Read 790 times

ESL Teacher
« on: September 16, 2021, 04:44:09 pm »
Hello there, I am a native English speaker from South Africa with a 120hr TEFL certificate, I have both apostilled Bachelor's degree and clean background checks. I am currently in South Africa and I qualify for an E2 visa, I am available as soon as a visa is obtained. If you do have something available or want to set up an interview here's my skype id live:.cid.2fe3f50faefced 15, email address is Friedahventer@gmail.com
kind regards
Friedah

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: ESL Teacher
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:51:11 am »
Hello there, I am a native English speaker from South Africa with a 120hr TEFL certificate, I have both apostilled Bachelor's degree and clean background checks. I am currently in South Africa and I qualify for an E2 visa, I am available as soon as a visa is obtained. If you do have something available or want to set up an interview here's my skype id live:.cid.2fe3f50faefced 15, email address is Friedahventer@gmail.com
kind regards
Friedah

Korea's expensive nowadays and wages haven't moved in a long time.  I also have heard the prices in Cape Town have risen.  Korea isn't the money maker it use to be.  Recruiters use outdated lies of things that were true years ago and now no longer are, but keep running with it.  (IE "Come to Korea and make a lot of money."  Not true anymore.)  Come if you wish, but be forwarned.  If you do come, have an exit plan soon after.  China, Vietnam, etc are paying better nowadays and have a cheaper living cost meaning more money saved.  Tell your friends.  Best of luck. 

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:43:48 am »
Welcome Freidah,

Quick word about the above "poster" trying to steer you to China or Vietnam.  Most here suspect that he is a fake teacher and is just a recruiter trying to steer people to jobs in China.  He is always coming in and saying Korea is terrible and China is the place to be in every thread on here.  You'd just be best to ignore him, ( if you can, that is, he's a tenacious little fella).  Lots of jobs here and South Africans have the advantage of a favourable currency exchange.  Don't let the Hangook77 recruiter tell you about conditions in South Africa, also.  He's never been there.

Best of luck.  And is it possible to change your Skype ID to something someone could remember easily?  It's read like a line of computer coding.  Too complicated. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:52:26 am »
Welcome Freidah,

Quick word about the above "poster" trying to steer you to China or Vietnam.  Most here suspect that he is a fake teacher and is just a recruiter trying to steer people to jobs in China.  He is always coming in and saying Korea is terrible and China is the place to be in every thread on here.  You'd just be best to ignore him, ( if you can, that is, he's a tenacious little fella).  Lots of jobs here and South Africans have the advantage of a favourable currency exchange.  Don't let the Hangook77 recruiter tell you about conditions in South Africa, also.  He's never been there.

Best of luck.  And is it possible to change your Skype ID to something someone could remember easily?  It's read like a line of computer coding.  Too complicated. 

Actually ignore this poster and do your research. Compare the salaries of Korea and the other countries using a currency converter.  Also compare "cost of living".  China dn Vietnam are better for monthly and total savings.  However, short term, Korea may be easier to get into as Covid has some country's borders closed.  Korea, Japan, and Taiwan are all yesterday's countries as far as pay and savings potential go.  Check the Facebook Asian job groups and the Reddit forums for more accurate info.  Salaries were good here years ago, but the living cost rose and the salaries stayed the same making it no longer a good deal. 

With inflation, the salaries here were equal to 3 million won a month in today's money.  Now, jsut 2.1 million.  Korean minimum wage will be over 1.9 million won in 2022.  Low pay now.  Come if you wish, but have an exit plan after one year if you wish to save money for your future, pay off debt, etc. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:54:16 am by hangook77 »

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 07:19:14 pm »
Hangook77 is also notoriously materialistic.  He seems to think that making more money trumps things like incredibly dirty air, overcrowding, starting pandemics, dirty drinking water, unsafe hygiene, history of human rights atrocity, censoring and several other uncomfortable things about living in China or Vietnam.  IF you dislike any of the things listed above, I think Korea will be just fine for you.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 04:30:50 pm »
Actually ignore this poster and do your research. Compare the salaries of Korea and the other countries using a currency converter.  Also compare "cost of living".  China dn Vietnam are better for monthly and total savings.  However, short term, Korea may be easier to get into as Covid has some country's borders closed.  Korea, Japan, and Taiwan are all yesterday's countries as far as pay and savings potential go.  Check the Facebook Asian job groups and the Reddit forums for more accurate info.  Salaries were good here years ago, but the living cost rose and the salaries stayed the same making it no longer a good deal. 

With inflation, the salaries here were equal to 3 million won a month in today's money.  Now, jsut 2.1 million.  Korean minimum wage will be over 1.9 million won in 2022.  Low pay now.  Come if you wish, but have an exit plan after one year if you wish to save money for your future, pay off debt, etc.

for comparison then, how much can you earn on average as a NEW chinese or vietnamese esl teacher.

and how do you get jobs in vietnam as one? i havent heard how easy it would be to get there