Read 4811 times

Re: Accused of moving here to have sex with Koreans?
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2021, 11:18:41 pm »
I moved to Pakistan to have sex with Pakistanis.
Join the WhenInRome Fan Club!
Shout out to Mr. DeMartino... the first member. Thank you my son! ;)

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2021, 02:49:00 am »
Original post was deleted by someone who seems to think that failed relationships are a flex and who probably also fails to see the irony of what he said and did when considering what my post was about, and I'm not going to retype everything over an unchecked bias. I'm also not going to quote a troll just to avoid someone's misaligned ego.

So I'll just say that it's really not surprising where some of the comments are coming from. The cringe is hard not to respond to, but it's not my problem, so I'm going to let them crucify themselves to their L's.

If you want to be mad, then just be mad.  :undecided:

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2021, 07:04:12 am »
 :huh:
This thread = ooph.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2021, 08:30:17 am »
We need a hangook and LI dating advice thread. Maybe they can chronicle some of their experiences and let the singles learn from their mistakes.

That shit ain't free, punk. 

But I will tell you I had a brief period of weight gain in my college days (in my 20's) and maybe a year or so after that.  Less women intersted.  I lost the weight and slimmed down quickly, a whole hell of a lot more interested.  So, anyone who says women aren't shallow too are deluding themselves.  Of course some women will date unattractive men for some qualities and such.  (I could still date some being quite overweight for a season.)  You do see a lot more attractive women over here with unattractive men in East Asia than you do back home.  Gold digging and money loving was definately much more over here traditionally.  I think that dynamic is changing here in recent years with younger folks.  Still, it's a crazy messed up world. 

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2021, 08:55:23 pm »
At this point seems like Korea attracts way more foreign women than it does foreign dudes. Most interracial couples that I know are Foreign G - Korean M.

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2021, 09:02:38 pm »
At this point seems like Korea attracts way more foreign women than it does foreign dudes. Most interracial couples that I know are Foreign G - Korean M.

I think so too.
I am a foreign girl married to a Korean man!
Also, I know a few other foreign women who recently got married to their Korean boyfriends!

• catbird
  • Waygookin

• November 17, 2021, 01:42:32 am
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »

Males have made up around 60% of foreigners in South Korea for the past decade: https://www.statista.com/statistics/618767/south-korea-registered-foreigners-number/

That being said, males are just 29% of foreign spouses: https://www.statista.com/statistics/647754/south-korea-number-international-marriages-type/

Anecdotally, seven of my students have Vietnamese mothers and five have Filipina mothers.  I don't know of any students having a foreign father, though one of the teachers is married to a Canadian. 

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2021, 10:12:32 pm »

But that's what anecdotal evidence gets us.  I know well 6 foreign women, one of whom has a Korean mate, 2 with their foreign husbands, and 10 foreign men (again, friends) 5 with a Korean spouse, 2 divorced from a Korean spouse, and one with an illegal Filipina gf/"living in sin" as my dad would say.  ...

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2021, 12:28:06 pm »
I think that there is going to be differences in anecdotal experiences by age and also the nature of the relationship. Older expats are more likely to have their friend circle consist of Foreign Male-Korean Female couples. Younger circles are probably more evenly distributed.

Also, and this is anecdotal, Foreign Male-Korean Female couples generally hang out in a circle of foreigners. Quite a few of the Foreign Female-Korean Male couples the circle of friends for the woman is predominantly Korean, unless their spouse predominantly hangs out with foreigners as well.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2021, 01:07:58 pm »
But that's what anecdotal evidence gets us.  I know well 6 foreign women, one of whom has a Korean mate, 2 with their foreign husbands, and 10 foreign men (again, friends) 5 with a Korean spouse, 2 divorced from a Korean spouse, and one with an illegal Filipina gf/"living in sin" as my dad would say.  ...

Well, that is changing in the last 5 years or so.  Average women of average attractiveness being desired for having blond hair or something else.  Happened to foreign guys 15 or more years ago.  Though past generations of Korean women were also more likely to see won or dollar signs in their eyes and want a guy who could earn money or the best they could get.  So, when 2 million won was a good salary compared to some local especially outside of Seoul, some k chicks would iine up.  Now the salary sucks and those really hot ones won't flock to you for 2 million won though a few may due to some strong attraction.  (Of course some of the hottest ones were working part time or full time as hookers back then for cash too.)  Nowadays, I do see some foreign chicks doing the same in reverse.  They want to marry some rich oppa or one with a good job (in spite of the feminist independent woman lie) and live an imaginary life like on a K drama.  Though I'd still reckon it is a tiny minority of western women and usually less attractive ones (sorry to say that). 

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2021, 02:09:27 pm »
Well, that is changing in the last 5 years or so.  Average women of average attractiveness being desired for having blond hair or something else.  Happened to foreign guys 15 or more years ago.  Though past generations of Korean women were also more likely to see won or dollar signs in their eyes and want a guy who could earn money or the best they could get.  So, when 2 million won was a good salary compared to some local especially outside of Seoul, some k chicks would iine up.  Now the salary sucks and those really hot ones won't flock to you for 2 million won though a few may due to some strong attraction.  (Of course some of the hottest ones were working part time or full time as hookers back then for cash too.)  Nowadays, I do see some foreign chicks doing the same in reverse.  They want to marry some rich oppa or one with a good job (in spite of the feminist independent woman lie) and live an imaginary life like on a K drama.  Though I'd still reckon it is a tiny minority of western women and usually less attractive ones (sorry to say that). 

Wow, with views like this, it's no wonder the women of Starbucks are falling head over heels. Of course, hangook77 has his finger on the pulse of the young singles scene in Seoul, living in his medium-sized town in whatever province.

Also, hangook77 sounds like he's about one step away from founding AKS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:12:32 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2021, 11:50:39 pm »
Marrying a Korean is significantly different from just going to Korea to have sex. Or maybe a lot of people are unaware of the Bukowski rule regarding sexual encounters.

• Sagi Keun
  • Super Waygook

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2022, 06:35:38 pm »
I also keep seeing foreigners in general and English teachers in particular, especially teachers on the E-2 visa, accused of this on various internet forums

Korean men are about the most possessive and insecure people I've ever met, and they are constantly trying to rig the game in their favor by bad-mouthing the competition. Sadly, the national media is also run by the ajosshi brotherhood with their code of attacking foreigners.

Korean men are the ones paying for sex at barber shops all the time, not to mention all the rapes and sexual violence they subject "their' women to. yet somehow foreign men are always portrayed as the greatest threat to the flower of Korean womanhood. They love projecting their own worst excesses onto foreigners. Sadly, many Korean women believe their propaganda.

Korea has a looooooong history of anti-foreignerism.  On the surface you may not notice it at first but if you want to find out the reality, just walk down the street with your Korean girlfriend and watch the reaction.

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2022, 01:02:57 am »

Korean men are about the most possessive and insecure people I've ever met, and they are constantly trying to rig the game in their favor by bad-mouthing the competition. Sadly, the national media is also run by the ajosshi brotherhood with their code of attacking foreigners.

Korean men are the ones paying for sex at barber shops all the time, not to mention all the rapes and sexual violence they subject "their' women to. yet somehow foreign men are always portrayed as the greatest threat to the flower of Korean womanhood. They love projecting their own worst excesses onto foreigners. Sadly, many Korean women believe their propaganda.

Korea has a looooooong history of anti-foreignerism.  On the surface you may not notice it at first but if you want to find out the reality, just walk down the street with your Korean girlfriend and watch the reaction.
Sounds like a post from the 1990's. Back then schoolchildren were still being taught to be proud of their racial purity. Eventually, the UN took notice and called out Korea on its public school cirriculum. Part of Park Chung-hee's strategy to rebuild and unify the nation after the war was to teach Koreans to be racist. But I was under the impression that things had improved somewhat during the past few decades.