Read 2127 times

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
Re: In Korea Whites were Slaves
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 01:35:37 pm »
That's 3 million won plus housing and excluding the overtime and renewal bonus.  Get it right punk. I'll give some if give some money.

What?

don't be so simplistic as to say whites were the only invaders and slave traders. 

Who in this thread said that? Are the voices in your head speaking to you again?

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2021, 01:49:08 pm »

Berbery pirates

So these guys were decedents of slaves or pirates?

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 01:53:10 pm »
What?

Who in this thread said that? Are the voices in your head speaking to you again?

Voices in your head triggering you over speaking truth?

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 02:57:16 pm »
it was mostly Britian and France who did most of it, not Canada or other countries.  So not all whites had anything to do with that. 
Uhh, I may be a little off on my history and dates, but wasn't Canada a territory of the British Empire at the time and NOT a separate country?

Slavery is condemnable, but don't say I am bad for being white.  I did none of this.  Get lost.
I have no problem with this stance. Seriously.

As long as the person who says it also doesn't talk about about how their culture/country produced all these achievements and others should be thankful and somehow they're connected to all of that.

However, it has been my experience that the people who want group credit don't want group blame and many people who want to blame entire groups don't want themselves to be blamed as part of a group.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 04:22:38 pm »
And they still whine we dropped the A bomb on them because they wouldn't surrender and quit raping killing and enslaving half of Asia.

Can you go into more detail about this? I love reading about alternate histories!

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 07:12:28 pm »
With the way Koreans (and other Asians) assign everyone not from their country the blanket term of "foriegner," I'm sure there is a lot of nuance about where these hypothetical Youtube conspiracy theory slaves were from.

Angry white dudes LOVE talking about forms of slavery other than Atlantic chattel slavery.

That and their precious white genocide bullshit.

That reminds me, T_Rex was spreading white genocide bullshit here not that long ago.

https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=121231.msg850430;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 07:14:14 pm by MayorHaggar »

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 08:42:39 pm »
With the way Koreans (and other Asians) assign everyone not from their country the blanket term of "foriegner," I'm sure there is a lot of nuance about where these hypothetical Youtube conspiracy theory slaves were from.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 07:35:32 am »
As for slavery, I'm not angry about black slavery
um.. ok?

they still whine we dropped the A bomb on them
lmao who is "we" in this sentence? you're not american. you weren't alive when it happened. how can you possibly use "we" here?
more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 07:41:10 am »
um.. ok?
lmao who is "we" in this sentence? you're not american. you weren't alive when it happened. how can you possibly use "we" here?

The Allies and my step dad's father was a gunner over the Philippines for the US Air Force in WW II and countless other relatives who also fought on the Canadian side as a part of the Allies.  (Though admittedly, they were in Europe.)  And, if you don't know how to read a history book or speak to people who were alive then, well, I can't help you. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 07:43:35 am »
Can you go into more detail about this? I love reading about alternate histories!

What is alternate history?  Japan didn't rape and kill half of Asia, use local conquered people's and western POWs as slave labor, they never forced many non Japanese women to be sex slaves day in and day out for hours a day non stop?  Where are you pulling your bullshit from?  The weren't white, but shit, the British never went to this extreme, though I don't glorify what they did either. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 08:38:10 am »
The Allies and my step dad's father was a gunner over the Philippines for the US Air Force in WW II
wow. yeah, you're right. it's like you really were there! my family is italian. when i read about the holy roman empire i don't think "wow. we really conquered a lot of shit, didn't we?" because i'm not a crazy person
more gg more skill

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2021, 08:49:40 am »
Quote from: hangook77 on Yesterday at 01:29:40 pm
And they still whine we dropped the A bomb on them because they wouldn't surrender and quit raping killing and enslaving half of Asia.

um.. ok?

Mmm..... pronoun/ referent issues!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:29:16 am by Adel »

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2021, 09:51:29 am »
wow. yeah, you're right. it's like you really were there! my family is italian. when i read about the holy roman empire i don't think "wow. we really conquered a lot of shit, didn't we?" because i'm not a crazy person

Fine, be consistent though, as DM likes to point out. Next time a black person talks about 'we' or 'my people' being enslaved, call them crazy as well.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 10:39:24 am »
let me be more clear. i'm american. i have no problem with an american saying "we bombed japan." our country that did it. i would take whatever historical blame or credit comes with it. on the other hand, i wouldn't take credit (or blame) for some british ww2 operation (even if my grandfather was british). i'm not british and i've never been british. sure the brits were on our team, but it seems very weird to use 'we' for the things they did...

and yes i also agree with d'tino that there needs to be consistency when talking about group blame and group credit. i'm on the side of having some degree of group credit as well as some degree of group blame (no man is an island or whatever). but to get back to your point...no. black people are not crazy (because it actually was their people being enslaved), but hangook still is (because he isn't american and i don't think his step-grandfather really qualifies him to receive any credit or blame). they are not the same. you're free to argue that one's step-grandfather does grandfather one in (ha) to group blame or group credit (tbh i don't think it's that interesting of a discussion)... but anyway my position on this is consistent
more gg more skill

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 10:48:06 am »
The Allies and my step dad's father was a gunner over the Philippines for the US Air Force in WW II and countless other relatives who also fought on the Canadian side as a part of the Allies.  (Though admittedly, they were in Europe.)  And, if you don't know how to read a history book or speak to people who were alive then, well, I can't help you. 
By your "logic", we at the time also enabled segregation, colonization, and everything back to the days of slavery.

And if you have any German relatives who were Nazis, "we" did the Holocaust.

Looks like by your "logic", we are to blame for slavery after all.

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2021, 10:54:59 am »
let me be more clear. i'm american. i have no problem with an american saying "we bombed japan." our country that did it. i would take whatever historical blame or credit comes with it. on the other hand, i wouldn't take credit (or blame) for some british ww2 operation (even if my grandfather was british). i'm not british and i've never been british. sure the brits were on our team, but it seems very weird to use 'we' for the things they did...

and yes i also agree with d'tino that there needs to be consistency when talking about group blame and group credit. i'm on the side of having some degree of group credit as well as some degree of group blame (no man is an island or whatever). but to get back to your point...no. black people are not crazy (because it actually was their people being enslaved), but hangook still is (because he isn't american and i don't think his step-grandfather really qualifies him to receive any credit or blame). they are not the same. you're free to argue that one's step-grandfather does grandfather one in (ha) to group blame or group credit (tbh i don't think it's that interesting of a discussion)... but anyway my position on this is consistent

People identify with different groups according to context. It's quite common for people to say 'we' when they're talking about the Allies in WW2 or other groups such as football teams, nationalities or races in some cases. And of course yeah, people are going to do this more often when talking about positive things, as is human nature.

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 11:02:00 am »
Fine, be consistent though, as DM likes to point out. Next time a black person talks about 'we' or 'my people' being enslaved, call them crazy as well.
This is true too. Some suburban African-American kid saying how he should be given reparations for slavery is as dubious as blaming some suburban white kid for slavery.

HOWEVER, here are MILLIONS of black people who were alive during segregation who are still alive now.  That had profound effects. That DID disadvantage people systematically and it was recent enough to have an effect on their direct descendants and it is easily traceable.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 11:11:08 am »
People identify with different groups according to context. It's quite common for people to say 'we' when they're talking about the Allies in WW2 or other groups such as football teams, nationalities or races in some cases. And of course yeah, people are going to do this more often when talking about positive things, as is human nature.

In hangook's case, though, it would be like an Ethiopian talking about how "his" people were enslaved because his Guinean step-grandfather was kidnapped and forced into servitude in Mauritania. In which case the Ethiopian would be a bit crazy.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 11:11:45 am »
People identify with different groups according to context. It's quite common for people to say 'we' when they're talking about the Allies in WW2 or other groups such as football teams, nationalities or races in some cases
for sure for sure. football teams, nationalities, races, you're right. it happens all the time. but we draw the line somewhere. i mean i can't take credit for the creation of poutine on the grounds that the creator of poutine and i are both humans, right? it's a bit too broad. this is just where i draw the line. credit or blame for dropping the bombs is on americans. it's mostly on the people who made the decision. it's on non-americans who were alive and involved in the war. it's on lots of people for lots of reasons. i dont think its on hangook.

also, just because it's human nature to want to take more credit and avoid more blame doesn't make it reasonable, right?
more gg more skill

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 11:14:35 am »
In hangook's case, though, it would be like an Ethiopian talking about how "his" people were enslaved because his Guinean step-grandfather was kidnapped and forced into servitude in Mauritania. In which case the Ethiopian would be a bit crazy.

As I said, the Allies were a group, people from different countries identified with and to some extent still do.