Read 878 times

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
Re: Debate escalates over expanding vaccine pass system
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 08:01:22 am »
Between Van and Sagi, I feel like we're in different universes. What is going on?

Waegooks in the Multiverse. Maybe, the title of Marty's next book?

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 11:05:40 am »
what country are you in? it's korea, of course they use the QR code

QR code is optional.

Usually i simply call the number provided.

if asked for proof of vaccination I show them photocopies of my vax certificates I keep in my pocket. never a problem so far.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 11:24:00 am »
QR code is optional.

Usually i simply call the number provided.

if asked for proof of vaccination I show them photocopies of my vax certificates I keep in my pocket. never a problem so far.

I guess that explains why you asked:  "Are photos or photocopies of vaccine certificates sufficient?"

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 11:27:02 am »
also are you like ideologically opposed to using apps or something? assuming you sort of know how to log into website and do phone verification and stuff in korea, it's not too hard to set up the app. then you're free to not carry around a piece of paper everywhere
more gg more skill

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 12:26:10 pm »
Yes, apologist.  Amything done in KOrea is always correct and everyone else is always wrong.  Either way lots of Koreans are pissed about this too and it is the government interfering in an unprecidented way into people's personal lives when it is none of thier business.  Total government control.
Dude, you're not just talking about Korea, you've been whining about COVID measures all over the world and talking about things being fascist. This has nothing to do with apoligism. This is about you trying to cosplay like you're living in under fascism.

You can make your case that these measures go to far and should be adjusted without sounding like some whimpering baby leftist who felt that Trump was Hitler, Jan 6th was an insurrection and that America under the Republicans=fascism.  You're doing the exact same thing as them.

Nobody likes the paranoid and the panicky. A QR code to get into Emart is not fascism. I'd be more worried about the bag of chips that I'd be shoveling into my mouth that I bought at Emart than the security measures at Emart, if you're so concerned about someone threatening your health and well-being and impacting your body.

Hangook77, which do you think sounds more persuasive-
"We need to not let ourselves be driven by fear and make sure children's lives are not disrupted and that they have access to educational opportunities, regardless of vaccination status."
vs.
"The government restricted access to Emart. This is exactly the same kind of thing the Axis powers did. We're living under fascism."

Because the second one makes you sound delusional, have no sense of perspective, no sense of history, self-absorbed, hyperbolic, and weak.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 12:29:57 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 12:45:21 pm »
Dude, you're not just talking about Korea, you've been whining about COVID measures all over the world and talking about things being fascist. This has nothing to do with apoligism. This is about you trying to cosplay like you're living in under fascism.

You can make your case that these measures go to far and should be adjusted without sounding like some whimpering baby leftist who felt that Trump was Hitler, Jan 6th was an insurrection and that America under the Republicans=fascism.  You're doing the exact same thing as them.

Nobody likes the paranoid and the panicky. A QR code to get into Emart is not fascism. I'd be more worried about the bag of chips that I'd be shoveling into my mouth that I bought at Emart than the security measures at Emart, if you're so concerned about someone threatening your health and well-being and impacting your body.

Hangook77, which do you think sounds more persuasive-
"We need to not let ourselves be driven by fear and make sure children's lives are not disrupted and that they have access to educational opportunities, regardless of vaccination status."
vs.
"The government restricted access to Emart. This is exactly the same kind of thing the Axis powers did. We're living under fascism."

Because the second one makes you sound delusional, have no sense of perspective, no sense of history, self-absorbed, hyperbolic, and weak.

If you're not smart enough to see the mission creep here, then I can't help you.  If this is accepted and more people comply, then what other restrictions will come next?  What other "crises" can be exploited down the road?  If rights are taken away today, what type of precident will be set the enxt time?  As for going to a Mart, it's none of the government's business.  They have no right to tell me where I can and cannot go.  Do you not think people have been going to Marts for 2 years with no problems?  Why is it all of a sudden a problem now?  Is it dipping the toe in the water of control to see what they can get away with and what they can control? 

Private ownership but total government control.  Extreme restrictions on every facet of your life.....

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 01:23:15 pm »
If you're not smart enough to see the mission creep here, then I can't help you.
Pretty sure E-Mart is cool with this only for the duration of the pandemic and will want things to open up as soon as possible and will be able to lobby to do so.

If this is accepted and more people comply, then what other restrictions will come next?  What other "crises" can be exploited down the road?
The same shit that has always happened since we started this modern democracy thing back in the 18th century.

As for going to a Mart, it's none of the government's business.  They have no right to tell me where I can and cannot go.
Yeah, they kind of due. Hence why some places you are allowed access and some not, such as military installations, private property, dangerous facilities, etc.

Do you not think people have been going to Marts for 2 years with no problems?  Why is it all of a sudden a problem now?
Probably due to the significant spike in the number of cases, hence why we're back to bar and restaurant closures.

s it dipping the toe in the water of control to see what they can get away with and what they can control?
Yes, the government is deliberately closing of sources of tax revenue in order to grow stronger. You've uncovered their dastardly plan.

It couldn't possibly be because the number of cases has spiked and the Korean government wants to keep a lid on this so that businesses can open back up as soon as possible given the case threshold guidelines they've established.

Funny hangook77, I didn't see you on here b*tching about the fascist Korean government WHEN THEY DELIBERATELY IGNORED THEIR OWN GUIDELINES TO KEEP BUSINESSES OPEN during November. Where were you then? Where was this fascist conspiracy? It was "Living with COVID" and we were opening up. But they ignored their own guidelines then. Only a fascist government does that, right?

This is why your takes are trash- You don't think things through. now through your own ineptitude you've created a situation in which you are going to have to somehow argue the fascist nature of the government through the month of November and now, despite two completely contradictory policies and sets of measures.

Remember: You had the chance to adopt a more moderate, less hyperbolic take and you wouldn't be stuck in this conundrum. You deliberately chose not to. This is your mistake for going down that route. YOU MADE THE MISTAKE. Calm down and don't get so worked up and start spouting off about fascism next time.