Read 4798 times

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
Re: Accused of moving here to have sex with Koreans?
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2021, 02:23:24 pm »
When I first arrived in Korea in September 2005, the Principal of the school I worked at told me upon meeting me the very first day that Korean women were not to be dated.
Wow.

I had a Korean friend who always wanted to do the 3-stop dinner, drinks, singing room but shooed away women at every turn, even when i was interested. He was either gay or ****blocking, i concluded.

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2021, 02:26:51 pm »
You seem to be making the accusations.  But as of 2015 (when you posted this) and especially before, you really did not see white women and Korean men all that often.  More so since then. 
Right, but they weren't that uncommon in 2015.

The point was that underneath the surface, amongst us there are a few with some ajosshi-y attitudes in the other direction. Not to mention that there might have also been some prejudice in the other direction towards Koreans that thankfully is fading, much as Koreans are becoming less prickish about foreigners dating Koreans.

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2021, 02:30:03 pm »
When I first arrived in Korea in September 2005, the Principal of the school I worked at told me upon meeting me the very first day that Korean women were not to be dated.
2005- Korean women are not to be dated- Principal being racist asshole to poor foreigner.
2021- Korean women are not to be dated- Principal trying to spare poor foreigner from endless pleas by girlfriend for selfies, couple outfits, instagramming, shopping purchases, kakao interruptions. domineering and possessive behavior and eventual heartbreak and jadedness.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:32:45 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2021, 03:21:45 pm »
2021- Korean women are not to be dated- Principal trying to spare poor foreigner from endless pleas by girlfriend for selfies, couple outfits, instagramming, shopping purchases, kakao interruptions. domineering and possessive behavior and eventual heartbreak and jadedness.

my principal didn't bless me with that level of sympathy, all i got for like my first few months was why don't i have a girlfriend/don't you like korean women? maybe someday i'll make like the military men and rush to tinder, but for now i still have an allergic reaction to dating apps.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2021, 07:40:17 am »
yeah dude better stay off tinder or else you might find yourself in a beautiful motel with a beautiful companionand you may ask yourself, "well, how did i get here?"

and, as plan b said, "who knows what sick things will go in there"

more gg more skill

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2021, 07:51:09 am »
yeah dude better stay off tinder or else you might find yourself in a beautiful motel with a beautiful companionand you may ask yourself, "well, how did i get here?"

and, as plan b said, "who knows what sick things will go in there"

and you may tell yourself, "this is not my beautiful motel" 
and you may tell yourself, "this is not my beautiful companion"
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. Thatís the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me Iím the smartest person theyíve ever met...Those accusing me of lacking intellect are ironically less intelligent than me. And by quite a bit. Statistically, virtually everyone is." - LI

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2021, 07:53:09 am »
Look at the stat at the beginning of this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilG3_nWlU3I

Women swipe left on 95% of guys.

Because they have endless options on there, they are extremely selective.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2021, 07:56:18 am »
and you may tell yourself, "this is not my beautiful motel" 
and you may tell yourself, "this is not my beautiful companion"

dude is down bad
more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2021, 07:57:31 am »

Closest I came to that was having this racist old principal who actually spoke English.  She was right around the retirement age from what I could tell.  One female subject middle school teacher sat across from me in the cafeteria and the principal made her change seats right in front of me and gave me disapproving looks.  I was so pissed off, I pushed my dinner tray down hard on the table and got up and walked away.  I remembered before that I even tried to speak to her in Korean a couple of times at which point she snapped at me to speak English.  (I mean how dare a foreigner try to speak her language and pollute it.)  Anyways, I think I gave her scowling looks the rest of the semester.  Thankfully, the teachers there themselves actually liked me and my renewal papers were already signed.  Memories of the bigotry here.  (Also memories of K chicks with weird ass behaviors too.)

At that time, the education office changed our schools every semester and it was towards the end of the semester.  So, I didn't push it much further.  (I was tempted to go complain about her racist attitude towards me and stir it up.)  This was years ago.  If it had of kept up, I wouldn't still be here now.  Prior to this, when I lived in the country, the schools sent me home early.  So, I never had to deal with it.  It's funny though, my schools got pretty decent soon after this. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2021, 08:01:24 am »
Making matters worse, there are way more men than women there.

https://www.netimperative.com/2019/04/05/online-dating-trends-men-outnumber-women-on-tinder-by-9-to-1-while-grinder-wins-for-age-diversity/amp/

Apps where men donít hugely outnumber women are Instagram and TikTok.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2021, 08:04:08 am »
One female subject middle school teacher sat across from me in the cafeteria and the principal made her change seats right in front of me and gave me disapproving looks.

i had kind of the opposite happen. i sat next to the counseling teacher at a 회식 and the vice principal sitting next to me said "she's the prettiest teacher in our school. and she's single" which was super weird and creepy but uhhhh better than "you get away from her, reeee!!" ...maybe? maybe not... it was suuuuuper creepy
more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2021, 08:31:18 am »

Dating sites in general are not useful unless you live in a big city or are going there all the time.  But tinder is whack ass.  I attract women in person here and in the west.  I even attracted them on date sites, but here (well Korea and Japan anyways) silence mostly.  When I first got here years ago, I meant.  Tried the online dating (UB Love).  Though I honestly didn't feel like trekking to Seoul every weekend anyways.  Seems many women I dated back then had lots of annoying cultural behaviors.   (Most of the dating was in person and not online.  Online didn't really work here.)  I find many local women nowadays to be more western minded in many ways.   

I tried Tinder during covid.  That was mostly a waste of time.  Korean and Japanese women take on some weird biatchy persona online.  Got lots of interest from the other Asian countries (including the rich ones and girls with good jobs so not just poor girls wanting a rich country guy).  I attract women in person.  So, anyhow, don't take it personally.  Try Ok Cupid or any other if you are going that route. 

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2021, 08:33:21 am »
i had kind of the opposite happen. i sat next to the counseling teacher at a 회식 and the vice principal sitting next to me said "she's the prettiest teacher in our school. and she's single" which was super weird and creepy but uhhhh better than "you get away from her, reeee!!" ...maybe? maybe not... it was suuuuuper creepy

In the years since, I have had some hinting like that too.  Similar set up situations.  Though I wasn't attracted to them. 

If she was quite pretty, you should have gone for it.  (If she wasn't and the principal thought she was.  Well, that's different.) 

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2021, 08:41:33 am »
I tried Tinder during covid.  That was mostly a waste of time.  Korean and Japanese women take on some weird biatchy persona online.  Got lots of interest from the other Asian countries (including the rich ones and girls with good jobs so not just poor girls wanting a rich country guy).  I attract women in person.  So, anyhow, don't take it personally.  Try Ok Cupid or any other if you are going that route.

You need to put that in your Tinder profile. "I'm better in person. I promise"
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. Thatís the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me Iím the smartest person theyíve ever met...Those accusing me of lacking intellect are ironically less intelligent than me. And by quite a bit. Statistically, virtually everyone is." - LI

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2021, 08:48:54 am »
You need to put that in your Tinder profile. "I'm better in person. I promise"

If I ever make another Tinder maybe I should.  Weird, anyways.  I dropped it once the 6 month membership expired. 

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2021, 08:57:29 am »

Women are more picky. At least 80% of men are rated below-average looking by women.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2021, 09:16:07 am »
"I'd tap that."

Men have lower standards.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2021, 09:21:01 am »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2021, 09:26:36 am »
whyd the picture change :shocked:

You caught that? haha The picture, at present, is way better. More lively.