Read 9769 times

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: US States ranked by fully vaccinated
« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2021, 05:29:41 pm »

Can you explain the MSM's conduct on the Hunter Biden story then?

The MSM may be better, but that doesn't mean they still aren't a bunch of ratings-chasing scumbags who constantly misrepresent things in the pieces they publish.

"Not as shitty as them" isn't really much of a defense.

I mean, if you listened to the MSM you'd believe that 1) Candace Owens called for an invasion of Australia 2) That Hunter Biden's laptop was just Russian disinformation 3) That Trump called Nazis "fine people" 4) That Trump told people to drink bleach 5) That Joe Rogan took horse de-wormer 6) The Covington Kids Nonsense 7) That Trump Jr. was offered advance access to the Wikileaks dump 8) That 17 intel agencies agreed Russia was behind the attacks and on and on and on

All of these are not true, but many of them are widely-held beliefs by those who follow the MSM.

Granted on the right you could make a worse list of 8 batcrap crazy beliefs fueled by their media, but that doesn't make it right for the MSM and their followers to do that kind of nonsense as well.

Get a clue- Trust no one in the media. Always look at stories from multiple angles and multiple sources. Take seriously the issues the other side raises with the story, be they on the left or on the right.

Get out of your bubble.

There's a poster inspired by the mainstreaming of crazy with Jimbo's return.  :laugh:

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2021, 05:35:11 pm »
He does kind of have a point about this. The mainstream media all rushed to declare the story "Russian disinformation".

Here are the "experts" telling us that it is disinformation- https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276
And later on we find out it's not. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/12/hunter-biden-corruption-515583

Yet again the "experts" were wrong about things and gullible saps accepted the media explanation.  Yes, there was propaganda on this story- by American mainstream media outlets and various experts and officials, not by Russia But of course many dimwits on the left believed the "RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!" nonsense because..... Why exactly?

Well, hang on a sec.  Did you happen to examine the links to parts of the story on that politico "investigation"?  Aside from linking to politico (natch) the vast majority are to MSM reporting on the story.  I don't think that really helps your point that they got it wrong, when their reporting is what is used. 

I don't understand, either, why you insist that I only read left-leaning/MSM sources.  You have no basis for that, because it isn't true.  However, long years of experience have shown me that CNN, WaPo and NYT are more likely to have the facts than Breitbart, NYPost and the WSJ editorial page.  Is that concept too difficult or far-fetched for you?

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2021, 06:10:37 pm »
Well, hang on a sec.  Did you happen to examine the links to parts of the story on that politico "investigation"?  Aside from linking to politico (natch) the vast majority are to MSM reporting on the story.  I don't think that really helps your point that they got it wrong, when their reporting is what is used. 

I don't understand, either, why you insist that I only read left-leaning/MSM sources.  You have no basis for that, because it isn't true.  However, long years of experience have shown me that CNN, WaPo and NYT are more likely to have the facts than Breitbart, NYPost and the WSJ editorial page.  Is that concept too difficult or far-fetched for you?

Marty is still trying to push the Hunter Biden story which the Trumpers really hoped would be devastating to Daddy Biden's campaign. Turns out there wasn't much to it apart from the disgraced exploits of a screwed-up, drug-addicted man. Just like the left didn't really push the coke-fueled rants of Don Jr.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2021, 06:58:30 pm »
He does kind of have a point about this. The mainstream media all rushed to declare the story "Russian disinformation".

Here are the "experts" telling us that it is disinformation- https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276
And later on we find out it's not. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/12/hunter-biden-corruption-515583

Yet again the "experts" were wrong about things and gullible saps accepted the media explanation.  Yes, there was propaganda on this story- by American mainstream media outlets and various experts and officials, not by Russia But of course many dimwits on the left believed the "RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!" nonsense because..... Why exactly?

Just a reminder that a few of our resident gullible saps were INSISTENT this was all Russian nonsense and the story was nonsense.
https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=117567.2480

Seriously why do you guys (MayorHaggar, Mr. C, etc.) keep giving the MSM the benefit of the doubt after they've effed up so many times? Like, after this is it any surprise 1/3rd of the American public on the right completely distrusts the MSM and is prone to believe in conspiracy theories? And that's before we get to the Sandernistas on the left who also think a lot of the same things...
You slam the media yet your post uses links from the same publication to support your argument.

Joe has a Hunter problem, no doubt. But as for russia:

"Russia’s premier intelligence agency has launched another campaign to pierce thousands of U.S. government, corporate and think-tank computer networks, Microsoft officials and cybersecurity experts warned Sunday, only months after President Joe Biden imposed sanctions on Moscow in response to a series of sophisticated spy operations it had conducted around the world.

The new effort is “very large, and it is ongoing,” said Tom Burt, one of Microsoft’s top security officers. Government officials confirmed that the operation, apparently aimed at acquiring data stored in the cloud, seemed to come out of the SVR, the Russian intelligence agency that was the first to enter the Democratic National Committee’s networks during the 2016 election."

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/nation-world/story/2021-10-25/russia-challenges-biden-again-with-broad-cybersurveillance-operation

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2021, 01:50:23 am »
Marty is still trying to push the Hunter Biden story which the Trumpers really hoped would be devastating to Daddy Biden's campaign. Turns out there wasn't much to it apart from the disgraced exploits of a screwed-up, drug-addicted man. Just like the left didn't really push the coke-fueled rants of Don Jr.
Not much to it?  He was taking money from Ukraine and China and giving a percentage to his dad.  Any other century and he would be shot for treason.
Bonzai!

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2021, 07:46:55 am »
Not much to it?  He was taking money from Ukraine and China and giving a percentage to his dad.  Any other century and he would be shot for treason.
He was giving a percentage to his dad? Really?
Seems pretty unlikely that his dad would accept it, being a career politician and all.

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2021, 10:44:33 am »
And I said as much when it happened- That Hunter probably tried to trade off the family name and Joe Biden beyond wanting to get his idiot addict son some help, didn't have anything to do with it. I even said that Joe should just talk to the voters about Hunter's problems and be candid about it, because that's when he's at his best.

Some others on the other hand, all said this was a fake story and it was Russian disinformation.

Well turns you were wrong.

WRONG- This Hunter Biden story is fake (MSM, The left, the lefties on here)
WRONG- This Hunter Biden story will sink Joe Biden (RW Media, The right, the righties on here)
RIGHT- This story is potentially real and likely not Russian propaganda, but there's probably not much there, at least as far as Joe Biden is concerned. At MOST you'll find out he did something to get his idiot son out of serious trouble, like any dad would.

If you had a brain and didn't just lap up the MSM or parrot liberal talking points all the time, you would have been able to see this. But you can't because you operate on pure reflex. That's what dimwits do. Stop being a dimwit and just agreeing or disagreeing on reflex.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:46:38 am by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2021, 10:54:24 am »
The MSM were all calling the Hunter Biden story "Russian Disinformation" at the start and refusing to give it credence. Now they're changing their tune.

Because if you did, you should be able to suss out when the MSM is full of it and when the conservative media is full of it, but you just go in one direction.

CNN being more likely than FOXNews to be accurate isn't some great accomplishment nor a reason to trust them. It just means relative to FOXNews they have a somewhat increased chance of being more accurate.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2021, 12:01:26 pm »
The MSM were all calling the Hunter Biden story "Russian Disinformation" at the start and refusing to give it credence. Now they're changing their tune.
Because if you did, you should be able to suss out when the MSM is full of it and when the conservative media is full of it, but you just go in one direction.

CNN being more likely than FOXNews to be accurate isn't some great accomplishment nor a reason to trust them. It just means relative to FOXNews they have a somewhat increased chance of being more accurate.

If this way of looking at things leads to "thinking" the way you do, no thanks!

« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2021, 12:23:32 pm »
If this way of looking at things leads to "thinking" the way you do, no thanks!
You were the one who was wrong about the Hunter Biden story.

It wasn't made-up. It wasn't disinformation. It wasn't a right-wing conspiracy theory. The MSM outlets should have ran the story and the fact they didn't looks rather suspect now.

You went hard that this story was a bunch of baloney. You were flat-out wrong. If you read the non-denial denials of the Biden camp at the time, you should have realized that yes, it probably was his laptop and he probably has some dodgy stuff on it (hence the propaganda effort by various experts and officials to label it Russian misinformation) but it also probably wasn't that damaging to Joe, hence the lack of full-on panic by the Dem apparatus.

But nope, you went with it being a bunch of baloney. Why? Because it's just team team team team team.

« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2021, 12:39:45 pm »
Who on the right gives factual, unbiased news information that is actually respected and referenced by right-wingers?
None of them do.

That's the point- NO ONE gives unbiased news. What you have to do is follow media outlets from a variety of sources. See where they agree- if they all state something as a fact, odds are pretty good that it's a fact. Generally stick to things that are objective statements of fact. Ignore adjectives and other words which add opinion or slanting to the story. You literally have to train yourself to read without absorbing anything that is opinion (and you'll still make mistakes- so acknowledge that as well).

If you see something written about the other side in a negative light, switch the words and terms around so that it's about your side. If your reaction completely changes, then you are being influenced by bias. Likewise if you are excusing something on your side, switch it around with people and terms from the other side and see if you would be as lenient. Finally, learning how to read government documents, legalese and how to read between the lines of what politicians say is a skill. It's why some people on here think the Mueller report actually proves collusion, whereas anyone with a brain when it comes to knowing government language and legalese can tell that it actually doesn't make any connection at all. It 'sounds' colludy, but it's really thin on actual provable facts and the figures it gives are rather laughable. Same with the 'Pandemic Playbook'. Anyone reading it knows it's just a bunch of generic crap that's about as useful as the teaching guide at your crapwon. However lots of morons believed that it was something of substance. Why? Either they hadn't read it or they can't really comprehend it.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2021, 01:37:43 pm »
You were the one who was wrong about the Hunter Biden story.

It wasn't made-up. It wasn't disinformation. It wasn't a right-wing conspiracy theory. The MSM outlets should have ran the story and the fact they didn't looks rather suspect now.

You went hard that this story was a bunch of baloney. You were flat-out wrong. If you read the non-denial denials of the Biden camp at the time, you should have realized that yes, it probably was his laptop and he probably has some dodgy stuff on it (hence the propaganda effort by various experts and officials to label it Russian misinformation) but it also probably wasn't that damaging to Joe, hence the lack of full-on panic by the Dem apparatus.

But nope, you went with it being a bunch of baloney. Why? Because it's just team team team team team.

Dude, you went from explaining it as a perfectly normal behavior of a busy person to justifying your opinion of it as being because Hunter Biden was a crazed, drug-addled lunatic along with his assistant.  You think you were behaving skeptically or had you totally bought into the right-wing narrative?  No, I'll stay on this side, thanks.

What, by the way, has turned up in the laptop related to Biden's illegal dealings with Burisma?

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2021, 02:05:00 pm »
He was giving a percentage to his dad? Really?
Seems pretty unlikely that his dad would accept it, being a career politician and all.

Yes his emails say 10% to the big guy the big guy is Joe Biden.
I don't get it.  Are you saying that it didn't happen, or saying that it is okay because that is what politicians do? 
If they were taking money from the Chinese then the Chinese have dirt on them, so they are compromised. This is not fake like Russia.
Bonzai!

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2021, 04:41:01 pm »
I don't get it.  Are you saying that it didn't happen, or saying that it is okay because that is what politicians do? 
If they were taking money from the Chinese then the Chinese have dirt on them, so they are compromised. This is not fake like Russia.

Damn! Get this information to the US District Attorney. Let's indict Joe Biden now based on the sole information of "the big guy". Thanks for the laughs as always!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2021, 11:06:25 pm »
I don't think supporting/defending trump at every turn makes one a skeptic who can sniff out BS like a trained bloodhound.

The big problem with Hunter Biden would appear to be his artwork, which is selling for prices that don't seem to match the level of artistry. Who is buying this art?  IMO he should halt all sales until his dad leaves office.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2021, 02:42:37 am »
Damn! Get this information to the US District Attorney. Let's indict Joe Biden now based on the sole information of "the big guy". Thanks for the laughs as always!

So you are telling me that the big guy who has used repeated before is not his dad?  And yes it would warrant an investigation.  But that is not all, his business partner is talking and is willing to testify.   He got billions of dollars to invest days after landing on a plane in China with his dad as Vice President.  He is also pictured in hotel with a known honey pot ccp Chinese actress. 
Bonzai!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:15 am »
So you are telling me that the big guy who has used repeated before is not his dad?  And yes it would warrant an investigation.  But that is not all, his business partner is talking and is willing to testify.   He got billions of dollars to invest days after landing on a plane in China with his dad as Vice President.  He is also pictured in hotel with a known honey pot ccp Chinese actress. 
But did he hit it?

You sound awfully jealous. I'd say green with envy, but I know how opposed to anything green right wing reactionaries such as yourself are.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2021, 07:14:38 am »
I'm asking for clarification, and a credible link to a source that says Mr.Biden received money from his son's idiocy.
You post a lot of interesting stuff, but often fail to provide sources. Sources that often prove to be difficult to track down.

People would take you more seriously if you did.

« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:58 am »
I have no reason to be skeptical that Hunter Biden in his drug-fueled scammery might have said some crap that linked his dad to what he was doing.

I have every reason to be skeptical that Joe Biden actually was involved.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:48:42 am by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2021, 10:54:12 am »
Dude, you went from explaining it as a perfectly normal behavior of a busy person to justifying your opinion of it as being because Hunter Biden was a crazed, drug-addled lunatic along with his assistant.  You think you were behaving skeptically or had you totally bought into the right-wing narrative?  No, I'll stay on this side, thanks.

What, by the way, has turned up in the laptop related to Biden's illegal dealings with Burisma?
Hunter Biden's problems with addiction have been well documented. Asdicts doing erratic things is normal.

What I wrote was one possibility. I said "It could have been this that happened". It's not my fault you interpreted that as a statement of fact rather than speculation.

I have no idea what the laptop will hold. I previously predicted nothing on it would link Joe Biden. I'm sticking by that prediction. AT WORST Biden would have done something to rescue his knucklehead son, the same way any loving dad would if their stupid kid was in serious trouble. ESPECIALLY a dad who has already tragically lost one son. That's just being human.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:56:46 am by Mr.DeMartino »