Read 1164 times

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Buying Crypto in Korea ?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2022, 12:16:17 pm »
I tried, but needed an American phone number and American address to register. Any Americans have success? What exchange did you use?

I used Coinsmart behind a VPN.  It is Canadian.  But it may accept Americans?  I used my sister's Canadian address and I entered my Korean phone number to get a confirmation text.  I used interact e transfer but that is a Canadian thing.  Will it accept a debit or credit card for deposit if you are American?  Canadians are banned from using their debit or credit card.  If you still have an American bank account to link to it could work.  I did sign up for Coinbase a long time ago and can't remember what I used which was American but also global. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are losers who are blocked.  Good riddance to them. They will still be in Korea 10 years from now unless they are retired.  Either way, they will be poor since all they know how to do is troll rather than work for something more

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 05:11:05 pm »
A lot of Canadian banks don't allow you to use their cards to buy Crapto, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 05:49:13 pm by Billy Herrington »
A proud member of The Hateful Eight

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2022, 02:03:05 pm »
A lot of Canadian banks don't allow you to use their cards to buy Crapto, unfortunately.

Yeah.  It sucks but a loophole is interac e transfer.  Coinsmart logged into and registered via VPN you can do that.  I put some money on it as I mentioned before.  Sent it over to FTX from there BTC wallet transfer.  Then converted to other cryptos.
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are losers who are blocked.  Good riddance to them. They will still be in Korea 10 years from now unless they are retired.  Either way, they will be poor since all they know how to do is troll rather than work for something more

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 02:07:13 pm »
I tried, but needed an American phone number and American address to register. Any Americans have success? What exchange did you use?

On coinsmart?  I used my sisters mailing address in Canada and my bank in Canada.  But I did use my Korean cell phone number.  I had to be behind a VPN when I did it.  It should work for you.  Coinsmart is Canadian but AMericans can use too I think?

I also register for FTX which is overseas with my Canada passport and Korean drivers license.  Took pics of each to verify my identity.  That site will let you use an American credit card as well?  I use COinsmart to accept my money, then I buy BTC and transfer it over to FTX.  Since Canadians are blocked from using credit cards to buy crypto.  FTX just has more variety including XRP and some of the bull and bear coins (which are more speculative).

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 02:08:47 pm »
Unrelated but similar situation, PayPal finally let me register my Korean cell number even though everything else on it is Canadian including accounts address, etc.  Was always a pain before when I got locked out.  Had to call during their Canadian business hours.  So, that's fixed too.  Great to see many sites accepting Korean cell phone numbers. 

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 02:12:18 pm »
Oh, I did want to mention that cryptos are rising right now. 

Especially XRP and it's associated bullcoin (XRPBULL).   My portfolio was dwindled down to almost nothing this summer.  I am almost on par to triple my holdings as of right now.  (Though still not a lot, yet.)  Future risers.  Even if it falls again, hold stubbornly for dear life.  Long term.  But if a good spike, then by all means take a little out (wire some home) and spend, pay off debts, etc.  Just make sure to still leave some in for long term.  The bull coin riders may be your real friend here.  After a certain period you can sell and convert to the regular coins.   

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 02:22:45 pm »
Ah, the olde fartface is back. Still haven't learned how to post properly, have you?

Also if you say you:
-can't read this message,
-don't know what I'm saying,
-I'm being ignored,

then that means you are literally Slenderman and to please put your arms down in the corridors already. I suspect you read every hidden message no matter your denials. Good day.