Read 1129 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Chewing Gum-flavored Juicy Fresh Beer
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2021, 06:30:09 pm »
Mayor Haggar, do you ever have anything to contribute ever?

"This sucks, and you suck and everyone is dumb. This is all crap" is basically all I ever hear from you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:11:50 pm by VanIslander »

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2021, 06:44:04 pm »
You do have to wonder if someone took Cass and slapped a "Bear Paw Brewery Summer Crisp Lager" label on it, if all of a sudden people would be like "this is a nice refreshing beer for summer days. Unpretentious but with surprising depth." Likewise if someone just took a bunch of IPAs and switched the labels.  It's like the old vodka blind taste test.

I dunno, I can't place the moment I kind of relaxed on the Craft Beer thing, but at some point I just stopped giving a shit. Maybe it was when I was at some place and either drinking a "craft" beer they brewed or some craft in a bottle and realized I would have just been happier with a San Mig or a Dos Equis.

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2021, 07:29:17 pm »
You do have to wonder if someone took Cass and slapped a "Bear Paw Brewery Summer Crisp Lager" label on it, if all of a sudden people would be like "this is a nice refreshing beer for summer days. Unpretentious but with surprising depth." Likewise if someone just took a bunch of IPAs and switched the labels.  It's like the old vodka blind taste test.

No.

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2021, 07:42:39 pm »
No.
Everything we know from science about human perception, bias, decision-making, etc. says "yes" for the vast majority.

Maybe Craft Summer Craft Crisp Lager might be a bridge too far for a majority, but it could well blend in with a generic American beer. Wouldn't be mistaken for anything truly good but could probably pull off one level above swill.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2021, 08:00:35 pm »
Stella Artois is the Belgian lager that is the #1 seller in Europe.

The German Beck's is the most popular in Germany.

I've heard fellow Canadians pan both in favor of brands from our country.

My dad and his friends used to hear the word "beer" and let their taste buds decide. Then stfu and drink or find another brew.

This though is a new century.

Last century a man was judged negatively if he didn't drink beer. This century he is judged if he drinks beer (by some) and if he drinks the "wrong" kind of beer (by others).

The world is slowly going mad...

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2021, 08:35:34 pm »
Stella Artois is the Belgian lager that is the #1 seller in Europe.

The German Beck's is the most popular in Germany.

I've heard fellow Canadians pan both in favor of brands from our country.

My dad and his friends used to hear the word "beer" and let their taste buds decide. Then stfu and drink or find another brew.

This though is a new century.

Last century a man was judged negatively if he didn't drink beer. This century he is judged if he drinks beer (by some) and if he drinks the "wrong" kind of beer (by others).

The world is slowly going mad...

Yes, this subject has no conclusion. It is all subjective. I have a friend that
lives in Jex, France. He has hundreds of bottles of wine in his cellar. He thinks
hoppy IPAs are a fad. I couldn't disagree more, but his wine tastes pretty
much the same to me. I wouldn't tell him that, of course. However he can
come up with some wine/cheese combinations that are amazing. I suppose
Cass is good if your mouth is burning from dalk-galbi. Which is also amazing.

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2021, 04:51:57 am »
Mayor Haggar, do you ever have anything to contribute ever?

"This sucks, and you suck and everyone is dumb. This is all crap" is basically all I ever hear from you.

At least Gordon Ramsay got paid to white knight for the worst beer in the world.

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2021, 10:17:27 am »
At least Gordon Ramsay got paid to white knight for the worst beer in the world.
No chance he legit thinks what he said and actually did drink it during his time eating Korean food in Korea and came to the conclusion other people have- Which is it DOES work pretty well with spicy food/Korean BBQ when you're eating. Bad on it's own, but lots of "good" beers don't really work with certain meals. The point of a meal is the food, not the beer.

And dude, seriously, no way Cass is worse than Blatz or Busch Light.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2021, 05:25:09 pm »
To be clear: No way would the most famous chef ever pimp a cheap "average-at-best" wine. The French would roast him alive.

But beer? ... Have at it. It's like promoting bubble gum or tires.