• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Pretend to be another user
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 03:02:11 pm »

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2021, 04:41:36 pm »
I'd try to imitate Aristocrat because he actually has some tells and writes in a distinctive style with his usual references, except in order to do so I'd have to use my brain and think and write something coherent with a point and actually have some sort of indication of knowledge of what I'm talking about.

So rather than do all of that, instead I'll just imitate someone else with

"BS. The rain is because of you and your ilk who support Dirty Donald. I wonder if you'll still love Drumpfler when the Earth is completely flooded."

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2021, 05:01:04 pm »
I'd try to imitate Aristocrat because he actually has some tells and writes in a distinctive style with his usual references, except in order to do so I'd have to use my brain and think and write something coherent with a point and actually have some sort of indication of knowledge of what I'm talking about.

So rather than do all of that, instead I'll just imitate someone else with

"BS. The rain is because of you and your ilk who support Dirty Donald. I wonder if you'll still love Drumpfler when the Earth is completely flooded."

Well, you kind of nailed it. I like to keep paragraphs short and I'm fond of spaces between sentences, makes for easier reading and separates points nicely. 

Let's see...

KISS, Led Zeppelin, Guns 'n Roses and ACDC had feeling and soul, not like these modern musicians.

...now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to sanitise my fingers and keyboard after writing that nonsense.

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2021, 05:27:29 pm »

Let's see...

KISS, Led Zeppelin, Guns 'n Roses and ACDC had feeling and soul, not like these modern musicians.

Liechtenstein! Yes?

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2021, 06:22:54 pm »
Well, you kind of nailed it. I like to keep paragraphs short and I'm fond of spaces between sentences, makes for easier reading and separates points nicely. 
Yeah I'd have to go into a deeper skin routine to address OP's original point on a thread about "Where to find X product in Korea" while also responding to some sort of random criticism of Islam that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and includes a personal attack on my wife.

Either that or (a bit wordy explanation of) music theory way above my pay grade. (As opposed to some other user who would go into a wordy explanation of military history/Star Trek reference combined with some sort of Scott Adams claptrap that somehow gets tied into a defense of Korea through the most random of tangents...)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 06:27:26 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:10 pm »
If we're going to do this right, we first have to decide if this is parody or satire based on my extensive reading in critical theory. To do anything else would be idiotic.

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2021, 10:29:38 pm »

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 07:54:11 am »
hey now that could be me OR tino. get more specific

i go to the gym to get gainz so i can open my own soylent. starcraft reference

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 09:42:58 am »
i go to the gym to get gainz so i can open my own soylent. starcraft reference
word.

That was an excellent tony tony tony, sadly overshadowed by his own insane contribution just a few posts later.
truly a shame

here's a throwback:

"It's Friday! Have a good weekend everybody. Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday. (Rebecca Black gif or something). **** you, gloob. haha JK love u gloob"
more gg more skill

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 09:59:21 am »
fka you're TOO good at this
more gg more skill

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 10:05:15 am »
I'm only sure of, like, three of these.

The others seem like they can be multiple users to me.  :laugh:

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2021, 10:12:52 am »

the bolded bit at the end really sells it

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2021, 10:27:38 am »
I'll be prooven right. Just wait and see. People use to care about the integridy of those elections ... and let the mediaocre students rise to the top because all they care about is getting rich through teaching marxism ... they've been bought by the woke brigaid, obviously. I heard from someone that a guy has pictures of the vans, and of a man in a hat standing near the school.
:laugh:
more gg more skill

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2021, 10:36:02 am »
:laugh:

Not all English is spelled the way it sounds. Deal with it.

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2021, 11:12:03 am »
OP: There's construction going on next door and the builders have started showing up at 6am. First it was 7:30, which still seemed early, but I could tolerate it. For the last week they've been running power saws and hammering scaffolding at 6am, though. Why don't the Korean authorities bother to regulate this?

Mystery Waygooker: You do realize that buildings can't be magically deposited, fully constructed, by soundless drones, don't you? You're aware that we're not at a point technologically where we no longer need hammers and power saws? Classic example of a foreigner who wants the benefits of living in a modern Korean city but is unwilling to pay the price that comes with progress. I mean, if you seriously think buildings can be constructed in silence, you're an idiot. Anyone who knows anything about construction knows that even partially prefabricated buildings still need onsite assembly requiring leveling, cement pouring, framing, panel hammering and plumbing installation. "Let's risk losing this valuable contract and putting rice on the table to avoid disturbing the sleep of the delicate ESL teacher" - yeah, I'm sure that's gonna go down well with a crew of ajeossis who wake up before dawn every day to stand out in the cold working angle grinders and belt saws to make the buildings that YOU want to live in but also complain about. Seriously, some people are so effing clueless. Are you suggesting that we return to pre-Sampoong Department Store building standards? That's where your logic leads. And it says a lot about your knowledge of construction.

Only idiots think that Korea would be a better society with building standards that predate the 1995 Sampoong disaster.

9/10

But I would address the issue of the 6AM start with some sort of explanation either completely convoluted or actually basically true (which the other person simply didn't think of before ranting), which would then result in the inevitable exchange.

Also, I wouldn't say "foreigner", I'd say "someone" or "an idiot" or some 4-adjective+noun term I slapdashed together.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 11:14:20 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2021, 11:19:57 am »
I check in on this site every once in a while and am constantly not amazed by the inane drivel that all you drooling idiots waste your time with.
Like this very thread, for example. So dumb.
Me? Im making bank building up my own little empire over here.
Dont be surprised when I reject applications from all you morons.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 11:22:17 am by Kyndo »

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2021, 11:44:34 am »
President Xi and the CCP are evil bastards that, like Hitler, must be stopped. It is sad that so many average Chinese people are so brainwashed that they are unaware of the depravity of their regime.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 11:46:52 am by Adel »

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2021, 12:27:17 pm »
Evil bastards? Clearly you've never read the classics (I am of course referring to Confucius or Mencius). The CPC is the final product of thousands of years of superior social technology. The West, on the other hand, originates from a petty bickering culture. The already dilapidated West will only fall further and further behind as China returns to its rightful place as the Middle Kingdom. Read a book. Perhaps Mencius.
more gg more skill

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2021, 12:37:30 pm »
Read a book. Perhaps Mencius. he will teach you the ways of blood and sulphur. Learn to appease fire, temper, and affliction. Learn what it means to die for what you believe. Take no joy in hearing someone else denounce a creed you cherish. Acknowledge the necessities of loving a foe. That hatred, despite all its risks, is life. Take all pleasure in the depths of the sea. This is what evil should be. It is not joyous, but ineffably miserable. Or if you cannot abide suffering, then find enjoyment in torment. For that too is life. Indulge the darkest of pleasures. Even if you have only the threat of their consequences. But feel the sting of the cruelest punishment. For, surely, what is evil but pain-reduced? That it is the nature of man to act against his better nature does not bother you. Do not fear that which you have never had to endure. While hatred and pain may be the measure of good and evil, only your mind is free. For neither action nor inaction can see the end. For the joy that comes from living in the Tropics,m is bnuyt that fort which a man would do anytihng.

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2021, 12:39:26 pm »
check out my new Busan vlog, coming soon.

so that i can do my best to look like i know what i'm talking about, i asked my host mom to teach me the hanbok basics.

right now, I'm still struggling to find the right color buti think i have it nailed down now - a reddish brownish?

I think that's it.

other than that, my mom sent me some dress shoes (i don't think she knew i was looking) and a yellow flowered jacket.

I'm so excited! there is a lot to learn, especially from wearing hanbok