Read 6213 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Boosters available Wednesday!
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2022, 10:40:11 am »
No, but promoting fat shaming in red ink is.

Most people without some form of cognitive deficit would understand that.

That was other people’s comments. They said it worked. This was posted in response to an assertion fat shaming makes people fatter. Does it? Seems it also makes people thinner. It does in some cases. Quite a few. Do you even care about what is true or are just an ideologue not open to changing his mind?

« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2022, 10:51:39 am »
I think Lizzo is really brave!

People say I look like Lizzo!... If Lizzo had eaten Lizzo...

So I'm extra brave ;)

That's what my non-binary partner tells me. :)
Join the WhenInRome Fan Club!
Shout out to Mr. DeMartino... the first member. Thank you my son! ;)

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2022, 12:10:43 pm »
Like most negative terms thesedays that would all depend on your perspective and a person's feelings. Just using the word 'fat' instead of 'big' or 'large' would be considered fat shaming by some people.

According to the dictionary fat shaming is mocking or criticising someone because of their weight. So how is telling someone they're fat because they eat too much of the wrong food and don't exercise enough and it's entirely their own fault (unless they have a medical condition, obviously) not being critical? But that's what people have to accept before they can properly change.

And no, people shouldn't go saying this to random strangers but to people they care about or come to them for professional advice.

Ah, OK.

Just to clarify, I don't think that what LI or anybody else on this thread are saying should be considered fat shaming.

Relating information about the benefits of a healthy life style and a good BMI is entirely beneficial and only the most sensitive individuals (and people looking for something to argue about) would consider that to be fat shaming.

While LI's writing style can come across as insensitive at times, I certainly wasn't accusing him of fat shaming.

This was posted in response to an assertion fat shaming makes people fatter. Does it? Seems it also makes people thinner. It does in some cases. Quite a few. Do you even care about what is true or are just an ideologue not open to changing his mind?
Did you click the links?
 Actual fat shaming has long been known to be counterproductive. There are have been many long term studies on the topic.
It might be effective for some individuals - you mentioned a few examples, and I have no reason to believe that it wasn't true in their case - but on a statistical level it has been shown to be ineffective. Read the studies if you're interested in learning why.

Please note, this relates to weight related harassment and citisism (Ie" You're so fat that you have two zip codes. It makes you ugly. Like you hit every branch falling out of the ugly tree. Lose weight!") not explaining the benefits of healthy living. That's a-OK.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:21:41 pm by Kyndo »

« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2022, 12:29:50 pm »
"Korean people are unhealthy skinny."- Someone with a life expectancy 10 years less and risk of serious health complications 40% greater based on weight and diet who has convinced themselves that hospitals are overflowing with slender people, not the pudgy.

Because Japan is renowned for its low life expectancy and health issues or something...

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2022, 01:11:55 pm »
Obesity is a disability? Well, it doesn’t have to be permanent. One can change from disabled to abled in the majority of cases. I hope more people around the world will lessen their number of comorbidities through lifestyle change. That’d be better for both them and society at large.
I'm just waiting for your source, statistics or evidence on this statement.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2022, 01:20:30 pm »
In the context of obesity being a disability, it is absolutely true. Less calories equals less weight.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2022, 02:24:59 pm »
MOD note: (several personal attack posts deleted)

Instead of insulting the person, criticize the idea. This isn't Twitter. We are not to tolerate personal attacks.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2022, 02:37:05 pm »
Vegans have a higher risk of strokes than meat-eaters according to a quick google into scientific research.

Eat in moderation seems to be the way. Have your steak but have it with a lot of vegetables, maybe, with a sweet potato instead of fries. Eat fruit everyday.....
Agreed with all except "have your steak".

Vegans have more hemorrhagic strokes (the bleeding kind) but less ischemic strokes (the blockage kind). True.

But A LOT more people die of heart attacks than strokes and vegans have significantly less heart attacks than beef eaters. This is fact. There are so many studies showing it. Google the science.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2022, 11:45:22 am »
Everybody dies of something, vegan or not. I think a better comparison would be to look at average life expectancy of the 2 groups.
... Although, given that the popular vegan lifestyle is still in its infancy, it might be difficult to get stats on vegan mortality.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 11:47:18 am by Kyndo »

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2022, 09:53:55 pm »
Let's kick this thing in the ass.

Lol.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2022, 10:02:04 pm »
Pfizer boss Albert Bourla said the “most likely scenario” is that coronavirus will be circulating for many years to come.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pfizer-ceo-virus-will-be-here-for-years-but-this-may-be-last-wave-with-restrictions/amp/

“It’s important that people receive the three-dose regimen of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine, and will likely then require annual boosters although the immunocompromised could require them every four months,” Bourla said.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2022, 10:16:02 pm »
Pfizer boss Albert Bourla said the “most likely scenario” is that coronavirus will be circulating for many years to come.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pfizer-ceo-virus-will-be-here-for-years-but-this-may-be-last-wave-with-restrictions/amp/

“It’s important that people receive the three-dose regimen of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine, and will likely then require annual boosters although the immunocompromised could require them every four months,” Bourla said.

LOL. You criticize my post quoting a CEO for bias and now you post a statement from a CEO with an obvious conflict of interest.