Read 8372 times

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
Re: Boosters available Wednesday!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2021, 01:48:54 pm »
Really?  I thought Waygook was an official QAnon outlet.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2021, 01:54:35 pm »
Reminder: if you have properly sourced information, or are expressing an opinion, that's great!
But please post unsubstantiated anti-vaxx conspiracy theories elsewhere.

An opinion and people's personal testimony about what happened to them after taking the shot is not misinformation unless you are directly calling the people with the injuries liars and are making the claim that they are faking their condition as well as their stay in hospital.  Maybe their doctors and the medical staff are lying?  Perhaps, the nurses who told my coteacher that many people are not healing from injuries well since taking the vaccine are lying too?  Maybe my Korean co teacher is lying to me when she told me that last month?  Perhaps, she is faking her own injury not healing?  Is it misinformation then?  Seems more a convenient excuse to dismiss something you can't debate.  But until you answer the question about whether or not victims are lying or not, the debate will continue.  To my knowledge none of these people have used Qanon or any other site or got their approval to report on their injuries and bad reactions from taking the shot. 

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 02:35:31 pm »

Qanon told them to lie in a hospital bed?

Haha, that's very punny. Too bad you're not.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
i'm sure it was unintentional
more gg more skill

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 02:51:19 pm »
CNN, the national media, and most of the global media will stick to the narrative and will not report on anything that goes against their narrative.
This is a conspiracy theory.
When used to push anti-vaxx propaganda, it can be potentially harmful. Don't post stuff like this.

As we know, the same hedge funds and groups that own parts of big pharma, also own big media, have slices of big tech, etc.  One big happy family.
While this may be factually correct, the implication that these hedge funds are somehow using media to bring profit to "big pharma" is a conspiracy theory.
When used to push anti-vaxx propaganda, it can be potentially harmful. Don't post comments like this, please.

Now, that said, sometimes local media will still report on things fairly and honestly.  This ABC affiliate has a story....
That local news (in a region renown for its strong political views on vaccines in general) is more honest or fair on these kind of topics is, if not misinformation, then at least hopelessly naive.
Probably not a conspiracy theory, though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:52:55 pm by Kyndo »

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 03:03:13 pm »
When used to push anti-vaxx propaganda, it can be potentially harmful. Don't post stuff like this.
  While this may be factually correct, the implication that these hedge funds are somehow using media to bring profit to "big pharma" is a conspiracy theory.
When used to push anti-vaxx propaganda, it can be potentially harmful. Don't post comments like this, please.
That local news (in a region renown for its strong political views on vaccines in general) is more honest or fair on these kind of topics is, if not misinformation, then at least hopelessly naive.
Probably not a conspiracy theory, though.

You removed the local news clip.  WHich means that information can't get out.  Currently only one narrative is allowed to be pushed.  You also are showing a willingness to censor anything that doesn't fit your narrative.  A cop out excuse.  The woman was in the hospital bed after she took the vaccine.  Just come out and say she is a liar and faking her injury if that's what you want to use as an excuse to further your OPINION and your NARRAITIVE.  Truth must be dimissed and censored at all costs if it goes against your narrative.  It is an abuse of your moderator powers.  I posted an ABC news link and not a Qanon site.  (I have no clue what they are saying.) 

Local news doesn't care about your political opinions.  They just report what is going on in the community.  But again, it is an inconvenience to your belief system.  So, make up an excuse and silence it. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »
Please read the above comment again.

The video was fine, the rest of your commentary was not.

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2021, 04:50:00 pm »
When used to push anti-vaxx propaganda, it can be potentially harmful
While this is true, this is also really difficult. The idea that various corporations and interests use the media for profit/influence certainly isn't a controversial or factually untrue position. The idea that pharmaceutical companies have engaged in action, either through  the media or through deceptive studies and practices with their products to generate products is also non-controversial and factually true. It is also true that this isn't isolated, but rather more of a pattern of behavior.

At the same time, while there is no direct evidence of that regarding COVID, it certainly is...questionable that such speculation should be wholly out of bounds. We're not talking a conspiracy on the order of fake moon landings, more a conspiracy that fits a pattern of previous behavior. Would it be a conspiracy theory to suggest that something was amiss in the latest event in the Mexican Drug War and some colonel or minister has been bought off by one of the Cartels?

In this case, I actually think that random crackpot links should be censored (as opposed to say, links from news reports regarding COVID numbers or outbreaks or statistics or claims by doctors). However, if hangook77 just wants to engage in personal speculation, conjecture and theorizing, and properly labels it as such (which given his eye for detail, will most certainly NOT happen, making this moot), then I think that MIGHT be permissible regarding say, pharmaceutical companies, their motives, and any possible manipulation they MIGHT be engaging in. However, at no point can he claim it to be a fact and not speculation and the moment he does or try to argue it as anything but speculation, it should be taken down.

I guess the point is this- Hangook77 you probably CAN post your thoughts, but you need to learn how to use disclaimers and to make your point within certain guidelines. You CAN do it. But you need an eye for detail and to have the requisite level of discipline and patience in your writing in order to do it. If you lack that, then you have no one but yourself to blame when your post gets taken down.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2021, 06:15:22 pm »
If Omicron is as mild as is cautiously being suggested, i.e. flu or below like levels of mortality, then the best thing we could do is NOT fight it and let it run rampant and become the dominant strain and hopefully replace Delta.
That's a mighty big if to bet your life on. And even then your proposal is far from sound.

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2021, 07:24:27 pm »
That's a mighty big if to bet your life on. And even then your proposal is far from sound.

If you're under the age of 55 it's comparable to making a bet with any activity that has a very small level of risk such as extreme sports, being a delivery driver or driving a car in the 1960s.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2021, 02:47:37 am »

If you're under the age of 55 it's comparable to making a bet with any activity that has a very small level of risk such as extreme sports, being a delivery driver or driving a car in the 1960s.
Can you show me your data? What specific extreme sports are being referred to? What type of delivery driver and for which delivery companies? When in the 1960s--before or after most cars had seat belts? What make and manufacturer of cars are being referred to?

I think what we have here is another of your WACGs.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2021, 10:42:51 am »
Please read the above comment again.

The video was fine, the rest of your commentary was not.

The video was fine, yet you removed it? 

Your opinion is fine and mine is not.  I get it now.  You are judge jury and executioner.  Either way, I am not taking a defective vaccine that has made many people sick and whose long term effects are unknown.  If you want to line up for the 'experiment' (which the FDA or CDC considered it to be), then be my guest.  You do you and I'll do me.  I don't follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff. 

Evidence and documentaries of bad consequences of this defective vaccine are out there.  But it gets suppressed and rarely reported on.  It even got suppressed here.  Can't win a debate or an argument, just falsely label it as 'misinformation' while never answering directly if victims are lying about their health problems or not.  Just censor or shut people up instead of winning a debate or doing more to prove their set of facts.  No longer is it about having a better argument, it's about controlling the narrative through every trick imaginable.  I fully expect debate class in school to get cancelled soon because it is 'triggering' to some new imaginary group with some new 'feelings'. 

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2021, 10:46:37 am »

Your opinion is fine and mine is not.  I get it now.  You are judge jury and executioner.  Either way, I am not taking a defective vaccine that has made many people sick and whose long term effects are unknown.  If you want to line up for the 'experiment' (which the FDA or CDC considered it to be), then be my guest.  You do you and I'll do me.  I don't follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff. 

Evidence and documentaries of bad consequences of this defective vaccine are out there.  But it gets suppressed and rarely reported on.  It even got suppressed here.  Can't win a debate or an argument, just falsely label it as 'misinformation' while never answering directly if victims are lying about their health problems or not.  Just censor or shut people up instead of winning a debate or doing more to prove their set of facts.  No longer is it about having a better argument, it's about controlling the narrative through every trick imaginable.  I fully expect debate class in school to get cancelled soon because it is 'triggering' to some new imaginary group with some new 'feelings'. 

Your opinion is nonsense and supported by fringe arguments and "facts". Your debate is simply to keep pushing this nonsense until more people believe it. It's the reason as to why so many people have been taken in by this anti-vaxxer BS. You're no disciple of truth; merely a peddler of BS.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2021, 10:51:16 am »
I removed the whole comment rather than just parts of it because otherwise it would just be a video without context.
Feel free to post the video again, of course.

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2021, 12:55:46 pm »
Can you show me your data? What specific extreme sports are being referred to? What type of delivery driver and for which delivery companies? When in the 1960s--before or after most cars had seat belts? What make and manufacturer of cars are being referred to?

I think what we have here is another of your WACGs.
https://www.teletracnavman.com/resources/resource-library/infographics/most-dangerous-jobs-infographic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_vehicle_fatality_rate_in_U.S._by_year
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm#F2_down

However, I also added the stipulation of co-morbidities. Now that data is unavailable, though it would be logical to assume it accounts for a significant number of cases in the 55-under age group. So we already see that for people under the age of 44, it is literally more dangerous to drive a car during  the 1960s.

Of course anyone who isn't a gullible sap should know this. However, those who are easily manipulated have bought into Project Fear about how dangerous this is for certain groups.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2021, 10:59:09 pm »
https://www.teletracnavman.com/resources/resource-library/infographics/most-dangerous-jobs-infographic

However, I also added the stipulation of co-morbidities. Now that data is unavailable, though it would be logical to assume it accounts for a significant number of cases in the 55-under age group. So we already see that for people under the age of 44, it is literally more dangerous to drive a car during  the 1960s.

Of course anyone who isn't a gullible sap should know this. However, those who are easily manipulated have bought into Project Fear about how dangerous this is for certain groups.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

Where are the extreme sports?

Since almost no one is driving a car made in the 60s and no one is driving on roads as they were in the 60s, there is no validity to that comparison.

As for delivery drivers, what percentage of the US population do they represent? For most people, that's another invalid comparison.

You've done nothing here but post some charts without context.

The statistic that matters is 800,000 American deaths due to Covid-19. If you want to compare that to something, how about 5,000 Chinese deaths due to Covid-19? I'm not claiming that the US should have instituted the same measures as China, but rather that there are measures that do work and would work in the US if the populace thought less about their so-called individual rights and more about what is good for their neighbor, their community and their country.

But your SOP is to oppose any and all change and to claim that changes for the worse are really so bad. Your credentials as a self-absorbed individual remain uncontested.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2021, 12:16:49 am »
We already know this, but it fits so well with the narrative the radical right on these forums is trying to spin, I thought I'd post it.

"A new report from the House Committee on Oversight and Reform — the main investigative body of the House of Representatives — found that the Trump administration undermined the country's COVID-19 pandemic response for political purposes.

The report, first written about by CNN and conducted under the auspices of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, includes numerous findings that have already been released this year. But the report also includes new evidence of what the committee called "deliberate efforts to undermine the nation's coronavirus response for political purposes."

According to the report, the Trump administration also weakened COVID-19 testing guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) while blocking media briefings by the public health agency.

After a February 25, 2020 briefing in which then-CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases Director Dr. Nancy Messonnier warned about the dangers of the virus, former President Donald Trump was angered and blocked the health agency's requests to conduct public briefings for three months.

"That is the feeling that we had, many of us had," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, a CDC official, when asked by the committee about whether she and others at the agency felt "muzzled" by the administration.

Dr. Deborah Birx, who served as the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator under Trump, wrote in an email released by the committee that she would be skipping a meeting that included many proponents of a "herd immunity" response to the pandemic.

"I can't be part of this with these people who believe in herd immunity," Birx wrote in an August 2020 email to Marc Short, then the chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence. "They are a fringe group without grounding in epidemics, public health or on the ground common sense experience."

The report also found that Trump administration officials "neglected the pandemic response to focus on the 2020 presidential election and promote the Big Lie that the election results were fraudulent."

"The narrow focus on campaigning 'took people's time away from and distracted them away from the pandemic,'" read the committee's summary of Birx's remarks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-trump-administration-made-deliberate-efforts-to-undermine-the-nation-s-coronavirus-response-for-political-purposes-report-finds/ar-AARV5QT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2021, 02:53:24 am »
There were 36,399 US traffic deaths in 1960.

Next comparison, please?

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2021, 06:20:23 am »
There were 36,399 US traffic deaths in 1960.

Next comparison, please?
Again, we were comparing death rate amongst healthy individuals under 55 vs. driving deaths, not raw death totals for purposes of risk assessment for said individuals. This was why deaths/100k was used. The overwhelming majority of deaths are in old people with comorbidities.

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2021, 10:49:09 pm »
Again, we were comparing death rate amongst healthy individuals under 55 vs. driving deaths, not raw death totals for purposes of risk assessment for said individuals. This was why deaths/100k was used. The overwhelming majority of deaths are in old people with comorbidities.

The big issue I have with the “comorbidity” argument is that many are latent.