Read 830 times

• njarlson
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2021, 07:33:45 am
    • South Korea
Suggestions for last lesson
« on: December 08, 2021, 12:11:15 pm »
Hi all,

I'm going to be leaving my current school after being here for 3 years, so I'd like to do something special for my very last lesson with these students after working with them for so long. I'll be doing a Christmas lesson, and then I have one more lesson after that. I don't want to just put on a movie, I was hoping to be able to play a fun and special game or something. Problem is, of course, I can't think of anything that would set this lesson apart. I'm completely drawing a blank of what I could do outside of things that I've already done with them, so that's why I'm here, humbly asking for your suggestions

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Suggestions for last lesson
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 02:13:04 pm »
Do a New Year lesson. Make goals for the coming year. Bring a guitar or keyboard to class. Sing Auld Lang Syne.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 02:57:49 pm »
A jeopardy year end book lesson review. 

In Elementary teachers usually don't allow a movie?  Middle school no problem. 

Find some non textbook lessons from here and edit it to fit your kids. 

Check the story ppts.  Can read some books to them too.
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 03:04:07 pm »
Here's a couple ideas:

- Do a cooking class (make smores, or (non-alcoholic lol) eggnog, or cookies, or something)
- Do something with online content requiring that the kids use their phones (ie set up a fun Kahoot quiz)
- Do a Christmas themed scavenger hunt. Keep it in the class if your kids are a bit, uh, boisterous, or out in the school ground if they're better behaved.
- Do something crafty. Make snowflakes, or have them build a christmas scene out of layers of construction paper, or the a snowman out of plasticine. Make it a contest with student judges and prizes!
- Do a "Scene It" game. Multiple  short  (less than a minute) Christmas themed videos, and students race to write the answers them, winning stickers or something.
- Christmas themed skits.
- Christmas themed Madlibs