Read 5386 times

Re: Congratulations Gavin Newsom
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2022, 08:36:37 pm »
I'd imagine those Aussies headed in the other direction would be wannbe sports stars and Rupert Murdoch types.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it wasn't that easy to legally immigrate to the states for work without a shit load of money or some special talent in high demand. The few people I know that have, went via Canada because commonwealth relationships made it easier.
Maybe things have changed.

It's too easy sometimes.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2022, 02:17:41 am »
I can only write anecdotally but those North Americans immigrants that I've met but typically speak favourably about our affordable health care system, relative security without fear of gun violence and an appreciation for multiculturalism within our education system and other government institutions.   

Not everyone is living and breathing politics 24-7

I find it odd how you conflate health care, education and things that contribute the quality of a person's life that I've grown up with and almost take for granted as politics 24-7.   Aren't you one of those people who consider people trying to protect themselves from disease to be 'Leftists'?   Your mind is fixated in a very strange place.

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2022, 09:11:58 am »
I find it odd how you conflate health care, education and things that contribute the quality of a person's life that I've grown up with and almost take for granted as politics 24-7.   
The average Aussie immigrant to America would be taking on a professional position and thus would have health insurance and access to some of the best levels of the U.S. health system, would be living in a nice neighborhood, and their kids would go to liberal schools.

You seem to have some fake vision of America where middle class people have no health care, are living in the ghetto or dealing with mass shootings monthly, and Klan rallies are happening all over. That's simply not how it is and the only person who would think it is,is a dimwit who cannot separate headlines from frequency and likelihood and over-emphasizes politics.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2022, 09:46:52 am »
The average Aussie immigrant to America would be taking on a professional position and thus would have health insurance and access to some of the best levels of the U.S. health system, would be living in a nice neighborhood, and their kids would go to liberal schools.

You seem to have some fake vision of America where middle class people have no health care, are living in the ghetto or dealing with mass shootings monthly, and Klan rallies are happening all over. That's simply not how it is and the only person who would think it is,is a dimwit who cannot separate headlines from frequency and likelihood and over-emphasizes politics.

Who said anything about America other than yourself? I know creating strawmen is more addictive for you than any kind of opioid but the anecdotes that I spoke of were those from American immigrants and their descriptions of Australia. I know nothing of your ghetto life stories.

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2022, 10:31:56 am »
Who said anything about America other than yourself? I know creating strawmen is more addictive for you than any kind of opioid but the anecdotes that I spoke of were those from American immigrants and their descriptions of Australia. I know nothing of your ghetto life stories.
"I didn't say anything about America. I just posted what I heard Americans say about America, complete with an editorial slant to it as part of a debate. Strawman!!!"