• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
Wow! What a beat down in Virginia.
« on: November 03, 2021, 03:24:00 pm »
The GOP is cleaning house in Virginia. 
Will the democrats tone down their crazy?
I mean they have to be crapping themselves by now.   

"It's a bloodbath", CNN and MSNBC meltdown.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/11/bloodbath-msnbc-cnn-melt-republicans-sweep-virginia-video/

In other news. The New Jersey state senate president (D) is about to lose to a Republican truck driver who spent less than $200 on his campaign. What an amazing story.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:49:30 pm by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Wow! What a beat down in Virginia.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 04:38:02 pm »
Um, ELECTION FRAUD!!1!  THIS ELECTION WAS STOLEN BY THE REPUBS1!!1

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 04:49:56 pm »
Um, ELECTION FRAUD!!1!  THIS ELECTION WAS STOLEN BY THE REPUBS1!!1

Then we must do a forensic audit.  Bring in Jovan Pulitzer.  I want to know,  I want signatures matched and I want to find out how many of these ballots were fraudulent.   I believe you brother.  Let’s make sure that our democracy is credible, so we can still point to totalitarian countries and criticize their fraudulent elections. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 04:56:20 pm by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 06:24:25 pm »
Dead people voted and their numbers were listed as Trump Tower. "Steal the Vote" is still alive in 2021.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 02:39:05 am »
Hey, I would love to audit these elections.  I want to know how many of these votes are illegitimate.
Guess what?  I would still bet that democrats cheated. It looks like they were in the process of doing the same crap, but called it off.  Cold feet?
Bonzai!

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 05:20:31 am »
Education emerged as a flash point in Virginia governor's race.

Concerns about how race is taught in schools brought out voters across Virginia on Election Day, when it emerged as a key reason some residents cast a ballot in the commonwealth’s gubernatorial race between Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Glenn Youngkin.

Youngkin, who defeated the former governor, leaned into parents' anger over education during the campaign, vowing to ban the teaching of critical race theory when he enters office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-virginia-voters-said-race-190629006.html

“What we won’t do is teach our children to view everything through a lens of race, where we divide them into buckets and one group is an oppressor and the other is a victim and we pit them against each other and we steal their dreams,” Youngkin said to a crowd of several thousand,

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 06:07:15 am »
Republicans rode the culture war they continue to stoke to victory.

The irony is that if these parents put half the energy they put into protesting masks and non-existent courses into their children's studies, their children would be getting much better educations. Of course, it's always easier to play the blame game than to take responsibility.

This also plays into republicans long game of ruining public education in efforts to privatize it. Large companies don't set up charter schools out of the goodness of their hearts, no matter how they spin it.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 06:09:01 am »
What are they getting so upset about? CRT is just an obscure legal term originating from academia with no effect on our daily lives. Nothing to see here, move on.

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Vancouver Island
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 06:16:46 am »
CRT is very real.  It's a disgusting view of the world through an extremely broken ideology.

Pushing this shit in university has ruined a generation.  Now all we have are snowflakes.

Pushing this on young kids will have serious repercussions for years to come as parents no longer trust the school boards (and for good reason).  The Virginia school boards made it clear they did not care about parental views unless it supported their political and personal ideology.

The democrats have cried for years about systemic racism.  If you didn't agree, you were a racist.  Say nothing, you were a racist.  Don't say enough, you're a racist.

They claimed medical staff and first responders were heroes when it benefitted them, then vilified and fired them when some did not accept the notion of being forced to take medical treatment.

The democrats are finished...for about 12 years.  Until the next generation that comes does not remember.  I am so ******* glad.

Let's go Brandon!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 06:24:04 am »
CRT is very real.  It's a disgusting view of the world through an extremely broken ideology.

Pushing this shit in university has ruined a generation.  Now all we have are snowflakes.

Pushing this on young kids will have serious repercussions for years to come as parents no longer trust the school boards (and for good reason).  The Virginia school boards made it clear they did not care about parental views unless it supported their political and personal ideology.

The democrats have cried for years about systemic racism.  If you didn't agree, you were a racist.  Say nothing, you were a racist.  Don't say enough, you're a racist.

They claimed medical staff and first responders were heroes when it benefitted them, then vilified and fired them when some did not accept the notion of being forced to take medical treatment.

The democrats are finished...for about 12 years.  Until the next generation that comes does not remember.  I am so ******* glad.

Let's go Brandon!

Some heroes have feet of clay.

Do you want someone tasked with enforcing the law to be someone who refuses to obey it? Maybe, if you feel police who shoot first and ask questions later are the best way to protect the rich, I mean populace.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2021, 06:50:34 am »
This is the attitude that helped the Va race go Republican:

A Florida school board member is facing death threats after chaperoning a field trip to a restaurant.

Sarah Leonardi took an elementary school class to LGBTQ-friendly Rosie's Bar and Grill last week.

Since then, Leonardi has been targeted with vulgar and disturbing abuse online after last week's visit.

Florida school board member Sarah Leonardi found a letter from Grand Rapids, Michigan, in her mailbox on Wednesday.

Curious, she opened it; it was a standard piece of printer paper. A screenshot of an innocuous tweet she posted last week was blown up to fill two-thirds of the paper.

Underneath, the stranger who found her home address had written a warning: "Degenerates like you should be in jail."

The Broward County Public Schools school board official says she's faced death threats as well as disturbing and vulgar harassment after chaperoning a field trip to a popular LGBTQ-friendly community restaurant.

Leonardi last week accompanied students from Wilton Manors Elementary School to Rosie's Bar and Grill, which has hosted the students on field trips for a handful of years.

The trip is organized to help students learn more about interacting with their community and local businesses, Leonardi told Insider.

Parents signed a permission slip, and students even got their own special kids menu to order from which didn't include any of the restaurant's innuendo-laded menu names."

Hate and ignorance are what the repubs are selling. Too many Americans are eager buyers.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2021, 07:19:31 am »

Let's go Brandon!

Yeah i was being a bit ironic as that seems to be the left's standard response to the topic. Either that or they just don't mention it, like gogators. It might have been justified a year or so ago as well.

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2021, 07:24:35 am »
This is the attitude that helped the Va race go Republican:

A Florida school board member is facing death threats after chaperoning a field trip to a restaurant.

Sarah Leonardi took an elementary school class to LGBTQ-friendly Rosie's Bar and Grill last week.

Since then, Leonardi has been targeted with vulgar and disturbing abuse online after last week's visit.

Florida school board member Sarah Leonardi found a letter from Grand Rapids, Michigan, in her mailbox on Wednesday.

Curious, she opened it; it was a standard piece of printer paper. A screenshot of an innocuous tweet she posted last week was blown up to fill two-thirds of the paper.

Underneath, the stranger who found her home address had written a warning: "Degenerates like you should be in jail."

The Broward County Public Schools school board official says she's faced death threats as well as disturbing and vulgar harassment after chaperoning a field trip to a popular LGBTQ-friendly community restaurant.

Leonardi last week accompanied students from Wilton Manors Elementary School to Rosie's Bar and Grill, which has hosted the students on field trips for a handful of years.

The trip is organized to help students learn more about interacting with their community and local businesses, Leonardi told Insider.

Parents signed a permission slip, and students even got their own special kids menu to order from which didn't include any of the restaurant's innuendo-laded menu names."

Hate and ignorance are what the repubs are selling. Too many Americans are eager buyers.

In what world is taking elementary school kids to a gay bar, or any bar come to that, a suitable field trip?  Yeah of course she shouldn't have got death threats, though since everyone and their brother claims this nowadays, i'd like to see actual proof before accepting her story.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 07:29:58 am »
Republicans always do well at selling their vision of hot-button social issues of a white America to their white American (often, uneducated) supporters.

Also, the Dem campaign was very weak. Tying Youngkin to Trump didn't work and the Dem supporters didn't turn out in large enough numbers.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 07:50:40 am »
Also, the Dem campaign was very weak. Tying Youngkin to Trump didn't work and the Dem supporters didn't turn out in large enough numbers.

youngkin was smart enough to skip most of the trump rallies, which probably helped.

not surprised at the results. youngkin brought some heat, mcauliffe brought the same old script. not that i tihnk engaging with republican talking points is a good strategy when its avoidable, but once youngkin managed to make that the focal issue of the campaign you have to adapt somewhat.

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 08:01:30 am »
is critical race theory being taught in schools? i'd love to see some examples

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2021, 08:06:31 am »
youngkin was smart enough to skip most of the trump rallies, which probably helped.

not surprised at the results. youngkin brought some heat, mcauliffe brought the same old script. not that i tihnk engaging with republican talking points is a good strategy when its avoidable, but once youngkin managed to make that the focal issue of the campaign you have to adapt somewhat.

Youngkin also wants to end mask mandates so if Covid infection rates increase, it will be interesting to see if he continues with his election promise.

He also put out critical race theory (which isn't taught in Virginia) to give some red meat to the Republican base and get the race-sensitive Republicans out in droves. His focus on "education" got him a bigger share of the independent/suburban mom vote.

Youngkin was more savvy for sure and TMac ran a Clinton-esque campaign based on Anti-Trump sentiments which the Dem base was tired of after the 2020 election.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2021, 08:08:38 am »

It isn't taught in Virginia but Youngkin knew this but brought it up anyway because once you mention "race" then the Republicans get uber sensitive and paranoid about something that doesn't actually happen.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2021, 08:09:24 am »

Let's go Brandon!

This is all the proof I need. Maybe hangook can come back this up if you need more

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2021, 08:57:40 am »

if it is its almost certainly at a state-by-state or even school-by-school basis. republicans are doing their usual shtick where they grab a couple clips that look bad (esp. out of context) and then pretend thats the state of the entire education system.

like i def think that some of the newer generation of teachers are a bit weird but thats not indicative of much beyond a couple of them being a bit weird