Read 3073 times

Re: Korea to join EU Digital COVID Certificate system
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2021, 09:06:17 am »
Alright, one of the elephants in the room needs to be discussed- The fact that Korea now has something like a 90% double vax rate, that was completed relatively recently and thus should have comparatively strong immunity, and is seeing a dramatic rise in both cases (which is whatever) AND serious infections and hospitalizations (and this NOT being Omicron-linked).

This would appear to contradict OR at least raise issues regarding some of the claims that have been made-
1) That herd immunity with X% of people being vaccinated is possible
2) That masks+vaccines will enable a return to normal.

That being said, the fact is that even with these increases, Korea's death and infection numbers are still incredibly low and these would likely register as a mild sneeze back home.

Still, something isn't quite adding up.

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2021, 08:45:19 am »
What is the biggest difference between these two data sets?

Lack of testing.

Harder to hide bodies!

Everyone I know in Egypt has had multiple relatives die due to medical malpractice in the hospital system

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2021, 09:12:02 am »
Alright, one of the elephants in the room needs to be discussed- The fact that Korea now has something like a 90% double vax rate, that was completed relatively recently and thus should have comparatively strong immunity, and is seeing a dramatic rise in both cases (which is whatever) AND serious infections and hospitalizations (and this NOT being Omicron-linked).

This would appear to contradict OR at least raise issues regarding some of the claims that have been made-
1) That herd immunity with X% of people being vaccinated is possible
2) That masks+vaccines will enable a return to normal.

That being said, the fact is that even with these increases, Korea's death and infection numbers are still incredibly low and these would likely register as a mild sneeze back home.

Still, something isn't quite adding up.

90% of adults vaccinated? What about students? A lot of my students are in quarantine because of close contacts with other students who tested positive. Also given, how far, one positive student, could potentially transmit the virus e.g. various subject hagwons and sports clubs, then high student vaccination is the next step forward.

Korea's health system is not set-up to deal with large numbers of critical Covid cases. That is why masks and vaccines are being continually pushed as solutions.

You could also say what's the point of putting patients with mild symptoms in treatment centers as it only continues to burden the health system.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2021, 09:22:54 am »
Everyone I know in Egypt has had multiple relatives die due to medical malpractice in the hospital system
:sad:
Quotes like this remind me how lucky I am to live in a place with a well-functioning medical system.

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2021, 06:58:23 pm »

Yeah.

The difference between the “haves” and “have nots” is very stark here.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2021, 12:30:42 am »
Seems the extremist left like yourself wishes to round up non compliers and force people to get ill with a flawed vaccine.  Ignore the injuries and the hurt people, I guess...
Your hero trump just got the booster.

BTW, no one is rounding anyone up, although that's a popular radical right talking point.