Read 638 times

  • reply0313
  • Newgookin

    • 2

    • December 19, 2019, 06:39:39 pm
    • South Korea
I taught in Korea for 2 years (2018 to 2020). I have since returned home to the U.S and have applied for a job with my local school district. However, since my position in Korea allowed me to have unsupervised access to children my perspective employer wants to get in contact with someone from EPIK to complete my background check. From what I understand this is as simple as checking a box in an email to verify that I never had any inappropriate interactions with children or anything. However, I'm not sure where I should tell them to send this email.

I'm hoping that someone in these forums has done something similar and can offer some advice. Is this something my former EPIK coordinator could do or would I have to try and get in touch with my old school? I taught at a rural school and most of the staff left the same year I went home so I no longer know anyone there that could help me. I would assume that they have a new Korean English teacher but that person would probably be the only one that speaks English and I'm not confident that the admin's office would be of any help if I sent an email as that email would be in English. I've considered reaching out to my old co-teacher because we had a good relationship but she is at a new school so I don't know how much help she would be. I also tried emailing the person who was the EPIK coordinate for Gyeonggi-do when I was there (Brian Kim) but haven't heard anything back yet. I understand that this is likely because of Seollal but I was hoping that I might be able to get some advice from someone who may have had to do something similar while I wait to hear back. I was also hoping that someone might be able to verify if Brian Kim is still the EPIK coordinator for Gyeonggi-do or, if he's not, provide me with the email address for the current EPIK coordinator for Gyeonggi-do. Any help or advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

  • hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

    • 5839

    • September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Which province were you in?  Find that POE and call them asking to speak to the English department or just call your former coteacher and ask her for the number.  Call them and give them your email and ask them for what you need. 
I can see.  I can see.  I can see....