Read 3214 times

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
CNN fires Chris Cuomo, effective immediately.
« on: December 06, 2021, 07:52:34 am »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/chris-cuomo-cnn-fired-democrat/2021/12/04/id/1047346/

CNN fires Chris Cuomo, effective immediately.

Well, it couldn't have happened to a NICER guy....

(CNN has new ownership.  I suspect they are cleaning house.)
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: CNN fires Chris Cuomo, effective immediately.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 12:04:30 pm »
+1
Good to know that it's still possible to fire high profile people for misconduct.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 12:11:00 pm »
Fired him for helping his brother.  Can’t  take family over the comrades.   And he’s white and male, a complete tool, but despite being their most profitable anchor had to skidattle. 
Bonzai!

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 12:16:06 pm »
Yep.

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 03:38:52 pm »
Honestly, I don’t know too many men in their 50s who wouldn’t have crossed the line* at least once in their career.

*today’s line; not the line that existed at the time.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 11:08:12 pm »
I was surprised to learn he was CNN's top-rated anchor. I never cared for his schtick.

Given what's come out about him, I think he'd be a natural for Fox.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 07:51:47 am »
good

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 01:22:06 pm »
I was surprised to learn he was CNN's top-rated anchor. I never cared for his schtick.

His politics would fit at FOX?  Though some traitors are at FOX quick to throw 45 under the bus.  So, his whole Orange Man Bad rants might be welcome to some over there.  (Hannity, Carlson, and the Judge are the only ones left over there.  Otherwise, the others are fakers and takers.)  Newsmax, any number of YouTube or Rumble channels are where I get news now. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 01:56:51 pm »
I suspect that gogators! is not referring to the CNN guy's politics, hangook.

Either way, it's a breath of fresh air to see journalistic integrity being upheld, regardless of which side of the political spectrum it affects (honestly, why does media even have a political bias?). I hope that this becomes a trend!

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 02:04:05 pm »
I suspect that gogators! is not referring to the CNN guy's politics, hangook.

Either way, it's a breath of fresh air to see journalistic integrity being upheld, regardless of which side of the political spectrum it affects (honestly, why does media even have a political bias?). I hope that this becomes a trend!

CNN has new ownership I did read and he did want to get it back to investigative journalism.  No more of this woke whining where they don't do any true investigative reporting.  I suspect the others will either be out of work over the next year or they will have to shape up in order to stay.  Most media regardless of your politics are spouting off certain biases but are still globalist owned conglomerates owned by the same investors who are into big tech, big pharma, and many others.  So, they will still have certain narratives. 

I agree media should not have a political bias.  But they all do.  Either subtly or overwhelming in your face. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 02:10:30 pm »
We live in an imperfect world.  :sad:

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 02:13:34 pm »

Kind of a weird take. Dude was one of CNN's top anchors while this stuff was going on, yet somehow this is indicative of behavior at FOXNews???

The lesson should be that if you think this kind of stuff only goes on at FOX, you should guess again, not that this guy is a perfect fit for FOX.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 02:46:47 pm »
We live in an imperfect world.  :sad:

That we surely do. 

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 05:20:59 am »
Kind of a weird take. Dude was one of CNN's top anchors while this stuff was going on, yet somehow this is indicative of behavior at FOXNews???

The lesson should be that if you think this kind of stuff only goes on at FOX, you should guess again, not that this guy is a perfect fit for FOX.
CNN canned him. Fox paid millions to buy off those who had been sexually abused. It wasn't until the complaints could no longer be swept under the rug that they got rid of miscreants like O'Reilly.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 07:42:39 am »
It wasn't until the complaints could no longer be swept under the rug

same could be said of CNN and cuomo, they were holding on to him until leadership changed and evidently brought some standards with them

i think they also gave that dude who got caught jacking it during a work zoom meeting his job back too. (tubin or something? however his name is spelt) admittedly the seriousness of it is a bit downplayed by how bizarre/goofy the whole situation was but should still be a fire-able offense imho
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 07:44:54 am by 745sticky »

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 03:04:43 pm »
CNN canned him. Fox paid millions to buy off those who had been sexually abused. It wasn't until the complaints could no longer be swept under the rug that they got rid of miscreants like O'Reilly.

Put them all in a pot and shake them up and stir.  Same old bs no matter how you spin.  All globalist slime.  Corporatist crap. 

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 01:24:40 am »
same could be said of CNN and cuomo, they were holding on to him until leadership changed and evidently brought some standards with them

i think they also gave that dude who got caught jacking it during a work zoom meeting his job back too. (tubin or something? however his name is spelt) admittedly the seriousness of it is a bit downplayed by how bizarre/goofy the whole situation was but should still be a fire-able offense imho
Yeah, I was surprised to see Toobin back. I don't know what if anything CNN require him to do in his 8 months off the air. He said; Toobin said he has spent his "miserable months" off-air "trying to be a better person."
He mentioned "therapy;" public service like working a food bank; and a forthcoming book about the Oklahoma City bombing.

What "therapy" means is anyone's guess.

I guess CNN figure he had gotten it out of his system. Or at least out.

As for Cuomo, it seems to have happened pretty quickly:
"CNN fired anchor Chris Cuomo on Saturday less than a week after new information emerged about how he assisted his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, as the politician faced sexual harassment allegations earlier this year.

A new allegation of sexual harassment against Chris Cuomo emerged just days before CNN announced it was firing the anchor. Attorney Debra Katz said Sunday her client was the victim of “serious sexual misconduct” by Mr. Cuomo and that she had contacted CNN about the woman’s allegations on Wednesday."

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2021, 09:49:35 am »
the cynical side of me says that they only fired him because the new information made it pretty hard to defend. at the end of the day he's out either way, so all's well that ends well. although unfortunately there are a lot of chris cuomos out there across every industry, i'm sure the people we've seen outed so far are only just a fraction.

• plan b
  • Super Waygook

• March 22, 2013, 11:53:06 am
    • Korea
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2021, 10:12:16 am »
They also canned his Sirius XM show ;D
I'm sure he'll have his own podcast soon though..and lefties will rejoice.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2021, 10:47:25 am »
Hopefully not, in both respects.