• Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
Re: Boosters available Wednesday!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 05:00:28 pm »
Hilarious.

The vaccines don't work.
1. They clearly don't prevent re-infection.
2. They don't reduce the infection rate compared to the vaccinated.
3. They DO reduce the mortality rate and hospitalization rate.

So, personally they help but socially we shouldn't g.a.f. what they choose (jab or no jab).

Wear your dang mask and social distance 2 meters. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 05:02:07 pm by VanIslander »

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 11:14:23 pm »
Hey man. Jab baby jab!

If you want to throw money at big pharma every sixth months..

Revealed: How Pfizer blackmails countries for shots
Pfizer can stop countries from speaking about contracts, block vaccine donations, unilaterally change delivery schedules & demand public assets as collateral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYIJxoh7gqw

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 11:33:43 pm »
There are many brands, not just Pfizer. No one has a monopoly.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 01:11:23 am »
I've already signed up for mine, scheduled for the end of January.

I had a hard time scheduling my initial vaccinations (both first and second shots), had to get help from someone using a workaround.

But this time it was super smooth, I didn't have any issues at all. Seems like they ironed out some of the issues from before.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 02:04:06 am »
I feel pretty good, actually.  :azn: Reminds me of when I had to get flu boosters every year back in school.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 04:49:37 am »
Less than half of Russians are vaccinated, 60% of Americans, under two-thirds of the usually long-living Swiss.

But Japan and England lead the world. What gives? (Will they go to the dentist now?)

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021, 07:17:29 am »
But Japan and England lead the world. What gives? (Will they go to the dentist now?)

Aaaaakshully...

Interestingly, that the British have poor dental hygiene when compared to others (ie Americans) is a bit outdated (it was true back in the 70s and 80s).
https://grin.deltadentalins.com/archive/2018/summer/2-word-answers-british-teeth-vs-american-teeth/

One of the contributing factors to this stereotype might be that Americans are on average *slightly* more likely to do aesthetic treatments that are unrelated to dental health such as whitening and bleaching.

When looking purely at tooth health, the UK is actually better off, with the numbers in a congregate study showing that the average number of missing teeth for English participants is at 6.97, but 7.31 for North Americans.

:wink:

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 01:49:14 pm »
Yay.  I will wait for it with glee and anticipation.  I really can't wait for the 4th and 5th shot too.....

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2021, 04:57:30 pm »
1. They clearly don't prevent re-infection.
2. They don't reduce the infection rate compared to the vaccinated.
3. They DO reduce the mortality rate and hospitalization rate.

So, personally they help but socially we shouldn't g.a.f. what they choose (jab or no jab).

Wear your dang mask and social distance 2 meters. Thank you.
Bs.
Everything they have said was a lie so I don’t know why you believe this.
Look at the populations where they are vaccinated and when they got vaccinated and things seem to have gotten worse after vaccination.  It’s called pathogenic priming….

“Over a period of seven months preceding October 2021, some 60 percent of those 2,542 Brits who died from COVID were double vaccinated. Of people hospitalized in the UK for COVID in the last seven months, 157,000 were double-vaccinated.52 There were more per capita deaths among the “fully” vaccinated than the unvaccinated.53 The UK government’s latest Office for National Statistics report on mortality rates by COVID vaccination status shows that for age-adjusted mortality rate, the death rate by October 2021 was higher among the vaccinated than the unvaccinated.54“
Bonzai!

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 05:01:03 pm »
The unvaccinated might also include those with only one jab. So someone who dies and just had one jab is listed as unvaccinated. 
The Pfizer 6 month trial was a friggin joke. 

In Israel, an increase in hospitalizations accompanied the epidemic’s ferocious resumption. The vaccinated represented the majority of those hospitalized. By the end of July, some 71 percent of the 118 seriously and critically ill Israelis were fully vaccinated! This proportion of seriously ill people vaccinated is much higher than the proportion of fully vaccinated people: 61 percent. According to Israel’s official report, August deaths were more frequent among fully vaccinated patients (679) than among non-vaccinated patients (390), belying official claims of a protective effect of the vaccine against dying. On August 5, 2021, Dr. Kobi Haviv, director of the Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem, reported on Channel 13 News that 95 percent of severely ill COVID-19 patients are fully vaccinated, and that vaccinated Israelis make up 85 percent to 90 percent of COVID-related hospitalizations overall.57 As the doubly vaccinated overwhelmed Israeli hospitals, the government announced in August a new plan for coping with its “Pandemic of the Vaccinated.” Israel said it will “update” its definition of “full vaccination” to require three, or even four, injections. “We are updating what it means to be vaccinated,” said Israel’s COVID czar, Salman Zarka.“
Bonzai!

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 06:46:00 pm »
The unvaccinated might also include those with only one jab. So someone who dies and just had one jab is listed as unvaccinated. 

In Israel, an increase in hospitalizations accompanied the epidemic’s ferocious resumption. The vaccinated represented the majority of those hospitalized. By the end of July, some 71 percent of the 118 seriously and critically ill Israelis were fully vaccinated! This proportion of seriously ill people vaccinated is much higher than the proportion of fully vaccinated people: 61 percent. According to Israel’s official report, August deaths were more frequent among fully vaccinated patients (679) than among non-vaccinated patients (390), belying official claims of a protective effect of the vaccine against dying. On August 5, 2021, Dr. Kobi Haviv, director of the Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem, reported on Channel 13 News that 95 percent of severely ill COVID-19 patients are fully vaccinated, and that vaccinated Israelis make up 85 percent to 90 percent of COVID-related hospitalizations overall.57 As the doubly vaccinated overwhelmed Israeli hospitals, the government announced in August a new plan for coping with its “Pandemic of the Vaccinated.” Israel said it will “update” its definition of “full vaccination” to require three, or even four, injections. “We are updating what it means to be vaccinated,” said Israel’s COVID czar, Salman Zarka.“

Source?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2021, 06:59:56 pm »

Meanwhile, in the sourced news, we have this, albeit a couple of months later:

The number of patients hospitalized in serious condition due to the coronavirus dropped to 460 on Friday, the lowest recorded number in nearly two months.
Of those patients, 349 were unvaccinated, 68 received only two of the three vaccine doses, and 29 patients had received all three shots.
- https://www.timesofisrael.com/serious-covid-cases-hit-lowest-rate-in-nearly-2-months-most-are-unvaccinated/

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 07:10:45 pm »
Now look at those numbers in terms of the population they represent. 349 people from 30% of the population compared to 97 people from a 70% group.

Edit: corrected vaccine uptake %
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:56:22 am by JNM »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 07:31:17 pm »
Now look at those numbers in terms of the population they represent. 349 people from 10%(?)  of the population compared to 97 people from a 90% group.

Yeah, I didn't think about really needing to point out the huge vulnerability of the unvaccinated in those stats, but I didn't consider the person I was responding to.  But, tbh, he is impervious to facts and logic. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2021, 07:34:46 am »
Source?
Looks like he's quoting from a book called "The Real Anthoy Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public health, writter by Robert F. Kennedy Jr (a prominent anti-vaxxer and an ardent promoter of the vaccine-autism link).

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2021, 09:01:27 am »
If Omicron is as mild as is cautiously being suggested, i.e. flu or below like levels of mortality, then the best thing we could do is NOT fight it and let it run rampant and become the dominant strain and hopefully replace Delta.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2021, 09:50:52 am »
I should start quoting more often so that my posts have context if the post I'm responding to gets deleted. :/

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 12:38:31 pm »
Reminder: if you have properly sourced information, or are expressing an opinion, that's great!
But please post unsubstantiated anti-vaxx conspiracy theories elsewhere.