Read 8758 times

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
Re: Roe V Wade to be overturned. (Rumours)
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2022, 07:38:48 am »
You shouldn't care either. The fact that you do, suggests that you are unsatisfied with your circumstances. Which brings us back to the ultimate solution and point: do something to change your own situation for the better.

As soon as covid is over... China is calling. Although he was complaining about the same things well before covid started, he was still doing okay at that point. His previous complaints were completely out of concerns for others because he was doing okay. Not as good as the golden days when the exchange rates were better and the locals rolled out the red carpet, but okay. The racists have made it much worse. Once covid is over he'll go to China. Definitely. I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen. He's a man of action not just talk.

« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2022, 11:51:59 am »
It's called giving advice to help people out.  But long term as inflation peaks its ugly head around the corner, it also comes for those making more too.  That means all wages must go up and more foreigners ned enough resolve to say no like many other workers did.
The why don't YOU start an organization to make that happen?

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2022, 12:58:47 pm »
As soon as covid is over... China is calling. Although he was complaining about the same things well before covid started, he was still doing okay at that point. His previous complaints were completely out of concerns for others because he was doing okay. Not as good as the golden days when the exchange rates were better and the locals rolled out the red carpet, but okay. The racists have made it much worse. Once covid is over he'll go to China. Definitely. I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen. He's a man of action not just talk.

Well dumb ass inflation is coming for me and it's coming for you if it hasn't already.  I speak up for wage hikes every time I can to the education office teachers etc.  I don't just complain about it to a few other waygooks unlike some folks in my area.  Imagine if more spoke up and quit being pussies how much more progress would be made.  And these folks were on F visas yet still cowering.  They legally could have formed groups.  Inflation has soared and is soaring.  I am really rather than fight with me, why not spend your energy fighting with the Koreans instead?  I really can't get how stupid people are. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:17:50 pm by Kyndo »
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2022, 01:00:34 pm »
The why don't YOU start an organization to make that happen?

Racist Korea won't let me.  An F visa foreigner should.  But I do speak my mind to the Koreans every chance I get unlike other foreigners including many on an F visa that are the most despicable cowards you never wanted to meet.  I have never such a cowardly non committal group of people in my life.  Honestly, jobs I worked in the west folks would speak up together. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2022, 01:28:39 pm »
     According to the linked article in the KT (The KT! I know! Sorry!), Article 17 of Korea's Immigration Control Act states that all foreigners in Korea --regardless of their visa status (or if they even have a visa)  -- are allowed to form unions, or engage in union activity. It's one of the 2 clear exceptions to the "no political activity" rule (the other being posting political writings/opinions/etc on-line).

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2017/01/197_221325.html

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2022, 04:15:58 pm »
     According to the linked article in the KT (The KT! I know! Sorry!), Article 17 of Korea's Immigration Control Act states that all foreigners in Korea --regardless of their visa status (or if they even have a visa)  -- are allowed to form unions, or engage in union activity. It's one of the 2 clear exceptions to the "no political activity" rule (the other being posting political writings/opinions/etc on-line).

He'll just find another excuse.

• Bakeacake
  • Super Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2022, 05:10:10 pm »
no sense in doing any of that.  once corona is done and china opens up, hes out of here. maybe a couple of years or more, who knows. might go stay in his parents basement.    or he might actually just do nothing. and stay at his 2.7 mil job in the boonies. Maybe one year they'll change his coteacher and she'll give him an unfavorable review. Then the run will be over.  just like that.  gone  probably to china...  once corona is done.

« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2022, 06:28:59 pm »
no sense in doing any of that.  once corona is done and china opens up, hes out of here. maybe a couple of years or more, who knows. might go stay in his parents basement.    or he might actually just do nothing. and stay at his 2.7 mil job in the boonies. Maybe one year they'll change his coteacher and she'll give him an unfavorable review. Then the run will be over.  just like that.  gone  probably to china...  once corona is done.
Probably "They're not worthy of me improving the quality of teachers by organizing, so I won't lift a finger to save Korea" or some deluded excuse making like that.

« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2022, 12:52:32 am »
Honestly, jobs I worked in the west folks would speak up together. 

Aye, those McDonald's workers are a feisty lot.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2022, 10:03:52 am »

I'm sure it's that easy.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2022, 07:49:13 am »
I'm sure it's that easy.
Point is, it's permitted, that's all. The Korean government/legal system isn't directly preventing the formation of ESL unions.

Unfortunately, very few things in life that are worthwhile are easy.  :sad:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 12:57:42 pm by Kyndo »

« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2022, 12:52:41 pm »
I'm sure it's that easy.
Is it supposed to be easy? Like what are you expecting? The Korean government to form the union for you? Yes, you actually have to ORGANIZE in order to form a labor organization. No one is going to do it for you.

Yes, you actually have to put in some effort to get a benefit. Not just sit around whining and complaining.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2022, 12:55:49 pm »
Aye, those McDonald's workers are a feisty lot.

I wish I worked there.  Sneak a Big Mac or two? 

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2022, 01:05:45 pm »
I wish I worked there.  Sneak a Big Mac or two?

That will just make Asian sizes a little more difficult to fit into.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2022, 01:11:12 pm »
That will just make Asian sizes a little more difficult to fit into.

No doubt.  What about all the Asians here working at McDonalds now? 

Speaking of which I did grab a good sausage and egg mcmuffin from the drive thru on the way to work this morning.  Fortunately I did a 3.5 hour bike ride round trip yesterday.  Biked that grease off. 

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2022, 06:58:31 am »
No doubt.  What about all the Asians here working at McDonalds now? 

Speaking of which I did grab a good sausage and egg mcmuffin from the drive thru on the way to work this morning.  Fortunately I did a 3.5 hour bike ride round trip yesterday.  Biked that grease off. 
I bet the bike was made in China. You're getting closer.

« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2022, 08:56:56 am »
Is it supposed to be easy? Like what are you expecting? The Korean government to form the union for you? Yes, you actually have to ORGANIZE in order to form a labor organization. No one is going to do it for you.

Yes, you actually have to put in some effort to get a benefit. Not just sit around whining and complaining.

I disagree. Typing "Let's Go Brandon!" into various web forums is usually enough to get the job done.
Who let the dogs out?

- Mitt Romney