Read 9771 times

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: US States ranked by fully vaccinated
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2021, 06:36:56 pm »
80 years?

Dude, polio vaccine has not been around that long. 

I think my facetious support of hangook’s position by suggesting we wait sixty to eighty years and see what happens to people who took the vaccine got missed. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2021, 06:55:48 pm »
I think my facetious support of hangook’s position by suggesting we wait sixty to eighty years and see what happens to people who took the vaccine got missed. 

I was waiting for you to come in and tell everyone. Hahaha

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2021, 07:43:28 pm »

Wow, my bad.  That was far too deadpan.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2021, 11:47:43 pm »
It's all a liberal plot:

"John Nolte (on Breitbart) argued that the partisan gap in vaccination rates was part of a liberal plot. Liberals like Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Anthony Fauci and Howard Stern have tried so hard to persuade people to get vaccinated, because they know that Republican voters will do the opposite of whatever they say, Nolte wrote.

His argument is certainly bizarre, given that Democratic politicians have been imploring all Americans to get vaccinated and many Republican politicians have not. But Nolte did offer a glimpse at a creeping political fear among some Republicans. “Right now, a countless number of Trump supporters believe they are owning the left by refusing to take a lifesaving vaccine,” Nolte wrote. “In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?”

Better red AND dead?

"Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000."

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2021, 12:23:23 am »
Just fyi, mRNA vaccines have been in development since the 1980s, and have been undergoing trial testing since 2011 (although obviously not the covid one).
Also, all three of the popular covid vaccines have received official FDA approval as of August 23, 2021.

Out of curiosity, what are your opinions about Invermectin?
My opinion is that he could use a little deworming.

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2021, 07:50:05 am »
Just a little curious how hangook77 is going to go to China if he wants to remain unvaccinated?

It fits right into his playbook.

He likes to talk big about going to China but for the past decade, hasn't had the guts to go, so a travel ban suits him just fine.
The fact that he chooses to act like a hormonal teenage emo girl and remain unvaccinated, just because it's rebellious, is going
to be his next excuse to not follow through with all his big talk.

He always has, and always will be, a man of nothing but talk.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2021, 07:54:30 am »
It fits right into his playbook.

He likes to talk big about going to China but for the past decade, hasn't had the guts to go, so a travel ban suits him just fine.
The fact that he chooses to act like a hormonal teenage emo girl and remain unvaccinated, just because it's rebellious, is going

He always has, and always will be, a man of nothing but talk.

I don't disagree, but "hormonal teenage emo girl."  Ouch.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2021, 08:09:58 am »

I'm surprised that their school allowed them the option of remaining unvaccinated.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if being vaccinated became part of our terms of employment some time in the near future.

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2021, 08:27:25 am »
I'm surprised that their school allowed them the option of remaining unvaccinated.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if being vaccinated became part of our terms of employment some time in the near future.

The impression that I was given was that, at least for public schools, Korean teachers are required to get vaccinated while the foreign teacher is not. It might still be expected of them at many schools and could effect their renewals in the future should they refuse to get it, but my own school had been surprised that I'd wanted to sign up for vaccination at the same time as the others.

Which kind of surprised me because I had thought that ALL teachers employed by the education office were required to receive the vaccination. Even now I'm not really sure about it. All I know is I couldn't really understand why everyone at my school at the time thought I was anti-vax, lol.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2021, 08:30:04 am »
All I know is I couldn't really understand why everyone at my school at the time thought I was anti-vax, lol.

They probably hear about the problems the USA has with their vaccine programmes, and assume that all Americans are like the ones they see on TV.
As always, it's the extremists who ruin it for everybody else.  :sad:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2021, 08:30:36 am »
I couldn't really understand why everyone at my school at the time thought I was anti-vax, lol.

Stop ranting about Jewish 9/11 conspiracies at lunchtime, Chinguetti.

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2021, 08:36:55 am »
Yeah, I get the conspiracy theories and the news and all, but I'd been very, very vocal about my support of vaccination, and had even expressed numerous times that I couldn't wait to get vaxxed.

I mean there were Kteachers who were spouting the conspiracy theories and I was the one telling them that those theories have no basis.

This is just "kimchi is too spicy for foreigners" all over again, even after they've watched me eat it a shit-ton of times, haha.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2021, 08:37:24 am »
The impression that I was given was that, at least for public schools, Korean teachers are required to get vaccinated while the foreign teacher is not. It might still be expected of them at many schools and could effect their renewals in the future should they refuse to get it, but my own school had been surprised that I'd wanted to sign up for vaccination at the same time as the others.

Which kind of surprised me because I had thought that ALL teachers employed by the education office were required to receive the vaccination. Even now I'm not really sure about it. All I know is I couldn't really understand why everyone at my school at the time thought I was anti-vax, lol.
I usually skim through the tons of message that the school sends every day on their app, in an attempt to improve my Korean. And I do know it's not mandatory. But every single person working at my school has gotten vaccinated. I do believe full-time tenured teachers can't be fired over this. But they sure can be shunned  by being sent to really undesirable locations. I do see them saying it would be a requirement for contract, or incoming new teachers though.

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2021, 08:40:38 am »
I usually skim through the tons of message that the school sends every day on their app, in an attempt to improve my Korean. And I do know it's not mandatory. But every single person working at my school has gotten vaccinated. I do believe full-time tenured teachers can't be fired over this. But they sure can be shunned  by being sent to really undesirable locations. I do see them saying it would be a requirement for contract, or incoming new teachers though.

Oh, my coteacher told me it was required, like they didn't have a choice.

It could be one of those things that's "required," I guess.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2021, 08:46:55 am »

Probably socially required, parental pressure. Being 'shunned' is a huge factor in Korea, especially in elementary schools, at least in my experience.

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2021, 08:53:57 am »

One of my CTs didn't take hers. She told me she's afraid as she has a "heart condition" and relies heavily on BS social media stories.

VICE gave some very interesting examples of what happens on social media and how it's highlighting how many stupid, gullible, idiots there are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEmn_o3tnrc&t=1s&ab_channel=VICENews

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2021, 12:27:40 pm »
Hydroxychloroquine, medically speaking, is an anti-malarial, and has no particular anti-viral properties, so I don't understand why it was being examined as something that could be used against the corona virus in the first place.
Salicylic acid is part of aspirin. It's also a skin care product for treating acne. It also treats dandruff and warts. Stuff can be effective against multiple conditions.

My question, I guess, is why people would shun thoroughly researched, well tested, and FDA approved vaccines in favour of something that is not even remotely close to being sufficiently tested or researched.
I don't know. Anti-vaxxers are dumb.

How long has ivermectin been tested? If it's reaching a similar duration and showing results, then people shouldn't resist it either. I mean, is there really THAT much less research and testing with ivermectin vs. the vaccine (at the vaccine's release date)?

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2021, 12:29:28 pm »
One of my CTs didn't take hers. She told me she's afraid as she has a "heart condition"
Not to be contrarian, but she might genuinely have a heart condition. I could understand someone with a heart condition they take medication for being a bit leery about the vaccine when you hear reports of cardiac issues.

Of course at the same time, the risk of COVID far exceeds the risk of heart complications. But I can understand someone maybe wanting to be at the back of the line. They should still be in line, but I get wanting to wait and see.

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2021, 12:33:35 pm »
In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000."
If true, then the difference in deaths is not sufficient to swing an election. Almost all counties where Trump when 70% of the vote are sub-100k in population. That would be like 30ish people. Each state might have at most, a few dozen counties that go hard Trump. I mean it could make a difference, but probably not.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:49:40 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2021, 12:39:03 pm »
this just in from flawed reasoning news:
trump voters 400% more likely to die from coronavirus
wow!