Read 13022 times

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Roe V Wade to be overturned. (Rumours)
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2022, 02:47:39 pm »
Toronto has got some babes. And every stripe you could ever gaze at.

I know they do.  But so did my hometown.  Usually the French Acadian seemed to have more beauty in them than the Anglo girls.  Which I say classified as an Anglo myself.  Though in Korea I have been told I look Germanic and the Russians always came to speak to me thinking I was Russian too.  Not sure what to say there.  This old Anglo Irish Canadian boy did like the French chicks back in the day (though some did have big noses but not all).  The attractive brunette with blue or green eyes always got me back in the day.  Though exceptions could always be made like with most guys.  Mind you I was still in my 20's then.  (But, it surprises me how many 20 somethings seem both on my last visit home and here seem to notice an older guy.)
Happy Teachers Day to New Orleans.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2022, 02:48:50 pm »
I dated a couple of models when I was (a lot) younger. I thought they were super!

« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2022, 02:53:28 pm »
Usually the French Acadian
I was in Chicoutimi at the shopping mall, Place du Saguenay, and I was sitting on a bench. There was this Quebecois girl sitting about 10m in front of me on a bench. She was............... 17 or 18? (I was 16, don't get the wrong idea) and she had this red lollipop and she was............ well, what you do with lollipops.

It was then and there that my brain said, "Yup, not gay." I wasn't questioning my sexuality prior, I wasn't confused, but it was a kind of "hit bedrock" moment.

I've seen a lot of women
But she never 'scaped my mind
And I just grew
Tangled up in Quebecois

-Bob Dylan

That woman enters my thoughts at least once a week. Truly a top 3 most stunning woman I've ever seen.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2022, 02:53:52 pm »
What a sad outlook on life you have. Remember not everyone is like you. It's unsurprising you could never find a good partner with such a negative view of women and relationships.

What is this pyscobabble bs?  No I did learn.  I had a friend who was married to someone similar to a couple of girls I dated when I first got here.  He was miserable and eventually he sought out divorce.  No love or too close of contact.  Most married guys I know who got married in the golden age and made good cash nowadays struggle financially and it leads to arguing with their wives constantly.  Korea pulled a bait and switch.  Unless you marry a girl from a well off family or someone who has good business sense and works hard, you're life here will be a struggle.  Korea ain't what it use to be.  That ain't synicism.  Also, I haven't personally met some real beauties that I am normally attracted to.  Plus women who now say they want to stay in Korea for life are a no go as I will need to eventually make an exit.  I have had some fine looking women be attracted to me in the past.  So, I am quite picky in that department I will admit. 

« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2022, 02:55:33 pm »
Also, I haven't personally met some real beauties that I am normally attracted to. 
What the hell is this sentence? hahaha

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2022, 02:58:43 pm »
I was in Chicoutimi at the shopping mall, Place du Saguenay, and I was sitting on a bench. There was this Quebecois girl sitting about 10m in front of me on a bench. She was............... 17 or 18? (I was 16, don't get the wrong idea) and she had this red lollipop and she was............ well, what you do with lollipops.

It was then and there that my brain said, "Yup, not gay." I wasn't questioning my sexuality prior, I wasn't confused, but it was a kind of "hit bedrock" moment.

That woman enters my thoughts at least once a week. Truly a top 3 most stunning woman I've ever seen.

A 16 year old boy getting it on with a hot 17 year old girl with lollipops.  You would have been a stud to all your friends in high school.  Ha ha.  The problem is you would have been in love after the first time at that age. And if she didn't want you back beyond a fling, your head would have been seriously messed with.  I did have some grade 12 girls get flirtatous to me in High School when I was in Grade 10 as a freshman (Gr 9 wasn't high school back then).  But that was nothing like your story if true and not sarcasm. 

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2022, 03:00:43 pm »
What the hell is this sentence? hahaha

oops.  ...Also, I haven't personally met the type of beauties that I am normally attracted to, lately. 

« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2022, 03:01:35 pm »
oops.  ...Also, I haven't personally met the type of beauties that I am normally attracted to, lately. 
Good to see you joining in the banter, hahaha. Really. Life's a larf, have a larf along with us.

« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2022, 03:52:36 pm »
You don't know my dating situation.  But with an ignorant bedside manner like yours, it's easy to see why you get no hotties. 
Something I've noticed in life- People who regularly date "hotties" tend not to make a big deal about women at the bank being into their modest apartment or a 5 minute conversation (likely 30 seconds in real time) with someone behind the counter at Starbucks. Usually, they don't even bother, they're too busy out with their date or at the club or whatever.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2022, 08:29:47 pm »
Not related to dating, but an interesting perspective on how babies are treated in the US:

"The U.S. has long put a higher priority on taking care of the elderly than taking care of young families.

Americans over 65 receive universal health insurance (Medicare), and most receive a regular government check (Social Security). Many children, by contrast, live in poverty. Relative to other affluent countries, the U.S. spends a notably small share of its budget on children; President Biden’s stalled Build Back Better plan aimed to change this, Urban Institute researchers have pointed out.

Alyssa Rosenberg, a Washington Post columnist, argues that the formula shortage is part of this story. “Babies and their well-being have never been much of a priority in the United States,” Rosenberg wrote this week. “But an alarming shortage of infant formula — and the lack of a national mobilization to keep babies fed — provides a new measure of how deeply that indifference runs.”

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2022, 08:13:56 am »
Yes, you have more rights as a sea turtle embryo than a human embryo in the States

Speaking on the Senate floor Tuesday, Daines opined: “If you were to take or destroy the eggs of a sea turtle—now I said the eggs, not the hatchlings that's also a penalty but the eggs—the criminal penalties are severe: up to a $100,000 fine and a year in prison   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:20:35 am by grimlock2 »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2022, 12:20:27 pm »
Yes, you have more rights as a sea turtle embryo than a human embryo in the States

This is an incredibly dumb analogy (almost as if Daines has been taking pointers from someone on this forum).  First of all, a law equivalent to preventing abortion would be one that prevents sea turtle mothers from destroying their own eggs--and the law does not do that.

Sea turtles receive this protection because they are endangered species.  And BTW, Republicans for decades have been deriding and weakening endangered species protections, so spare me. 

Human beings are not endangered--although by their resistance to affordable health care, reasonable wages, social protection nets, etc, Republicans are doing their best.  Do you doubt for one second that if the President was a Republican, the party would not have a single word to say the shortage of baby formula?--except maybe to mumble about how markets work.

Also, if  eggs matter so much, why don't chicken, quail and duck embryos have the same protections?

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2022, 01:03:16 pm »
Sea turtles receive this protection because they are endangered species.

A sea turtle egg is a potential sea turtle, just as an embryo is a potential human. Hatched baby sea turtles don't have more rights than born babies, even though they are endangerred. So why should the turtle egg have more rights than the baby embryo?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2022, 01:21:10 pm »
A sea turtle egg is a potential sea turtle, just as an embryo is a potential human. Hatched baby sea turtles don't have more rights than born babies, even though they are endangerred. So why should the turtle egg have more rights than the baby embryo?

Yes, six of the seven species of  sea turtles are endangered, even after they're hatched--being listed as endangered means they are protected by the Endangered Species Act.

Why do you keep trying to compare them with humans, which are not on the endangered species list?

A more direct comparison is to chicken eggs, isn't it?  They aren't protected.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:26:41 pm by Mr C »

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2022, 01:24:23 pm »
Why don't CHICKEN EGGS have the same rights as a turtle egg??

Because chickens are not endangered. But you're not really answering my question. A sea turtle embryo has more rights than a human embryo because its endangered, according to you. So my question is why doesn't a hatched baby turtle have more rights than a born human baby, being as how the turtle is endangered and the human isn't.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2022, 01:28:03 pm »
Because chickens are not endangered. But you're not really answering my question. A sea turtle embryo has more rights than a human embryo because its endangered, according to you. So my question is why doesn't a hatched baby turtle have more rights than a born human baby, being as how the turtle is endangered and the human isn't.

No, a turtle has no "rights" under law, it has protections, they're not the same thing.

« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2022, 01:31:31 pm »
Ok so if a baby has more protections than a turtle when its born, why shouldn't it have more protections than a turtle when it's an embryo?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2022, 01:34:35 pm »
Ok so if a baby has more protections than a turtle when its born, why shouldn't it have more protections than a turtle when it's an embryo?

There is no point in continuing this, as you are unable to distinguish a "right" from a "protection".

« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2022, 01:40:11 pm »
You're giving up too easily, I'm sure they could be explained to me.  I guess it boils down to when a turtle and a human are embryos they have no rights. However the turtle embryo has a 'protection' because it's an endangered species but a human embryo isn't protected because it's not. However when the baby is born it acquires rights, which the turtle doesn't have. Although the turtle continues to have protection. The rights are stronger than the protection after birth.

So you could say a sea turtle embryo is better protected (more valued?) than a human embryo. Fair? It seems a bit rough on the human embryo but I guess they only get their voice after they're born and they get their rights.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:55:56 pm by grimlock2 »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2022, 01:46:56 pm »
You're giving up too easily, I'm sure they could be explained to me.

Look up "dictionary" in a dictionary.