Read 3047 times

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Asian Americans STILL Under Attack
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2022, 06:56:53 am »
BTS just met with Biden to discuss hate crimes against Asian Americans. And on the same day three Black dudes beat the shite out of an Asian on the NYC subway. They claimed he had sexually molested a woman on the train, but if that were true they should have just held him for the transit police rather than using his face as a punching bag.

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2022, 10:18:00 am »
Yes, tricky one for Biden and co. How are they going to frame the issue of the prevalence of anti Asian hate crime in a way that makes white supremacists seem primarily responsible?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2022, 10:19:06 am »
Why would they try? Seems dishonest.

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2022, 10:22:22 am »
Well they're hardly going to have a go at the black population, are they?

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2022, 10:46:44 am »
What does Joe Biden have to do with any of this?
Who let the dogs out?

- Mitt Romney

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2022, 11:08:24 am »

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2022, 11:12:20 am »

Joe Biden, fourth from left.............

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2022, 11:34:07 am »
Ah, I see. Read further up the thread. Well, grimlock is probably right. The President of the United States is likely to take time out of his schedule to think about how he can reframe a crime committed by black people in a way that ties it to white supremacy. It's reassuring to know that such rational thinking exists on the opposite pole of wokeness.
Who let the dogs out?

- Mitt Romney

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2022, 11:40:05 am »
Some ideas for Biden:

"Against the backdrop of anti-racism protests last summer, racist violence was surging in Chinatowns and Asian American communities across the country.... These attacks may have been spurred by the coronavirus pandemic and then-President Donald Trump repeatedly using racist terms for the virus.... Ultimately, there is a failure to remember what got America to this place of racial hierarchies and lingering Black-Asian tensions: white supremacy. White supremacy is what created segregation, policing, and scarcity of resources in low-income neighborhoods, as well as the creation of the 'model minority' myth all of which has driven a wedge between Black and Asian communities. In fact, it is white Christian nationalism, more than any other ideology, that has shaped xenophobic and racist views around Covid-19, according to a recent study. And for Black and Asian American communities to move forward, it is important to remember the root cause and fight together against it."
https://www.vox.com/22321234/black-asian-american-tensions-solidarity-history

Most anti-Asian hate crimes happen in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and NYC. It's interesting that Trump and white supremacy seem to have the greatest influence over people living in cities controlled by liberals.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 11:42:18 am by T_Rex »

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2022, 11:44:27 am »
Ah, I see. Read further up the thread. Well, grimlock is probably right. The President of the United States is likely to take time out of his schedule to think about how he can reframe a crime committed by black people in a way that ties it to white supremacy. It's reassuring to know that such rational thinking exists on the opposite pole of wokeness.

You don't think Biden has people on his staff who think about and then decide on the best way for the president to verbally react to events?

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2022, 11:50:10 am »
Most anti-Asian hate crimes happen in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and NYC

That's where most Asians live.

Who let the dogs out?

- Mitt Romney

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2022, 11:52:37 am »
Some ideas for Biden:

"Against the backdrop of anti-racism protests last summer, racist violence was surging in Chinatowns and Asian American communities across the country.... These attacks may have been spurred by the coronavirus pandemic and then-President Donald Trump repeatedly using racist terms for the virus.... Ultimately, there is a failure to remember what got America to this place of racial hierarchies and lingering Black-Asian tensions: white supremacy. White supremacy is what created segregation, policing, and scarcity of resources in low-income neighborhoods, as well as the creation of the 'model minority' myth all of which has driven a wedge between Black and Asian communities. In fact, it is white Christian nationalism, more than any other ideology, that has shaped xenophobic and racist views around Covid-19, according to a recent study. And for Black and Asian American communities to move forward, it is important to remember the root cause and fight together against it."
https://www.vox.com/22321234/black-asian-american-tensions-solidarity-history

Most anti-Asian hate crimes happen in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and NYC. It's interesting that Trump and white supremacy seem to have the greatest influence over people living in cities controlled by liberals.

Yes a black person who attacks an Asian has, through no fault of their own, internalised white supremacy. He 's actually the victim

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2022, 01:21:16 pm »
That's where most Asians live.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It really is funny to watch people who can actually critically think vs. those who think they can.

I mean, I do think that while Biden himself isn't going to do much personally about Asian hate attacks and spinning them, I do think at some level, some Dem operative will spin it in a favorable way for the Dems, which is only natural as the Republicans would do the same thing. I do think blaming Trump or "white supremacy hierarchy" is ridiculous, but I do have to applaud you pointing out what should have been obvious- The reason that most anti-Asian attacks are in LA, SanFran and NYC is...shocker...that is where most Asians live.

It's like saying "Most attacks on Middle-Easterners happen in Southeast Michigan." Well duh, that's where a big chunk of Middle-Easterners in America live.