Read 8759 times

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Roe V Wade to be overturned. (Rumours)
« on: May 04, 2022, 08:07:44 am »
Roe V Wade to be overturned.  (Rumours)
At any rate, it will be sent to the States.  So, I assume Taxachussets and failing California and New York will still let you snuff them out. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:33:31 am by Kyndo »
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

Re: Roe V Wade to be overturned. (Rumours)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 11:26:16 am »

Damn!  What will hateful, angry feminists do now?  They can't kill babies anymore.  I assume they will howl and scream like psychopaths?   

They'll bang on and on about it being an attack on women's rights, while simultaneously calling anyone who says only women can have babies, a transphobe. Doublethink at its finest.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 11:26:32 am »
The Union made a mistake by trying to unite the country. Should have just let the Confederacy rot.

There has been nothing "United" about the USA for decades and the cultural division has gotten worse. The Red States pretty much want to live in their own "Handmaid's Tale".

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 11:36:38 am »
Deleted some personal attacks.
Attack the post, not the poster etc etc etc etc.
Please keep it civil (as opposed to civil war. Heheh)

This is a sensitive topic for a lot of people, so if there's to be any kind of constructive discussion, it might be a good idea to tread lightly.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 11:38:51 am »
The Union made a mistake by trying to unite the country. Should have just let the Confederacy rot.

There has been nothing "United" about the USA for decades and the cultural division has gotten worse. The Red States pretty much want to live in their own "Handmaid's Tale".
Yeah, that would have gone well during WWI and WWII...a United States preoccupied with a CSA, likely a 3rd nation in the West, maybe a 4th in the Midwest, Canada a bigger player on the continent, Japan with free reign in East Asia, etc.

The only people who think this kind of crap are either A) Confederates and Copperheads in 1861 B) Frustrated American leftists in 2022 C) Right-wing Dixie whistlers 1865-2022.

Handmaid's Tale? FFS even in 1950 it wasn't like that. You have to go back to Agrarian, pre-enfanchisement times to find anything like that.

"We're living in Brave New World!" "We're living in Idiocracy!" "We're living in Animal Farm!"
No, we're not.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 11:53:59 am »
Yeah, that would have gone well during WWI and WWII...a United States preoccupied with a CSA, likely a 3rd nation in the West, maybe a 4th in the Midwest, Canada a bigger player on the continent, Japan with free reign in East Asia, etc.

The only people who think this kind of crap are either A) Confederates and Copperheads in 1861 B) Frustrated American leftists in 2022 C) Right-wing Dixie whistlers 1865-2022.

Handmaid's Tale? FFS even in 1950 it wasn't like that. You have to go back to Agrarian, pre-enfanchisement times to find anything like that.

"We're living in Brave New World!" "We're living in Idiocracy!" "We're living in Animal Farm!"
No, we're not.

Well, there you go again, with your host of diversionary talking points.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 12:27:23 pm »
Well, there you go again, with your host of diversionary talking points.

Dude, you just wrote this-

The Red States pretty much want to live in their own "Handmaid's Tale".

I directly addressed YOUR points. That's not a diversionary talking point.  You suggested we should have let the Confederacy rot, I said why that was a bad idea. You said that the Red States want to live in the Handmaid's Tale, I said that even if you rolled abortion laws back to the 1950s, you wouldn't have lifestyles like the Handmaid's Tale. 1950s life, for all of its problems and issues, at least in the North, was far closer to life in the 2020s than life in the 1880s.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 12:49:44 pm »
If by, addressing, you mean posting a bunch of “What ifs” in the hope that one of your host of comments make sense.

The “Handmaid’s Tale” was a bit of a reactionary comment on my part, and not to be taken as absolute literal. It was more a comment on the erosion of “women’s rights” decided exclusively by white men. But you fell for the Savant-trap.

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 01:03:49 pm »
If by, addressing, you mean posting a bunch of “What ifs” in the hope that one of your host of comments make sense.

Lol.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 01:56:39 pm »
Deleted some personal attacks.
Attack the post, not the poster etc etc etc etc.
Please keep it civil (as opposed to civil war. Heheh)

This is a sensitive topic for a lot of people, so if there's to be any kind of constructive discussion, it might be a good idea to tread lightly.

But I want a civil war. I'll make the first move by sending you a well thought-out, angry, but polite letter of complaint, Kyndo. :p
Before you know it, people will be offering each other tea and biscuits, while politely discussing the issues, like gentlepeople.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 02:01:19 pm »
It was more a comment on the erosion of “women’s rights” decided exclusively by white men.

Doesn't seem to match reality then.   Roe v Wade judges and the ones thinking of overturning it.  Looks like diversity isn't always the Democrat's strength.  :smiley:

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 02:09:53 pm »
Lol.

I made a statement. You went all tangential as you usually do.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 02:11:01 pm »
Doesn't seem to match reality then.   Roe v Wade judges and the ones thinking of overturning it.  Looks like diversity isn't always the Democrat's strength.  :smiley:

Oh sorry! Majority of white men and white catholic women who want to restrict women’s rights. Same crowd.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:08:09 pm by Savant »

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 02:14:44 pm »
I'm 100% pro-choice. I don't think anyone has the right to tell another person what they can do with their body.

However, having said that, from what I understand the cut-off date is 15 weeks of gestation. I figure that's plenty of time to make a decision, unlike my moronic neighbour who missed 7 periods in a row before she figured something may be amiss!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 02:15:07 pm »
Back to the 1950s might be wishful thinking the way civil rights of all sorts are being rolled back. I guess this is what you get when you have minority rule and that minority are patriarchal reactionaries.

"The majority of Americans believe the Supreme Court’s ruling in Roe v. Wade should be upheld, according to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll. Nearly 60 percent say abortion should be legal in “all or most cases.”

37 percent of adults surveyed say they believe abortion should be illegal in all or most cases, although that’s substantially less than the long-term average, at 42 percent.

Roughly 70 percent of adults surveyed say the decision to get an abortion should not be made by lawmakers and should be left to the pregnant woman and her doctor – down about 5 percentage points from November."

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2022, 03:11:35 pm »
No, we're not.

idk, sometimes i think we're getting pretty close to that particular one

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2022, 03:25:29 pm »
Back to the 1950s might be wishful thinking the way civil rights of all sorts are being rolled back. I guess this is what you get when you have minority rule and that minority are patriarchal reactionaries.

"The majority of Americans believe the Supreme Court’s ruling in Roe v. Wade should be upheld, according to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll. Nearly 60 percent say abortion should be legal in “all or most cases.”

37 percent of adults surveyed say they believe abortion should be illegal in all or most cases, although that’s substantially less than the long-term average, at 42 percent.

Roughly 70 percent of adults surveyed say the decision to get an abortion should not be made by lawmakers and should be left to the pregnant woman and her doctor – down about 5 percentage points from November."

The 1950's were the beginning of civil rights rulings and legislation from congress.  Now a baby's civil rights will be protected. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 03:32:05 pm »
Oh sorry! Majority of white men and white catholic women who want to restrict women’s rights. Same crowd.

So how about the black guy? What's the reason why he isn't properly diverse?

• Bakeacake
  • Super Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 04:57:49 pm »
The 1950's were the beginning of civil rights rulings and legislation from congress.  Now a baby's civil rights will be protected. 

no no.  not a baby.   a fetus.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 05:02:08 pm »
So how about the black guy? What's the reason why he isn't properly diverse?

The way I read that was that of the votes for (looks like 5, maybe six), the majority of those were white men and white Catholic women.  That's 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 6.

How did you read it?