining classes, have got my teaching hours down to a four day week (Monday to Thursday), with classes starting at 11.00 am and finishing at 3.00 pm, bar one day with a 9.30 start. Chill-out time to regain my lack of enthusiasm and depleted energy levels...hopefully!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #3803 on: July 19, 2022, 07:06:12 pm »
The pail! The frying pan! The fridge! (K, I have experienced the fridge, but it IS a skill; as is the fake hurt paw.) The hoodie! The cow nipple, sorry, but it is a Russian vid (different sensibilities; a natural farm situation).

https://youtu.be/eGuP03kvxGY
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 07:17:40 pm by VanIslander »
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #3804 on: July 22, 2022, 08:17:34 pm »
I have moved into vacation mode. For the next 4 weeks I'm on a four day schedule, so I spent this evening gazing at my tomatoes, corn and peppers. For those of you who know my system, I'm now 5 cans deep. We are on to part two now, which tonight involves posting a few thoughts about certain goings on, and then on to the hit parade.
My wife has a bus trip tomorrow, so after the impending hang-over is under control, about mid-day, I will bake a chocolate cream cake , some whole meal bread, and assemble a pizza. Then on to my favorite sport...rugby league, specifically the NRL.
What's up this weekend peeps?

Ah man! I'm so embarrassed...I made 2, yes 2 spelling mistakes. So sorry, so sorry, so sorry...won't happen again, I promise  ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 08:23:29 pm by Rye »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3805 on: July 24, 2022, 05:57:04 pm »
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3806 on: July 29, 2022, 07:53:05 pm »
Yanet Garcia's summer vacation popped up on my phone as i am on my vacay. It reminds me of when i first heard of her, funny enough:

https://youtu.be/ePG6zUYvUZg
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 07:55:06 pm by VanIslander »

« Reply #3807 on: July 30, 2022, 06:01:02 am »
Yanet Garcia's summer vacation popped up on my phone as i am on my vacay. It reminds me of when i first heard of her, funny enough:

https://youtu.be/ePG6zUYvUZg

Gee..I wonder how they acquired their jobs?

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3808 on: July 30, 2022, 09:43:28 am »
Is it Saturday or Sunday?

The best part of not knowing is asking the question and not needing to know the answer.

The joy of being on vacation.

I know exactly the time: It's time to jump into the ocean again!

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #3809 on: July 30, 2022, 09:53:38 am »
What beach are you at? I might come and visit you.  8)

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3810 on: July 30, 2022, 11:59:40 am »
What beach are you at? I might come and visit you.  8)
Myeongsashimni on Sinjido, bridged from just outside Wando. The beers are on me. Am the big guy with blue eyes and a yellow hat. You can't miss me.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #3811 on: July 30, 2022, 12:10:42 pm »
I tell you what, if I didn't have my granddaughter staying, and I was officially on vacation, I would jump in the car and be there in time for 5 o'clock beers on the beach. Cheers for the offer!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3812 on: July 30, 2022, 02:30:28 pm »
... if I didn't have my granddaughter staying,..
Dang! Spoil her rotten.

A grandparent's job is to be the hero not the police, the exception not the rule, the bright light not the background sky. Light her up! If her parents aren't annoyed, you ain't doing your job!

Go for ice cream. Get her a puppy. (Heck, put her in the car and head for the beach!)

Make her day.
Neither you nor her will regret it.

My fondest memory of my granny was when she ignored my dad's demand and took me to church bingo. I dabbed alongside her gleefully, aware that she owned the move. I was just a passenger enjoying the ride! We won twice. Dunno how much or if we had a net gain, but i got to shout "BINGO!" and as a 7 year old that was enough.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 02:40:35 pm by VanIslander »

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #3813 on: July 30, 2022, 03:04:10 pm »
For real. Being a grandad is great. I'm having a ball. If only knowing how to raise kids came with a young body and an older person's 'know how', life would be sweet for most of us. Effing hindsight is wonderful. It's nice to get a second chance and correct some of the parent mistakes, though.

I've just spent the past 3 hours in the pool playing games and having a 7 year old gremlin sitting on my back. I'm absolutely buggered. Grandma can do the evening duties...I'm going to my vege garden with my cold beer. Probably post some more Aussie sounds later on  :P ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 03:08:39 pm by Rye »

« Reply #3814 on: July 31, 2022, 12:35:18 am »
Myeongsashimni on Sinjido, bridged from just outside Wando. The beers are on me. Am the big guy with blue eyes and a yellow hat. You can't miss me.

I looked that up on Google Maps....are you camping out or did you book a room on the beach?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%EB%B0%94%EB%8B%A4%ED%8E%9C%EC%85%98/@34.3283392,126.7822961,9443m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sMyeongsashimni,++Sinjido!3m4!1s0x0:0x96d45620714ea756!8m2!3d34.3256556!4d126.8302016

I could certainly have a good time there....grilled flesh on a Korean grill, bottles of beer/soju/baek-se-ju....

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3815 on: July 31, 2022, 12:58:42 am »
Lol. Booking a room on the beach?

Uh. ... Nah. It ain't that corporate, yet
But it is waaay different than '03.

I'm at the west end, by the estuary.
There are only like seven or eight waygooks among the hundreds of locals: Gavin, Shelly and Emy (or Emily, didn't know if i nailed the intros). We're having a midday bbq tomorrow. All arwe invited. I'll be bringing a habanero hot sauce.

« Reply #3816 on: July 31, 2022, 01:00:54 am »
Lol. Booking a room on the beach?

Uh. ... Nah. It ain't that corporate, yet
But it is waaay different than '03.

I'm at the west end, by the estuary.
There are only like seven or eight waygooks among the hundreds of locals: Gavin, Shelly and Emy (or Emily, didn't know if i nailed the intros). We're having a midday bbq tomorrow. All arwe invited. I'll be bringing a habanero hot sauce.

Homemade?

I wish I could get there....damm...goo d times abound.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

more
« Reply #3817 on: July 31, 2022, 10:32:39 am »
Homemade?
Si, soy de Guadalajara.

Lol. Not. But it has Habaneros in it. My battery is almost dead. Am beaching it until tonight or tomorrow night or the morning therafter. Will return on the other side. Adios!

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #3818 on: August 07, 2022, 01:08:45 pm »
Good video, good discussion in the comments section:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Rule: Fat Acceptance | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfiWjnStE3w

Everybody should be allowed to occasionally let themselves go - but not all year round.