Read 2253 times

• icecreamkills
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:19:11 am
    • Yeosu South Jeolla
Gimpo Airport Info
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »
This question is for anyone who lives in Seoul or is familiar with the area around Gimpo Airport: (I live in Jeollanamdo so my knowledge of the northern part of the county is lacking).

I'm in the process of booking flights for my summer vacation. Believe it or not, the rates are better flying from Gimpo than Incheon (to New York City). So, the lowest cost flight arrives back in Gimpo at 9:50pm. I think that will make it too late to catch a bus or train back south so I'll need to find somewhere to sleep. Does anyone know if there are love motels or other cheap accommodations nearby?

Re: Gimpo Airport Info
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:32:10 pm »
My friend has told me that Hotel Boom (ha!) or Hotel Tiffany, which are next to each other south of the airport, are nice enough love motels. Not sure about the price (40,000? maybe more?) The Mayfield Hotel, which is behind them, would be quite pricey, I imagine, as would the Airport Hotel, on the main street to the airport from downtown near Songjeong station.

• Koenji
  • Super Waygook

• December 03, 2010, 02:43:17 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »
This question is for anyone who lives in Seoul or is familiar with the area around Gimpo Airport: (I live in Jeollanamdo so my knowledge of the northern part of the county is lacking).

I'm in the process of booking flights for my summer vacation. Believe it or not, the rates are better flying from Gimpo than Incheon (to New York City). So, the lowest cost flight arrives back in Gimpo at 9:50pm. I think that will make it too late to catch a bus or train back south so I'll need to find somewhere to sleep. Does anyone know if there are love motels or other cheap accommodations nearby?

I saw a thread on Dave`s recently with the same question...

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=200416

• icecreamkills
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:19:11 am
    • Yeosu South Jeolla
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:17:32 pm »
Cool, thanks a lot of the info guys. I'm going to book flights tonight as soon as my money shows up in the US bank acct. 4 weeks at home eating things that aren't kimchi, rice and seaweed... culinary heaven.

• Ectofuego
  • Featured Contributor

• November 02, 2010, 09:21:10 am
    • Mars
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »
Thx for posting an answer, Thread locked due to question being answered.
I'm Jason and I approve this message!