Read 4788 times

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Accused of moving here to have sex with Koreans?
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2021, 09:51:03 am »
Women are more picky. At least 80% of men are rated below-average looking by women.

I was going to say ok cupid was better.  But maybe not.  Ha ha.  Men get a bad rap for being shallow but it looks like women are too and more.  (Of course I could have told anyone that years ago.)

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2021, 09:58:36 am »
Meeting people in real life is better. Why? Online women are showered with attention, making them more stuck up and entitled. There’s also a high chance of them looking worse than their pictures because of angles, filters, and old photos.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2021, 10:04:00 am »
Meeting people in real life is better. Why? Online women are showered with attention, making them more stuck up and entitled. There’s also a high chance of them looking worse than their pictures because of angles, filters, and old photos.

I think you hit the nail on the head. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2021, 10:08:57 am »
are the online women not the same as the ones in real life? i think most people are 'online' to some degree these days. i mean i agree that meeting people out in the world is better, but not because it's a different group of people
more gg more skill

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2021, 10:17:22 am »
How many women have never been on a dating app and thus haven’t had their ego boosted to the sky? A lot, hopefully. At least a sizable amount… hopefully. I heard from multiple sources about women going to Tinder just to get the attention with no intention of ever meeting anyone. Like, wtf. You just want to hear you’re beautiful? What’s the point of that?

What percentage of women haven’t been on TikTok or Instagram - a place where they get admiration from both men and women… It’s shrinking… but still sizable… maybe?

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2021, 10:21:58 am »
are the online women not the same as the ones in real life? i think most people are 'online' to some degree these days. i mean i agree that meeting people out in the world is better, but not because it's a different group of people

i mean theres a distinction between "online regular" internet user and terminally online tiktok/insta kid. of course this is only accelerated due to covid but i know people whose entire life basically takes place on social media/discord/etc. for better or worse its easier than ever to farm attention without even needing to leave the house

id assume that sort of behavior isnt as prevalent on dating apps but i'm sure there are some users who just use tinder and the like to funnel people towards their various social media accounts
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 10:23:38 am by 745sticky »

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2021, 11:02:14 am »
You guys, c'mon. It didn't take much for some of you to start taking things down a super judgmental and misogynistic path.

First, men don't put as much care into the way they look as women do. So of course perceptions between the two groups is going to be different. A lot of men would experience a 2-3 level jump up in attractiveness if they'd just learn how to ****** dress themselves and style their hair in a way that's actually flattering to their face.

Second, while it might be a thing for women to rate men lower on average, that does NOT mean that they don't give them a chance. Look at all of the ugly men dating or married to attractive women, lol. How often do you see this the other way around? Women are far more likely to overlook physical flaws than men are, and are also more likely to find someone more attractive when that person exudes other positive qualities (good sense of humor, empathy, emotional intelligence, confidence with humility, etc.).

Third, it's really, really clear that you guys absolutely do not have close gal pals. If you did, you'd know what a shitshow dating (especially online dating) is for women and how often they get guys who swipe on them just to tell them how ugly and unattractive they are, or how ****** creepy and entitled so many of them are right off the bat. I had a guy who cursed me out and kept telling me how much of a whore I was just because I wouldn't tell him where I lived. That was day 1 on Tinder. I gave up after day 3. And do you really think that all of things you're criticizing about women on dating apps is exclusive to women? Filters, ego-boosting, catfishes, stuck up attitudes? It's hell just trying to find someone who's legitimately single and not trying to cheat on his girlfriend or wife.

Don't forget that women are people, too. Dating is not any more easy for us as it is for you. It's hard for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 01:10:44 pm by Chinguetti »

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2021, 11:58:42 am »
We need a hangook and LI dating advice thread. Maybe they can chronicle some of their experiences and let the singles learn from their mistakes.
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. That’s the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me I’m the smartest person they’ve ever met...Those accusing me of lacking intellect are ironically less intelligent than me. And by quite a bit. Statistically, virtually everyone is." - LI

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2021, 12:02:13 pm »
Meet people in person rather than via Tinder is our advice. Which is sound. Anyone disagree?

What are your experiences of online/apps vs in person?
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. That’s the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me I’m the smartest person they’ve ever met...Those accusing me of lacking intellect are ironically less intelligent than me. And by quite a bit. Statistically, virtually everyone is." - LI

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2021, 12:08:59 pm »
what if you meet someone online and then meet them in person

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2021, 12:11:27 pm »
what if you meet someone in person and then online
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2021, 12:13:38 pm »

oh so you mean like when we hit it off but then she finds my esoteric twitter shitpost account?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2021, 12:26:43 pm »
link me, dude

i met someone in real life and then matched with them on tinder as i was on the plane to leave - @GloobsWhoAreDownBad
more gg more skill

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2021, 12:28:11 pm »
what if you meet someone online and then meet them in person

I know you're being facetious but for the sake of certain others:

Yeah, people connect online, then if they feel like there's enough chemistry between them they meet up in real life. That's the point of dating apps. With that being said, though, my brother met up with his best gaming pal last year, lol. He's been playing with this guy for something like 5 years, and after spending a week together irl he's apparently now going to be attending the guy's wedding next year, haha.

Anyway, people use dating apps to expand their dating pools. That's especially necessary for certain groups of people who live in places where that dating pool is a lot smaller. Imagine living in a town where you're the only foreigner, and the only people who approach you either want sex or free English lessons and they absolutely do not see you as a serious dating option. One of my friends lives out in the boonies where the population is mostly people in their 60s or older, lol. Dating apps is how she expands her horizons and finds potential matches that wouldn't otherwise exist for her.

Like finding their instagrams or FB accounts, then spam liking all of their pictures?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 01:01:27 pm by Chinguetti »

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2021, 12:53:35 pm »
This post is a goldmine
Dating sites in general are not useful unless you live in a big city or are going there all the time.  But tinder is whack ass. (I got no action on tinder, it's their fault) I attract women in person here and in the west. (Weird phrasing that also shows lack of action)  I even attracted them on date sites, (again notice the lack of action- i.e. 'attracted', not 'dated' or 'hooked up with' but here (well Korea and Japan anyways) silence mostly.  When I first got here years ago, I meant.  Tried the online dating (UB Love).  Though I honestly didn't feel like trekking to Seoul every weekend anyways. (Rationalizing Failure) Seems many women I dated back then had lots of annoying cultural behaviors. (Again, blaming the women and not himself)  (Most of the dating was in person and not online.  Online didn't really work here.)  I find many local women nowadays to be more western minded in many ways.   (Again, lashes out with subtle dig at women who rejected him), comparing "local" to "Seoul")

I tried Tinder during covid.  That was mostly a waste of time.  Korean and Japanese women take on some weird biatchy persona online. (Again, lashes out in rejection, blames others) Got lots of interest from the other Asian countries (including the rich ones and girls with good jobs so not just poor girls wanting a rich country guy). (Notice how he phrases it "Asian Countries" and not "Women from X", somehow in his mind, the COUNTRY is attracted to him)  I attract women in person. (Again, the passive, no action portrayal of his romantic life) So, anyhow, don't take it personally.  (Clearly takes it personally)Try Ok Cupid or any other if you are going that route.

• UriNara
  • Adventurer

• October 17, 2017, 04:25:15 am
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2021, 12:58:48 pm »
Korean women are not poor anymore. Losers back home can not get them anymore.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2021, 03:43:14 pm »
Korean women are not poor anymore. Losers back home can not get them anymore.

Man, you seem wise and really cool.

Wish I could buy you a beer.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2021, 04:55:12 pm »
Man, you seem wise and really cool.

Wish I could buy you a beer.
Hook up guys. Become besties or just share a night of boozin'.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2021, 06:59:25 pm »
You guys, c'mon. It didn't take much for some of you to start taking things down a super judgmental and misogynistic path.

First, men don't put as much care into the way they look as women do. So of course perceptions between the two groups is going to be different. A lot of men would experience a 2-3 level jump up in attractiveness if they'd just learn how to ****** dress themselves and style their hair in a way that's actually flattering to their face.

Second, while it might be a thing for women to rate men lower on average, that does NOT mean that they don't give them a chance. Look at all of the ugly men dating or married to attractive women, lol. How often do you see this the other way around? Women are far more likely to overlook physical flaws than men are, and are also more likely to find someone more attractive when that person exudes other positive qualities (good sense of humor, empathy, emotional intelligence, confidence with humility, etc.).

Third, it's really, really clear that you guys absolutely do not have close gal pals. If you did, you'd know what a shitshow dating (especially online dating) is for women and how often they get guys who swipe on them just to tell them how ugly and unattractive they are, or how ****** creepy and entitled so many of them are right off the bat. I had a guy who cursed me out and kept telling me how much of a whore I was just because I wouldn't tell him where I lived. That was day 1 on Tinder. I gave up after day 3. And do you really think that all of things you're criticizing about women on dating apps is exclusive to women? Filters, ego-boosting, catfishes, stuck up attitudes? It's hell just trying to find someone who's legitimately single and not trying to cheat on his girlfriend or wife.

Don't forget that women are people, too. Dating is not any more easy for us as it is for you. It's hard for everyone.

Ugly men dating beautiful women = men have money

You don't see it the other way around because of a lack of money.

Women are the shallow ones.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2021, 07:11:11 pm »
Ugly men dating beautiful women = men have money

You don't see it the other way around because of a lack of money.

Women are the shallow ones.
Listen to yourself.

Women can get money by putting a small body part inside for 60-360 seconds, usually barriered by a prophylactic.

Be jealous about a Saran-wrapped pinky finger put into your gal's ear?

Men are MOST willing to have sex for money. Men aren't in the shallow end, they are on the beach begging to get into the water.

The power isn't with the money but with what you would pay for it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 07:17:09 pm by VanIslander »